December 19, 2014 | 1561 users online

Highlighters - Physicians Formula - Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by purvisme2

This is perfect when applied with a fan brush. I have a lot of acne scarring, so my full coverage foundation routine takes a lot of dimension from my face. When I use this (every day, now!) I get compliments on my skin. That literally NEVER happened before. It looks like natural glow. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product, for me anyhow. My skin tends to be a bit dry, and I typically avoid powders. This product, when used over moisturizer or TM, was minimally offensive in terms of settling into wrinkles or accentuating dry spots/pores.
The uber shimmer you see initially disappears after the first use, it's just a light coating over top of the product. I use this as both a blush and highlighter, depending.

PROS:
Leaves a subtle, sublime, pearlescent glow. A mature, dewey finish perfect for those who aren't trying to 'shimmer'.
No discernible particles of glitter. I detest glitter. I have no idea how some folks are feeling like this product is mostly glitter. Baffles me as it's just not been the case for me?
Looks great on bare skin or over a base.
Does not deposit color, in spite of being just a tiny bit pink-hued.
Price is very good, I paid 12.67 USD at Walmart, which when compared to high end products is a bargain. I'm betting this compact lasts me a year.

CONS:
The compact itself is hideous to me. It looks cheap and very tween. It's way too bulky as it has the section to hold the brush that comes with it. I don't like the accent pearl either. I wish this came in a sleek, thin compact. As we all know, the included brush is terrible as per usual. I use my own brushes, and have found it's hard to pick up with a soft brush.
I don't find it to really even out skin tone, as it claims to do.
I also find that this lasts on me about 4-5 hours, so reapplication is necessary for longer wear.

Overall I just love it. I'm a minimalist when it comes to makeup, and this product fits that MO perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am slightly obsessed with Physicians Formula Translucent Pearls. I picked it up a few months ago after deciding to try adding a highlight to my repertoire and figuring that the affordable price point would mean it wouldn't be too much of a loss if I didn't care for it. Now I don't know how I lived without it. I don't feel like my makeup is finished until I've applied it.

I've heard a couple of people say before that it needs to be built up a bit, but I haven't noticed any real problems with it showing up on my skin or staying on all day. I still notice the glowing effect this gives my skin even at the end of a long day. The finish is amazing, really wearable for everyday but definitely noticeable. It's a great product if you prefer foundations with a more matte finish, as this will give you a bit of glow and subtle sheen (but not shimmer).

The packaging isn't awesome, but I don't really care about that, because I love the product. I feel like I haven't even really made a dent in mine after a few months, so I know it'll last me for awhile. At about $13, I think it's a great deal, and I'll definitely repurchase when I use mine up.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For quite some time I would see this product just sitting on the shelf at London Drugs and I'd be debating whether to buy it or not. So, I caved and forked over $20 CAN thinking that I'd be totally thrilled with my purchase. I sort of am, but it's just a highlighter.

The first layer of it caught me off guard because it's just a bunch of sparkles sitting there. Don't be alarmed by it. Once you get through the top layer, a pearlescent glowy sheen is left on your face once you apply it. It's quite pretty.

It highlights quite well, and considering it's my first highlighter, I think it does the job it claims it does. I gave it 3/5 lippies because I have oily/sensitive skin.

Since I have this type of skin, the highlighter just sits on my skin until it SEPERATES WITH THE OILS ON MY FACE. So then it just highlights my gaping pores the size of moon craters as well as start to get shiny on my face. So the oils and the highlighter do some intense teamwork and make my face look like a mirror (it's so shiny, I swear you can almost see your reflection).
Since my skin is also sensitive, I BROKE OUT AFTER USING THIS. I thought Physicians Formula was supposed to be a brand that didn't help break out those blessed with the terrors of sensitive skin. Anyway, I couldn't figure out why I was breaking out. Was I stressed? No. Was I eating super unhealthy? No. Did I forget to take my acne medication? No. Was I not drinking enough water? No. Then I decided to stop using that for a while. I don't know if my skin reacted that way because it's a product that I've never used before and my skin was all like "Hey now, what's this" and freaked out OR if I'm actually too sensitive to the product. I'm still using it because IT WAS $20 CANADIAN and I'm definitely getting my money's worth, but I will use this with caution and be EXTRA careful as to where I apply the product.

Overall, great pearly sheen and glow once applied. Great eyebrow highlighter. Pretty glow to the skin. If you have normal/dry skin, It would look really pretty on you :) As for my oily-skinned sisters, you can try (I do not control your life) but I hope that you'll have a better experience with it than I did. Definitely looking forward to trying better products from Physicians Formula :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my first and only highlighter and I really love it. I was looking for a nice one to buy and this one had some nice reviews on youtube so I thought I'd check it out. At almost $20 it's quite expensive for a drugstore product, but you do get a lot for your money. I've had mine for at least a year and I've barely used any product and I use this quite often. This shade is perfect if you have fair skin like myself. It gives the most beautiful glow, especially to your cheekbones. Highlighter isn't a necessary part of my makeup routine, so I wouldn't be completely devastated if it ran out. But I will continue to purchase this when I look for a highlighter for sure. It lasts all day over my foundation and it's definitely worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Girl meets pearl! Yes I really did buy this highlighter because of the pearl in the lid - I thought it was so pretty, actually I'm still quite taken by it :)

This is a great subtle highlighter, I think it does come with some sort of shimmery layer on the top but I have had it that long I can hardly remember, I love the look of this on my NC15 skin and usually only use as a cheekbone highlight. I do find I need to layer this a couple of times to get the gleamy effect - compared to something like Mary-Lou or Mac S&G where less is more.

Love the packaging though its bulkier than it needs to be as doubtful anyone would want to use the brush supplied in the second compartment. You get plenty of product so can see this lasting for ages, and it was cheap - I bought mine from iherb.com where they seem to have quite a good range of PF products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a really nice highlighter and didn't feel like spending the money on Nars, so then I found PF products and was excited because they had a lot of nice-looking highlighters. I settled on the beige pearl for my NC25 skin because it was one of two colors labeled "for medium skin" and it's a really nice color. It gives a hint of shimmer without being over the top. I just put it on my cheekbones and a little bit down the bridge of my nose. I wouldn't really describe the color as golden or silvery- it's really more of a champagne color. Looks really nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Oh self, when will you ever learn?

Yet another highly raved about product on YT that I just absolutely hate. Like others have said, this is not a highlighter, it's straight-up pressed glitter. I thought it was just an overspray, but no.

Good thing I only paid a few bucks for this because it's that bad. Might be able to repurpose as eyeshadow, but even then I don't want to deal with the glitter sticking to my contacts.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by NerveOfMe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glitter Ball! I'm much more subtle than this, and would never use it. I'm returning it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Physicians Formula have such beautiful packaging that really sucks you in. Unfortunately that's where the pro's for this product stop.
This product is basically just glitter. There's no pearlescent sheen, unless you rub you finger really hard in the formula, but when you transfer it onto a section of clean skin, all that remains is chalky glitter. The colour payoff if terrible.
The brush it comes with is useless, the bristles fall out. To be honest i'd rather noting all all if i'm going to get such a poorly manufactured brush.
What's worse is that this product retails for $30 here in Australia - robbery!