December 21, 2014 | 953 users online

Masks - Philosophy - The Microdelivery Purifying Peel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by KaiteKins

This peel isn't terrible but its not omg i gotta get a new tube when this runs out. I find to be a milder version of the microdelivery peel 2 step. It soften my skin slightly but now as much as other peels have. If you find the original peel tp much then this will be perfect but for me I may try the oxygen peel next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I'm used to doing regular AHA peels on myself, but never used an enzyme peel before. This one has AHAs/BHAs/Enzymes to brighten and decongest your skin. It has a subtle tingle to it, the instructions said to leave on for 1-3 minutes. I left it on for about 8 minutes, my skin can tolerate peels well. It left my skin as it promises, bright and clear! It looked even better after 2 days. Its a nice way to keep the clogs away and not dry out my skin at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was very disappointed by this product. I purchased it because my skin has a tendency to look dull and "chunky" for lack of better words. I use some pretty harsh products to keep my acne at bay, which eventually results in dry skin and dead cell build-up. I manually exfoliate a lot, but sometimes you just want that smoothness that comes from chemical exfoliation, that brightness. That look where your skin glows & your make-up goes on smooth. This product did not do any of these things. I cleansed & then applied, and waited. No tingle, nothing. I left it on a little longer than the directions indicated and then took it off. My skin really didn't look any different and my make-up certainly didn't go on any smoother. My skin didn't look bright or dewy. I was completely disappointed, especially considering the cost. I have had much better luck with my manual exfoliating products, and with Aloette Enzyme Peel (that stuff is crazy amazing). I tried the Philosophy product about 3 times, and after still no luck, gave it to my sister.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Some background info:
Had bad ance as a teenager tried everything then got put on antibiotics and differin. Almost twenty can't afford differin and my skin has been terrible cystic acne and a breakout from the terrible murad acne kit.
Feeling desperate I exchanged the murad junk for this and tried it last night.
First impression is that for 45 dollars it's a small tube and the gel is hard to apply on your face. Applied it and waited three minutes and didn't feel a tingle. Took it off with a warm wash cloth and my skin felt SO SMOOTH. Woke up the next morning with my skin still feeling smooth and the inflammation and redness from my acne very noticeably better and one of my big pimples was completely gone! Very impressed that it did this in three minutes on the first use. I'm not sure how often to use it as it doesn't specify on the packaging but an overall good product didn't break me out and left my skin feeling amazing! If I have any adverse reactions I'll update my post but so far so good :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin has been looking dull & I went into Sephora to look around & see what I might try The SA listened to what I was needing for my skin & immediately recommended this enzyme peel. I love it! It is a gel texture, but it's hard to keep ahold of to get it on your face. You have to get a good amount out of the tube & get it right onto your face & spread it around. If you try to do small amounts at a time it gets messy.
I do get a tingle when I put it on (which I enjoy). It says to leave it on for 1-3 minutes so I leave it on for about 10 minutes. My skin looks so much healthier since using this. Smooth & soft. My makeup looks soooo much nicer when I put it on after using this.
I have combo/oily/old skin. Every other thing that I try breaks me out, especailly anti aging products, so it's frustrating to find products to add into my skincare when it needs a change.
The Purifying Peel is awesome for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This peel leaves my skin soft and smooth. The burn is definitely present, but if you leave it on for a few minutes (three tops) then it will produce amazing results. My skin clears up and I notice smaller pores, less blackheads, and a general glowing appearance than with other peels.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by babygirl95

I have a small sample of this product and so far I like it. I have used it twice now and I have had great results. I like that it has gentle enzymes to eat away dead skin cells without causing irritation. My skin is very soft after I use this. The best part of this product is that both times I have used it I have had had a few pimples. I used this mask at night and in the morning, a couple of the pimples were GONE and others had decreased dramatically in size (they'll be gone by tomorrow). I'm not sure if it's worth the $40 price tag but I think good skin care costs money so I'm not opposed to purchasing it when I run out of my other things. I like that this mask can be done in one minute. I would love to start doing masks before bed but I'm usually too sleepy. The fact that this mask only takes a minute is pretty cool. I'm going to take a point off for price though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by violetlite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, drat. I wanted to like this because I am a fan of enzyme exfoliation (as opposed to scrubs.) The other reviews are right about the gentleness- i gave it points for that- and for leaving skin soft and smooth right after use. The problems start a couple of days after use, when I get a bunch of little clogged pores and blemishes. Is this the fabled 'purging?' Don't really care- i don't want to keep doing it to find out, and there are gentle enzyme masks that seem both more effective and don't cause breakouts on me (like PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Peel.)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by bluedog0610

I bought this from Sephora about 2 weeks ago and have used it maybe 4 times. There is no burning when you put it on, which made me wonder if it was doing anything. It is a bit tough to get completely off at the end of the 3 minutes that you wear it. However, it does make the skin very smooth, so it must be doing something.

I guess this overall only 2 lippies because I am suspicious that this is breaking me out. I mean, in the past week I have probably half a dozen really nice ones. It could be this product, a sample of Murad lotion, or maybe I am just "purging" as they say. I will cut out the lotion and update my review if the pimples stop.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by yelloweyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this as an intro to peels and a safe mask/peel to use weekly if you are looking for something to clean out your skin without being afraid of harming your skin... It is definitely something I will use every saturday as it does make my skin look brighter and more polished. I am using it with the microdelivery exfoliating wash that I like too :) I have not tried the MUAC peels yet- even when I do, I will still use this as a weekly...