Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

on 8/23/2015 4:24:00 AM

I got this in translucent. I like that it doesn't really have a color, so it goes good with fair to medium skin. I like that there's not too much pink in it. There is a lot of shimmer but I heard it's only the first layer that has that much. Also the shimmer is fine not big. It gives off a great glow. It really does look like a pearly luminous finish. You don't need much at all. It blends well, has a nice texture. There products are great and I'm so glad they sell them in drugstores, but they are wayyy over priced for drugstore products.

on 8/12/2015 12:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really great hidden gem highlighter. Like many others have said, the top layer is a bit much but once you get past that, the remaining powder is very finely milled shimmer. Its subtle, and does a beautiful job highlighting cheekbones, inner eyes , etc , without being "too much". I always get compliments on my glowing skin when I remember to use this :) Definitely recommend as a nice dupe to some of the more expensive, department store highlighters.

on 7/16/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was said to be a dupe of Hourglass Ambient Light powder. I can report that it makes my skin look younger and there is no noticeable glitter or shimmer. It just improves the look of my face. I use it all over as a finishing powder. It looks natural, but better. I've been using highlighter and contour for some time now, and I was happy with them, but this adds another dimension even used on top of whatever makeup you put on. Highlighters can be overdone, but this can't. It looks like you are naturally vibrant and healthy. It's something about the way it catches the light. It's subtle and no matter how much I put on it does not look overdone.

Update: I did buy the Hourglass product after this one because I thought I still wanted it, and I realized after 2 days of comparing them that it is not even necessary. I can't tell the difference in photos. So I decided to return the Hourglass product.

on 7/13/2015 5:42:00 AM

This is an excellent drugstore highlighter!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is an awesome drugstore highlighter! I think for the price, you get a good deal of product, and it will last a good 5-6 hours when set with a setting spray. I find that this does not cling to my foundation and look weird, it really gives off a beautiful natural looking glow. It is very buildable, and can be quite difficult to get on the brush. I don't think this is compareable to mary loumanizer by any means, but if you're looking for a nice drugstore highlight, this will be great for you!

I was originally hoping to purchase the Revlon Photoready Skinlights, but my Target was not carrying it so I decided to try this instead.

I was originally disappointed by the glittery particles in the first layer (this was what I wanted to avoid with Revlon), but once you brush past it the powder is actually very nice and shimmery. I really enjoy the product and its beautiful in the inner eye corners, as well. I will still purchase the Revlon product because I was looking for something more dewey for more casual day time makeup, but the glow pearls are great for more polished looks.

The packaging was a little bulky, the brush is terrible, and I'm not crazy about the pop open button, but the mirror is useful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG highlighter! I was searching for a dupe for Mac's mineralized skinfinish in Lightscapade, and my friend recommended this as a much cheaper version. I picked it up for 18 dollars CAN at Wal-Mart and put it on as soon as I got home. First off, the packaging is lovely! So cute and beautiful. Secondly, the shimmer is perfect for a beautiful glow when light hits your cheeks, nose and cupid's bow. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks now just to make sure it passes my "I'm not sick of it" test, and I still love it! I've actually had people ask me if I've changed my diet because my skin looks younger and more glowy. It's a keeper forever!

on 3/18/2015 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

It has a lot of product, it looks good on the skin and its pigmented so I think its worth the price. You can either wear it as a highlighter or before using your powder blush to make your powder blush easier to blend.

on 2/8/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

A perfect highlighter - a very fine translucent shimmer. Looks absolutely flawless and beautiful. It is great for my pale skin, so many highlighters out there are too dark for me, but not this! Depending on where you buy it, it will run you about 15-20 dollars Canadian.

on 1/24/2015 10:40:00 AM

Expensive for drugstore. Not natural whatsoever. Get this if you want to look like you're wearing glitter on your face.