Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

on 7/16/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was said to be a dupe of Hourglass Ambient Light powder. I can report that it makes my skin look younger and there is no noticeable glitter or shimmer. It just improves the look of my face. I use it all over as a finishing powder. It looks natural, but better. I've been using highlighter and contour for some time now, and I was happy with them, but this adds another dimension even used on top of whatever makeup you put on. Highlighters can be overdone, but this can't. It looks like you are naturally vibrant and healthy. It's something about the way it catches the light. It's subtle and no matter how much I put on it does not look overdone.

Update: I did buy the Hourglass product after this one because I thought I still wanted it, and I realized after 2 days of comparing them that it is not even necessary. I can't tell the difference in photos. So I decided to return the Hourglass product.

on 7/13/2015 5:42:00 AM

This is an excellent drugstore highlighter!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is an awesome drugstore highlighter! I think for the price, you get a good deal of product, and it will last a good 5-6 hours when set with a setting spray. I find that this does not cling to my foundation and look weird, it really gives off a beautiful natural looking glow. It is very buildable, and can be quite difficult to get on the brush. I don't think this is compareable to mary loumanizer by any means, but if you're looking for a nice drugstore highlight, this will be great for you!

I was originally hoping to purchase the Revlon Photoready Skinlights, but my Target was not carrying it so I decided to try this instead.

I was originally disappointed by the glittery particles in the first layer (this was what I wanted to avoid with Revlon), but once you brush past it the powder is actually very nice and shimmery. I really enjoy the product and its beautiful in the inner eye corners, as well. I will still purchase the Revlon product because I was looking for something more dewey for more casual day time makeup, but the glow pearls are great for more polished looks.

The packaging was a little bulky, the brush is terrible, and I'm not crazy about the pop open button, but the mirror is useful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG highlighter! I was searching for a dupe for Mac's mineralized skinfinish in Lightscapade, and my friend recommended this as a much cheaper version. I picked it up for 18 dollars CAN at Wal-Mart and put it on as soon as I got home. First off, the packaging is lovely! So cute and beautiful. Secondly, the shimmer is perfect for a beautiful glow when light hits your cheeks, nose and cupid's bow. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks now just to make sure it passes my "I'm not sick of it" test, and I still love it! I've actually had people ask me if I've changed my diet because my skin looks younger and more glowy. It's a keeper forever!

on 3/18/2015 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

It has a lot of product, it looks good on the skin and its pigmented so I think its worth the price. You can either wear it as a highlighter or before using your powder blush to make your powder blush easier to blend.

on 2/8/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

A perfect highlighter - a very fine translucent shimmer. Looks absolutely flawless and beautiful. It is great for my pale skin, so many highlighters out there are too dark for me, but not this! Depending on where you buy it, it will run you about 15-20 dollars Canadian.

on 1/24/2015 10:40:00 AM

Expensive for drugstore. Not natural whatsoever. Get this if you want to look like you're wearing glitter on your face.

on 1/12/2015 8:45:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I will say, that you need to use the brush to get the top layer off before you use this. For whatever reason, the top layer is full of thick, chunky looking glitter - not flattering. After that, you'll find it's a very finely milled shimmery powder perfect for highlighting. I even use it on my eyes! I use this over the Mineral Wear Talc-Free pressed powder and it looks gorgeous and natural. I cannot recommend this enough! I thought it would be too much when I first tried it just because of that darn top layer, but seriously, scrape that shit off and try it again - you won't regret it!

on 12/6/2014 8:46:00 AM

This is perfect when applied with a fan brush. I have a lot of acne scarring, so my full coverage foundation routine takes a lot of dimension from my face. When I use this (every day, now!) I get compliments on my skin. That literally NEVER happened before. It looks like natural glow. :)