July 24, 2014 | 1247 users online

Highlighters - Physicians Formula - Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my first and only highlighter and I really love it. I was looking for a nice one to buy and this one had some nice reviews on youtube so I thought I'd check it out. At almost $20 it's quite expensive for a drugstore product, but you do get a lot for your money. I've had mine for at least a year and I've barely used any product and I use this quite often. This shade is perfect if you have fair skin like myself. It gives the most beautiful glow, especially to your cheekbones. Highlighter isn't a necessary part of my makeup routine, so I wouldn't be completely devastated if it ran out. But I will continue to purchase this when I look for a highlighter for sure. It lasts all day over my foundation and it's definitely worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Girl meets pearl! Yes I really did buy this highlighter because of the pearl in the lid - I thought it was so pretty, actually I'm still quite taken by it :)

This is a great subtle highlighter, I think it does come with some sort of shimmery layer on the top but I have had it that long I can hardly remember, I love the look of this on my NC15 skin and usually only use as a cheekbone highlight. I do find I need to layer this a couple of times to get the gleamy effect - compared to something like Mary-Lou or Mac S&G where less is more.

Love the packaging though its bulkier than it needs to be as doubtful anyone would want to use the brush supplied in the second compartment. You get plenty of product so can see this lasting for ages, and it was cheap - I bought mine from iherb.com where they seem to have quite a good range of PF products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a really nice highlighter and didn't feel like spending the money on Nars, so then I found PF products and was excited because they had a lot of nice-looking highlighters. I settled on the beige pearl for my NC25 skin because it was one of two colors labeled "for medium skin" and it's a really nice color. It gives a hint of shimmer without being over the top. I just put it on my cheekbones and a little bit down the bridge of my nose. I wouldn't really describe the color as golden or silvery- it's really more of a champagne color. Looks really nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Oh self, when will you ever learn?

Yet another highly raved about product on YT that I just absolutely hate. Like others have said, this is not a highlighter, it's straight-up pressed glitter. I thought it was just an overspray, but no.

Good thing I only paid a few bucks for this because it's that bad. Might be able to repurpose as eyeshadow, but even then I don't want to deal with the glitter sticking to my contacts.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by NerveOfMe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glitter Ball! I'm much more subtle than this, and would never use it. I'm returning it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Physicians Formula have such beautiful packaging that really sucks you in. Unfortunately that's where the pro's for this product stop.
This product is basically just glitter. There's no pearlescent sheen, unless you rub you finger really hard in the formula, but when you transfer it onto a section of clean skin, all that remains is chalky glitter. The colour payoff if terrible.
The brush it comes with is useless, the bristles fall out. To be honest i'd rather noting all all if i'm going to get such a poorly manufactured brush.
What's worse is that this product retails for $30 here in Australia - robbery!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. I decided to try it because I wanted to highlight my features and bring them out and also because physicians formula is one of my favorite drug store brands. Right when I applied the highlighter it instantly brought out my features and made my skin glow. I didn't look oily at all! It's the perfect amount of highlight, it feels so light on my skin and gives the performance of a MAC product. it's a bit pricey for a drugstore brand, but nonetheless worth it and lasts for such a long time! It makes my skin look beautiful. Especially in pictures !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Decided to do some reviews on my go-to products today, and this is one for sure! I have severe melasma, which takes full coverage makeup to correct (cant seem to cover completely without gross cakes face) so highlighting is a step I can't skip. I threw away the brush that came with this, I just use one of my Ecotools brushes instead. It gives a nice, not too glittery glow, and lasts all day. These compacts are a bit pricey for a drugstore brand, but they product really lasts a long time, so it is a great value. I already keep a backup of this handy, and will repurchase over and over!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

I bought this a week ago because I heard good things about this :) It is my first highlighter.

Pros
-Good pigmentation
-Looks natural MOST of the time
-Great job for highlighting
-Good packaging (comes with miror and brush)

Cons
-It can be too shimmery on certain lights...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Pekepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best highlighter I've found for fair skin. I look so radiant without the added pinks or orange tones. So happy for this product!