July 30, 2014 | 963 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Sephora Collection Professional Platinum Air Brush #55

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Enjoy a flawless application for years!

I've had this brush for a couple of years, and for a long time, it was one of my most loved tools. For the first year and a half, this brush delivered insanely perfect, natural and flawless application and made my skin glow with beautifulness! :D

For me, flawless and natural can be oxymorons, as I detest heavy "perfect" fake-looking coverage, but thought it was inevitable if I wanted a flawless finish.

Nope! This brush delivered... for the first year and a half.

Then one fateful day, I decided to give my brushes a thorough cleaning. :,(

Though I would lightly spray them with a splash of water and tissues, it would be very lightly for fear of ruining them. But over time, they collected stain and grime and I decided it was time and got a Sephora brush cleaner spray.

Mistake! I sprayed each brush about 5 times.... and they were never the same. Even after drying for a few days, they still look damp and the application can get streaky.

I grieve the most for my lovely $34 Sephora Air Brush #55.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Madysen08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is awesome!! I like it so much better than the paintbrush looking brushes that just slap makeup on my face and makeup sponges that absorb all my product. This brush blends and covers so nicely and I can use it for liquid foundation or powder. I can make less of my makeup go a longer way because I feel like the brush doesn't absorb that much of it. I got it for $36 at Sephora but it was worth every penny. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Suddzer

This brush was recommend to me by the sales rep. I absolutely LOVE it!!. Makes foundation look smooth and flawless. The trick is to hold towards the end of the brush and buff foundation in circular motions. I use MAC studio FIX.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by marj59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best brush I've ever used. I pump my MAC Pro Longwear foundation right onto the brush, dot it around my face and blend in using circular movements.....flawless finish every time....it is absolutely amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this brush. I use it to apply MUFE Face&Body and HD foundations. It does a great job of putting just the right amount on and giving me flawless coverage. Done with regular foundation brushes : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by missamerika82

Prior to this purchase, I was using the Essence of Beauty double tipped flat foundation brush. It was a basic foundation brush and it did the job.

This brush, on the other hand, makes my other brush look like like a slacker. It gives me a more even finish with a LOT less product than a plain flat foundation brush. If I had to estimate, I would say that I am using easily 25% less foundation per day than I was with the flat brush.

That's not to say that I'll never use my workhorse EOB brush again, because it will have it's uses..but my Sephora brush is my new favourite! How did I ever live without it?!?!?!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$34 for one brush.
I like to use it to apply liquid foundations such as MUFE mat velvet+. I don't like using it to apply foundations such as Nars sheer matte.
Sephora's description:
"What it is:
A liquid foundation applicator designed to achieve a flawless, airbrushed look.

What it does:
Sephora Brand Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55 is the secret to the smoothest foundation finish possible. This essential tool blends as it applies, allowing for a smooth, natural-looking result. Build from light to heavy with ease as you continue application—your results will be perfectly pretty at every level of coverage.

What else you need to know:
This brush's synthetic Taklon hairs are perfect for creating optimal payoff with liquid foundation formulas. Their shape and high-grade nylon composition help to ensure a natural, smooth l"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Sephora for CAD$50 and one of the more expensive brushes I own. I was looking for an alternative to applying foundation or BB creams. I usually apply with my finger, sometimes with a triangular sponge but it sucks way too much product, or with the Ecotools foundation brush, which I found problematic because product dries too quickly and builds up using it and bristles come apart to look streaky. So, I wanted a rounder surface to use to apply foundation instead of a flat foundation brush and I decided on this as opposed to the MAC 187 (which I feel like I'll inevitably get sometime in the future) because the bristles were denser. First application totally blew my mind! My foundation literally disappeared into my skin and I saw my complexion magically change in front of my eyes. With my fingers I would always such a small area to work with and was scared of looking uneven. My only gripe about this is I wish the bristles were hardier...meaning it would blend better. A good way of offsetting that is pour some foundation onto a surface and stipple the brush onto it evenly, stipple onto your face and blending quickly. It's what works best for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No