Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I threw it out. Does not show up and I'm a tan girl. Theres a new loreal powder one thats way better. This had no pigment payoff

I returned my Becca highlighter because I felt like it was not worth the money and I could find something better at the drugstore. So I tried this one instead. This did not replace it. It's bad. I bought it because of the packaging, which is my first sin here. It does not show up on my face at all, and I'm somewhat fair. Stay away, y'all.

Since my last birthday, I've had to change a great deal of my makeup routine. Aging skin will force you out of your comfort zone, I have found. So, as I've been revamping things the last few months, I looked into utilizing a new pressed powder that wouldn't accentuate lines and wrinkles around my eyes. My eyes are one of my best features, and though I like to draw attention to them, I want it to be positive attention!

Enter this product, which I spotted at my local Walgreen's. I knew I didn't want to get back into a "flesh-tone" product, but needed something lightweight, sheer and still able to set my makeup nicely. I purchased this on a whim because it was translucent (no color) and it looked as though it would 'soften' the few lines I do have. It was a blind buy-and one of the best I've ever made.

I've used PF products in the past (I am a die-hard user of their concealers, as they are one of the few brands that don't break me out in my already sensitive red areas) but never a powder. The quality of the product is excellent-a finely milled pressed powder that is fragrance-free and has little fallout when applied with a good quality powder brush. (The reason this product didn't get 5 lippies from me is because of the ridiculous brush included in the packet-poor quality and nowhere near what I needed for the type of application I was going for). The shimmer on the top layer of the powder is VERY frosty, but as you go deeper into the compact you will find it becomes more subtle and less shiny on your face.

I don't use this solely as a highlighter, but also as a setting powder atop my foundation. When I don't use it, I always get asked, "Are you feeling tired today?" That should tell you the effect this product imparts to the face: it brightens, scatters the light in a very flattering way over the bone structure of the face and also helps to tone down uneven areas. When using as a highlighter I target it in and use a smaller, more precise brush. However, I don't really highlight much, because the over-all effect of this is a wonderful enhancement to my makeup. It's my face, just better.

I would recommend this to older women who might have a few oily spots on their face which give them problems, but this probably wouldn't work well for a person with very oily skin-it wouldn't mattify the way you'd want it to, as it does have a sheen and glimmer to it.

All in all, I'm so happy with this I added it to my Subscribe and Save on Amazon where I can get this for just over $8 plus taxes (which is less than my local Rx can sell it for). I am going on four months with this compact and am going to have to order one next month. I use it daily, so to me that's a darn good deal.

This is very subtle IMO. To be honest the first time I used it I didn't notice it at all on my face (I was sure to wipe of the shimmery top layer first). However, when I got to work that day a friend/co-worker asked me right away what I did differently with my make-up...she swore I looked younger, fresher and more polished. I told her to shut up and stop staring at me. Ha. So...although I don't find highlighters an absolute necessity in the first place-as a pale girl-this may be worth the extra effort. It is not chalky as I usually find PF powders to be...not drying...not obvious-on me at least....and not tacky/sparkly. A keeper?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this stuff. I'm kind of a glow junkie and don't shy away from shimmer, but appearances are deceiving with this one. It is much more subtle than any of my liquid or cream highlighters, including my HE ones. It really just makes you look lit from within--like you have the most fabulous, luminous skin.

I apply this liberally with the E.L.F. studio complexion brush--sweeping up my cheekbones to my temples, and then dabbing a bit on the apples of my cheeks, above my eyebrows, and on my chin. Using this with a good primer really works to obscure/blur away any flaws.

I can wear either NC or NW 15 in MAC, but I can see this working for a lot of different skin tones.

It's good but I have to apply at least 3 layers for it to appear.

It's subtle though, like a natural glow without appearing too oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this a month or two ago and was wary of the finish, because it's initially a glitter bomb. But brush off that overspray and it's utterly gorgeous. I think this is my favourite highlighter among all I've tried, on par for me with Hourglass ambient lighting powders. It's subtle but gorgeous. This won't do it for you if you're looking for shimmer, but it imparts what looks like a subtle, dewy sheen. You look moisturised and more youthful (seriously). I use this all over the face--forehead, cheeks, nose, eyelids, inner corner of eyes, Cupid's bow, chin and everywhere in between. I like it so much that I bought three more because there was a 40% off PF sale this week at Shoppers Drug Mart. Such a great product.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wish I could return this stuff.

I am very, very fair. I saw this in the store and thought it would be a perfect highlight for me. Well, it wasn't. I notice other people saying the overspray made it a bit too shimmery for them, but I couldn't even see it on my face. I had to cake it on before I would see anything, and even then it would only be a slight glow on my face.

I will say that their packaging is nice. For this, it was not only cute but I also loved the compartment for the brush. Very functional yet pretty. It really was only the product that bothered me.

Basically, if you're very fair like me, don't bother with this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I never buy Physicians Formula products bc they're just so visually unappealing, then I got
sucked in by this pinkish pearl powder highlighter--perfect color I was looking for. Not a fan of the yellow or gold-toned ones on my skintone.

It was amazing for the first use, resembled a powder version of NARS Copacabana. Blended nicely to give great highlighting.

Then instead of it being pinkish pearl all the way down, it started to look like an earth-toned mottled bunch of colors. WTF. I emailed them, asked if I got a bad one, and they said the intial appearance was an overspray. OVERSPRAY?? You mean to tell me that the color I see in Target, the color I'm basing my entire purchase on is not THE color? Fck you, Physicians Formula. Enjoy your $15, you aholes.

That is deceptive, no two ways about it. My first and last foray into your products. Also, the packaging is so bulky, I wouldn't want to travel with it.

I got this in translucent. I like that it doesn't really have a color, so it goes good with fair to medium skin. I like that there's not too much pink in it. There is a lot of shimmer but I heard it's only the first layer that has that much. Also the shimmer is fine not big. It gives off a great glow. It really does look like a pearly luminous finish. You don't need much at all. It blends well, has a nice texture. There products are great and I'm so glad they sell them in drugstores, but they are wayyy over priced for drugstore products.