April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Lips - Nivea - A Kiss of Milk and Honey

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Alyseh

I was excited to try this Nivea product out, I seen it and I thought it would be a great little lip balm to keep in my school bag. It is a nice product when first applying to the lips but it doesn't seem to stay on the lips for a long time, for me personally I don't feel like like it gives much moisture which is kind of disappointing because I was so keen to try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by xsoph

My lips are very sensitive. I think I'm allergic to some ingredients used in other products such as burts bee's, Chapstick, blistex, baby lips etc. my lips go all red and inflamed and bumps start to come up. So the packaging says that it's made of natural ingredients and is 100% preservative free I thought I might give this a try and I can say this works very well. I've been using my EOS lipbalm in mint for a while but it's so bulky, it's so inconvenient to bring around with me. The balm doesn't feel sticky or slimy which is good! The smell is kinda funky though, it's smells like saturated sweet cereal. The price is kinda meh, I bought it at Priceline on sale for $5. Overall, it keeps my lips from chapping and i don't get an allergic reaction

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Not a fan of this balm, at all. Mostly because it doesn't fulfill the intended purpose of moisturizing the lips. It just applies a film of wax on the lips and smells of artificial honey. If your lips are really dry or cracked this will do nothing. Otherwise, you will get greasy feeling lips.

I really love honey. But in comparison to other honey body care products, it's just semi sweet. No color deposit. And I felt bad that I actually paid $3 for this tube. There isn't that much product, or maybe I feel this way because the balm stick fell out of the tube early on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is okay. It's a balm formula on the drier side, so it doesn't really add a hint of shine or feel liquidy on lips. The moisturizing effect seems to wear off as soon as the balm does too, unfortunately.

The sickly yellow color of the balm itself turned me off at first (and yellow is my favorite color!) but I got over that quickly. I generally love milk & honey scents and bought this for that reason. I was hoping for a stronger flavor, but this one is very subtle - barely there at all. It's just a hint of mild sweetness.

No color deposit/payoff on lips to this, but it doesn't create a white line or come off in a gross way, which is always good. $3 at Ulta. Overall, it's fine, but it's not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by adhisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My favorite lip balm ever. I used to put on honey before I go to sleep but I haven't done that anymore since it's a bit troublesome, so I bought this lip balm. It doesn't feel waxy like any other lip balm I've tried and it feels surprisingly light on your lips even when you put layers of it. I put this on every night before sleep and in the morning before I put on some lip products and my lips don't get chapped all day long. It smells really soft and sweet like honey. I just love everything about it! But if you have severely chapped lips this might not be enough for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by natalieraylee

The nivea milk and honey lip balm smells mostly like honey, and it does a good job of moisturizing the lips. I put in on before I sleep, and in my lips would be soft and moisturized when I wake up in the morning. The large cap is easy to take on and off, and unlike smaller caps, it won't easily roll off and get lost. I got mine for $2.20 at Target, and if I do purchase this again, I'll stick with the same brand. Nivea, but I'll get the Aloe Vera lip balm because the smell of honey can be too sweet for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Nataliegsno

This is my favorite lip balm ever. I've tried a lot of lip balms that provide little hydration and this hydrates my lips really well. It's a nice consistency and it isn't too thick on my lips. It lasts a while so I'm not constantly reapplying. I'm on my fourth tube of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually tried this in the La Bello version, which is the same as Nivea but the European version. I really like the packaging and smell of this, very cute. It isn't highly flavored though if that's what you are looking for. As much as I like how it looks, I don't find that this moisturizes my lips very well. I have REALLY chapped lips and thus far the only things that have actually healed my lips are the burt's bees mint balm, thick lip glosses and the new Nivea lip creams in the tin (which mind you have BHT which isn't a great ingredient). I find that anything with synthetic fragrances/flavors/saccharin in general are fun but not useful in the long run :/

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this underneath drying lip products and it stop my lips from peeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I love honey so I had to try this. I've had other nivea lip products in the past and loved them so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with this. I love it! The smell is slightly there and the yellow coloring of the balm is not too stiff or to soft. The cap clicks satisfyingly into place and is a common twist up balm. On my lips a few swipes is all I need and I'm left with a glossy hydrated pout. This ties with my eos balm for favorite chapstick but this one wins due to its smaller packaging versus the ball shape of eos. I want to try the tin ones out next