April 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Omega

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by paradoxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I should point out that I've never used this product as an eye shadow. It is in no way to my tastes for that purpose. I use it as a contour powder and I adore it. I am extremely pale and have always had huge amounts of trouble finding contouring products that didn't make me look like there was dirt smeared on my face. I had basically given up on ever finding one when I saw a review by a beauty blogger (who was almost as pale as I am) saying that this was her HG contour product. I decided to give it a try and I am SO happy that I did! I apply this on top of my fountain using a MAC 168 brush and then swirl some translucent powder over the top. Hello cheekbones! It has really helped me add polish to my look while taking very little time. I would recommend trying it to anyone who has pale, cool-toned skin as a contouring powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

First of all I don't use this as eyeshadow, I use it as a brow filler. :) I have dark blonde hair and, teamed with Illamasqua's fabulous sealing gel, absolutely perfect to fill in my brows. Matches pretty much perfectly and stays on all day with no issues. Lovely buttery texture. Highly recommended for blondes!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by bb158

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

save your money!!!! I heard so much about this product being great for blondes eyebrows!! NOT TRUE. It does not suit a blonde at all! was really, really dark, and the texture was just awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

When i'm too lazy to paint wonders on my eyelids, this is the eyeshadow i reach for. It's an awkward shade; matt taupe-ish gray-ish light brown (if that makes any sense LOL). Looks very dull and boooring on the pan but looks AMAZING on my eyes, even when used alone.

I apply it on my entire lids and blend towards my brows. It looks like i'm not wearing any makeup on my eyes as if they are naturally awake and doe-like. It's also very pigmented, conceals the veins on my lids perfectly. I love how matte it is, you can apply it as much as you want without looking like a clown :)

I don't know if it creases on its own or not, i always use my NARS primer beforehand and it lasts all day.

Package is small, cute and very sturdy. I like how mac shadows don't come with those tiny pitiful applicators.

Overall, i'd buy again and again. Hope they don't discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by underage

My HG eyebrow powder. I have dark eyebrows but very blonde hair. I use this to fill in my brows when I want to look more polished. This is the only brow product I have ever liked besides the Essence pencil. It doesn't make my brows too dark or orangey. I also use this as a blending color when I'm in a pinch. I would definitely repurchase this and it's worth the money since I use to little. It you're a blonde and have a hard time with your brows try this! I can see it working for brunettes as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Matte browns are essential, but SO boring in my opinion! Omega looks like your average light matte brown in the pan, but in actual fact, it's this neutralshade that has elements of brown, beige and grey. The pigmentation and application are both fantastic, I like using it in the crease or as my transition shade. I'm NC25 so it does show up on me quite well. I used to own the Too Faced 'Natural Eye' palette, and there was a shade called 'Velvet Revolver' in there that reminded me of Omega. However that eyeshadow was a very noticeable grey-brown on the eyes, rather than subtle like Omega. Furthermore, Omega is excellent for dark eyebrows! I just don't understand HOW it works so well but it really does, sometimes when I've gone a bit heavy-handed with my beloved MUFE 'Aqua Brow' I'll put Omega over the top to tone the colour down and it works. Even though Omega IS neutral, I find it looks fabulous with cooler-toned shades such as MAC 'Sable', 'Satin Taupe' and Urban Decay 'Toasted'. If you look at the comparison photo of my other matte crease and transition shades, Omega is very unique, definitely one to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

This is one of those products I reach for everyday but don't even think about, I noticed today I have nearly run out and thought good ol' Omega deserved a review :)

It does look pretty boring at first glance, very light brown, looks sort of a dark beige applied very lightly and can also look slightly grey depending on what it's blended with or how much you put on.

I reach for this nearly every day, I use it on my eyebrows mixed with Charcoal Brown, I use it all over my lid for a quick easy neutral look, I use it with Blanc Type all over the lid and then Omega in the crease.
Omega with Blanc Type makes a really light lovely, I want to say a light smokey eye but it's not exactly smokey, just a really quick look that is easy and very flattering with a bit of brown eyeliner and/or mascara.

So I will definitely buy this again after realising how much I use it, very easy to use and a great staple for your bag out and about to do a quick bit of eyebrow filling or eye makeup etc :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So glad I bought this eyeshadow. It looks so boring but is a true workhorse for me. I use it several times each week for my crease and eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I agree with reviewers below that say that this is a light "greige" color, because it really is! It's somewhere between a brown, beige and grey. I'm NC25 and this barely shows up on me, but that's the beauty of it - it's great as a soft wash on the lids, or as a super natural crease color. The formula is typically Mac - not powdery, not dry, not buttery, but somewhere in between.

It is SORT OF a dupe of Velvet Revolver from the Too Face Natural Eye palette, although I believe VR is slightly more grey and slightly more noticeable on the eyes. Velvet Revolver is probably the reason why I won't buy Omega again - I like that VR shows up a bit better on me and looks faintly "smokey", whereas Omega is great for a natural eye and not much else. I don't find myself reaching for it all that often, although it' a lovely color if you don't have anything similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

After finding out that Too Faced's Velvet Revolver eyeshadow in the Natural palette is the perfect color to fill in my eyebrows with, I set out to find the most similar dupe I could, as I would rather not repurchase the whole Natural Eye Palette again just for that one shadow. Multiple sources said that Omega was pretty close. I've colored my hair to a light brunette for years, but I'm a natural dark blonde. So my brows are that awful, cool-toned mousy light brown color. All color I've found designed for brows are either WAY to dark, or have warm undertones, so nothing looks natural. And my brows are just dark enough that blonde colors look too yellow. So I experimented with this eyeshadow. Looking at it in the pan, it almost looks a bit grey, as does Velvet Revolver. So I'm not even sure what gave me hope and possessed me to try it in the first place, but I'm glad I did. It goes on a lot more brown than it would look, and blends in almost perfectly. Omega is just the tiniest bit lighter than Velvet Revolver, but it does the trick.