February 27, 2015 | 1839 users online

Lips - Nivea - A Kiss of Milk and Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ravenking

Smells lovely and moisturizes well. It's no miracle product though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2015 5:48:00 AM More reviews by carrajay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Usually I purchase Nivea Essential Care lipbalm (the one in the blue tube) but I saw that there were variations and I thought I'd try this one out. It's not as moisturising as Essential Care but still does a relatively good job. The scent of honey and milk is initially really lovely, but can sometimes fade to a strange smell after a while - I'm not quite sure how to describe it. This only happens sometimes though, so it's not much of a problem for me. I don't love it as much as I love Essential Care but I perhaps would repurchase for the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 3:09:00 AM More reviews by mimislamb

I liked this lip balm. I love anything milk and honey and it did a decent job of moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Binney

Good lip balms are hard to find. Most leave you worse than before, with your lips crying for more and more product and not at all healed or moisturized. I have been loyal to nivea's a kiss of smoothness for ever now, and strayed to this one. I was honestly shocked that this did so poorly and did nothing good for me. If you're looking for a good Nivea chap stick, go for the blue kiss of smoothness. It will heal your chapped lips over night and kip your lips in top shape unlike this one. Not a good one Nivea.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by two_star_hotel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's been a while since I have given a lip product 5 lippies, but I love this product! This was my first Nivea product, and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. Sure, their lip balms usually have great reviews, but a lot of people love eos, too, and I could do without those. Let's start with the fragrance. Even though many products that are slapped with a "milk & honey" label never SMELL like milk & honey, I generally love their fragrance. The same goes for Nivea's A Kiss of Milk & Honey. It smells like a sweet, pollen-y, slightly honey, warm fragrance. If you have ever used Softsoap's Milk & Honey hand soap, they smell very similar. When I first applied the balm, I wasn't impressed. It seemed thin and too soft - like it would just disappear in five seconds and couldn't possibly do any good in that time. I reapplied often, unsure if I was doing so because I loved the fragrance of the balm so much or if I was doing so because the texture was so barely-there. And then I caught a glance in the mirror. My lips looked so baby soft and healthy! Despite the balm being sunflower yellow in the tube, my lips showed no sign of a yellow tint, no unnatural shine, nothing. Just soft, plush, and healthy. There's .17 oz of balm in the tube - slightly more than your usual .14-.15 oz balms - and the tube is wider than average. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, as well as try other Nivea lip products! My only complaints about this are that sometimes, when you're applying balm, you need to hold the tube and the base at the same time, because the balm will twist back down into the tube. I also wish it were easier to find. I found mine at a checkout in Walmart, but had to search down several lanes to find it. It's not at every Walmart, and it wasn't at my old Ulta. I recently moved and am hoping to find it at the Ulta that's near me now (I already checked the local Walmart, no dice.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ameliah13402

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for this product for some time and I finally found it and boy i LOVE IT!!! It really smooths and moisturizes my skin. I love the delicate scent as well. I would defiantly buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the reviewer below me. This didn't do anything for my dry lips!! Once I exfoliate, it moisturizes well. I usually put this on while I do my makeup to prep my lips. The scent is pleasant, it's not waxy, and it's comfortable on my lips. I think I would repurchase but only if it was on sale. This stuff can get pretty expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this balm first without exfoliation. The balm stays on my lips but it did not moisturize very well. Then I exfoliated my lips today, and they feel amazing. That's the things with these balms, I'm finding the work wonders on new skin, but they do nothing on dry/dead skin. I use this during the day and the Kiss of Vanilla and Macadamia at night, the thickness of that works well at night and primes the lips for exfoliation and a balm. I hope this helps, for this balm is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had an allergic reaction to this product. Every time I use this, I get painful cuts on the inner corners of mouth. But take away that reaction and I enjoyed this lip balm. It was moisturizing and tasted delicious. If you get those painful cuts, it might be from this product. No other Nivea product gave me this reaction though. Just this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

My all time favorite lip balm is the Nuxe Reve' de Miel, but it comes in a heavy glass jar, so it's not the best or most hygenic to carry on-the-go.

I have been on a hunt for a chapstick version of that lip balm, and I have finally found it! I actually think this Nivea Milk and Honey, is very similar! They both contain honey (must be the magic ingredient, haha), they're yellow (probably doesn't matter, but well..) and they smell amazing! This lipbalm nourishes the lips really well, and makes them smooth and soft.

New favorite of mine, I would def. buy again!