November 28, 2014 | 1185 users online

Lips - Nivea - A Kiss of Milk and Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the reviewer below me. This didn't do anything for my dry lips!! Once I exfoliate, it moisturizes well. I usually put this on while I do my makeup to prep my lips. The scent is pleasant, it's not waxy, and it's comfortable on my lips. I think I would repurchase but only if it was on sale. This stuff can get pretty expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this balm first without exfoliation. The balm stays on my lips but it did not moisturize very well. Then I exfoliated my lips today, and they feel amazing. That's the things with these balms, I'm finding the work wonders on new skin, but they do nothing on dry/dead skin. I use this during the day and the Kiss of Vanilla and Macadamia at night, the thickness of that works well at night and primes the lips for exfoliation and a balm. I hope this helps, for this balm is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had an allergic reaction to this product. Every time I use this, I get painful cuts on the inner corners of mouth. But take away that reaction and I enjoyed this lip balm. It was moisturizing and tasted delicious. If you get those painful cuts, it might be from this product. No other Nivea product gave me this reaction though. Just this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

My all time favorite lip balm is the Nuxe Reve' de Miel, but it comes in a heavy glass jar, so it's not the best or most hygenic to carry on-the-go.

I have been on a hunt for a chapstick version of that lip balm, and I have finally found it! I actually think this Nivea Milk and Honey, is very similar! They both contain honey (must be the magic ingredient, haha), they're yellow (probably doesn't matter, but well..) and they smell amazing! This lipbalm nourishes the lips really well, and makes them smooth and soft.

New favorite of mine, I would def. buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I wanted this to work so badly. I was addicted to the scent and the feel of this balm, and the sleek packaging was also a plus. Although the balm felt wonderful, the feeling only lasted me 15 minutes, tops. And to top off my disappointment, I developed and allergic reaction to this, redness and hives all around my mouth area. I had to discontinue use. :( wish it worked, but I sadly can't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I keep buying this lip balm over and over again. It leaves my lips so soft and moist but not sticky. Lip color glides right over it. Chapped lips are a thing of the past. It's a little more expensive than chapstick but so worth it. I keep one in my purse and one by my bed. The best thing about this is I don't have to keep reapplying it all the time. When I would use Carmex or Blistex I would get this sort of rebound effect where my lips would just seem to get more and more chapped as I used the product. This doesn't happen with the Nivea Kiss of Milk & Honey. I haven't tried any of the other Nivea lip products, so I can't really attest to their effectiveness, but this one is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Alyseh

I was excited to try this Nivea product out, I seen it and I thought it would be a great little lip balm to keep in my school bag. It is a nice product when first applying to the lips but it doesn't seem to stay on the lips for a long time, for me personally I don't feel like like it gives much moisture which is kind of disappointing because I was so keen to try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by xsoph

My lips are very sensitive. I think I'm allergic to some ingredients used in other products such as burts bee's, Chapstick, blistex, baby lips etc. my lips go all red and inflamed and bumps start to come up. So the packaging says that it's made of natural ingredients and is 100% preservative free I thought I might give this a try and I can say this works very well. I've been using my EOS lipbalm in mint for a while but it's so bulky, it's so inconvenient to bring around with me. The balm doesn't feel sticky or slimy which is good! The smell is kinda funky though, it's smells like saturated sweet cereal. The price is kinda meh, I bought it at Priceline on sale for $5. Overall, it keeps my lips from chapping and i don't get an allergic reaction

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Not a fan of this balm, at all. Mostly because it doesn't fulfill the intended purpose of moisturizing the lips. It just applies a film of wax on the lips and smells of artificial honey. If your lips are really dry or cracked this will do nothing. Otherwise, you will get greasy feeling lips.

I really love honey. But in comparison to other honey body care products, it's just semi sweet. No color deposit. And I felt bad that I actually paid $3 for this tube. There isn't that much product, or maybe I feel this way because the balm stick fell out of the tube early on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is okay. It's a balm formula on the drier side, so it doesn't really add a hint of shine or feel liquidy on lips. The moisturizing effect seems to wear off as soon as the balm does too, unfortunately.

The sickly yellow color of the balm itself turned me off at first (and yellow is my favorite color!) but I got over that quickly. I generally love milk & honey scents and bought this for that reason. I was hoping for a stronger flavor, but this one is very subtle - barely there at all. It's just a hint of mild sweetness.

No color deposit/payoff on lips to this, but it doesn't create a white line or come off in a gross way, which is always good. $3 at Ulta. Overall, it's fine, but it's not my favorite.