October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Fragrances - Jesus Del Pozo - Halloween

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

i remember this scent since late 1990s-back then the 'ozonic' smell of it was such a novelty! also, because there was no way i could financially afford it back then, i kept a sentimental memory of this scent for years. eventually, i decided to get a tiny tester and see how it works on me...

first impression-fresh, very fresh! then, the floral notes kicks in and that's when i start feeling that it is a 'blond' scent and, therefore, doesn't work on me (dark hair, dark eyes):)

still, if i look at it more or less objectively, i still like it, perhaps dare say like it a lot, just can't imagine myself wearing it...

must admit, I am quite surprised why it is called Halloween-the name implies something deeper, darker, heavier... while this one is pure freshness, youth, joviality...:)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by NumberSixBiitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like green bananas, it's very bland and weird. I don't feel particularly feminine wearing this- but I keep coming back to it and I don't know why.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by NeonBiitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the bottle's simplicity but wish it were a skull or something- WHY IS THIS NAMED "HALLOWEEN"?! The only scents I can tell are aquatic violet, with a bunch of other stuff like unripe banana peels? I DUNNO. Nothing I've ever smelt before!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my favorite for years and all other perfumes I have tried to love have failed. Nothing like this. This is perfect. It makes me feel happier and at same time, has a calming effect on me, reminding something of zen-like. The staying power is not the best, but this is a EDT and not EDP. I wish it came as a EDP as well but it's not possible with airy and floral scents I've understood, but oh well. I don't mind re-applying during the day as it has an aromatherapeutic effect on me, giving me an instant mood lift!

The packaging is simple and classic, which is always better than some weird artsy bottles and bottles with huge corks that fly all over the place. Seriously. I like it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by broadwaykoala

Yes, it's a floral, but all I get is a sickly sweet smell... Headache inducing. It's not terrible, but it's not a very pleasant scent for me; I received a bottle a couple of years ago and decided to give it a go. The odd thing is, I received compliments on the rare occasion I decided to wear it. I ended up giving it away to a friend and still cringe whenever I smell it on anyone, so it's definitely not a body chemistry issue. I like the concept and bottle though, and others seem to enjoy it, so i'll give it a lippie for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

This perfume is okay. I bought a sample size of the perfume because I liked it but didn't know if I liked it enough to splurge on a big bottle. This fragrance is flowery and pretty, and a light scent. It sort of reminds me of my Eclat D'Arpege...maybe also because they are both purple. But I like Eclat D'Arpege more. This is pretty and light, but not one I would probably repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that there aren't any aquatic notes listed in this perfume because all my nose can pick up on is a salty oceanic smell. It's a bizarre mishmash of tart saltiness and odd buttery tuberose. I tried this on a day where there are a flurry of snowflakes outside my window, and it feels very out of place. I'd say this is most definitely a Spring or Summer fragrance. Like the reviewer below, I agree that this is NOT mysterious or dark, I think that the name Halloween evokes this supernatural image in people's minds. The dry down is certainly better than the initial whiff of strong saltwater. I'm going to have to give this scent another go when the weather warms up a bit before I decide if I actually like it or not.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, how I wanted to love this. The notes sounded perfect, and I think the bottle is just the most adorable thing ever. Unfortunately, I don't get a watery floral at all, only about four hours of marzipan and candied violets. It find it far too sweet for a woman of my years. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by onenorahs

My favorite!! I would describe it as light and clean with a touch of floral. My daughter started using it as her signature and I dropped it so we both didn't have the same one. Now she's a Burberry fan and off at college, so I immediately made it my signature again. One of my coworkers always deeply breathes it in and exclaims ahhhhhhl whenever he's in the elevator with me :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Notes: violet, banana leaf, tuberose, pepper, magnolia, incense, vanilla, sandalwood, myrrh
This was a blind buy for me and I purchased a miny size to make sure I even liked this. What a mistake, I should have gotten a larger bottle! Wow, this is so lovely. I donít understand where is the ďaverage floralĒ that so many others are describing because this scent is nothing but average. Best way to classify this is an aquatic floral. Looking at the notes, I didnít think that this was anything to write home about but when I read some of the reviews online, one got me intrigued. Reviewer said that this fragrance is like walking through enchanted forest, at dusk, and smelling all the flowers and leaves. This is an excellent description of this scent. Instead of Halloween, it should have been called Twilight. I smell the watery flowers and leaves(no pepper though) and there is a little bit of incense on the drydown to give it a sort of a smoky feeling. I think this is a very unique scent and I havenít smelled anything to even remotely similar to it before. Lasting power is ok-this is not a loud scent so it will linger on your skin softly for several hours before gently fading away. I have to say that nothing whatsoever about this scent reminds me of Halloween-not the bottle, color or scent itself. Twilight or Fairy Dust(I think Paris Hilton has scent with this name, lol!) would have been entirely appropriate. Iím about to buy a bigger bottle because this scent is truly enchanting!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No