MAC Matte - Omega

4.6

on 7/19/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I’m a dark blond with highlights and I found this to be a bit red and grey on me and darker than what I like in a brow color. It’s slightly darker and more red/grey than Anastasia’s brow powder in Blond, which makes it better for a more ashy look, but it was too dark for me. It also has a bit of shimmer in it, barely any, but for a “matte”, I find this very disappointing since I’m allergic. I can see where this would be the perfect color for most blonds. If you want something that’s more gold, I would go with Anastasia, but I personally use the Estee Lauder Soft Blond Refillable, which is lighter than the Anastasia. Also, I find this a tad more warm than Fling.

on 7/17/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Omega. Where have you been all my life?

I am a blonde with blonde eyebrows and have been using Anastasia Brow Duo powder in Taupe for the past 3 years. I love it. However, I thought it might be fun to try Omega (love the Back to Mac program) since 99% of all blonde youtubers use it in their brows. It is a little darker than the Anastasia (light side color) and a hair warmer, but with my highlighted blonde hair --- it is magical! It looks so natural and fills in gaps and gives my face life! I will continue to use this and only this. Okay -- maybe a little brow wiz here and there -- but this is HG for me. It's also nice for a crease shade and even for an all over the lid shade for my blue eyes. Omega is life-changing for me!

Five years ago, the MAC sales associate recommended Omega on the lid and Saddle in the outer corner for my wedding. After wearing Omega daily for two years, I wanted to try something new. This time they recommended sable, which I love and wore for 2 more years. I still had Omega in my drawer and every time I looked at it I thought "That color looks so dirty and gross. How did I ever wear that?" Well....today after reading reviews and seeing so many comments for Omega, I decided to try it again. It is amazing! How did I ever put it away? I have cool-toned, fair skin and blue/gray eyes, and this color is perfect for my eyes. It is very natural looking. It's not gray, it's not brown, it's not taupe...I don't know what it is, but it's pretty much perfect. I will be wearing this regularly again.

on 3/2/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shadow was a very pleasant surprise. I was looking for a transition and blending color, and also a shadow that would give a subtle sculpted look when used in the crease. I initially bought Wedge, but Wedge was warmer than I was looking for. I wanted something that was slightly cooler (a very cool brown leaning toward grey). Omega was perfect for that. But in addition to providing that perfect sculpted eye, it is PERFECT to blend out other colors and harsh edges. It's also insanely gorgeous as a lid color in an understated, sophisticated way. When I want subtle definition under my eyes, I use it as a liner on my lower lid.

on 11/1/2014 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what I'd do without Omega! It is my absolute holy grail brow powder (paired with M•A•C Cork for a very slight ombre effect). It is one of the only shadows I'm pretty close to hitting pan on. I use this every day and have received several compliments on my brows. I also fall back on this for a cooler-toned neutral transition/crease color. I apply to brows with an angled brush, to lids with a fluffy pointed brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* easy to fix mistakes
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit drier than other M•A•C shadows
* can sometimes seem a bit chalky in the crease if not well blended

on 9/25/2014 7:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is a cool toned, light brown, matte shade. I use it as a transition color in my crease and sometimes on my eyebrows (I'm a dark blonde/brunette). It's not an essential for me, I could live without this color since I usually opt for warmer colored eyeshadow looks.

on 8/20/2014 3:41:00 PM

So happy that I bought this product! Suits my skin tone perfectly for not only eyes but also contouring and brows. Really versatile and good.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

So hum-drum in the pan, but such an easy, beautiful, polished color on the lid! Omega is a very cool-toned, velvety, mid-toned, ashy brown, there's a lot of grey in this but the overall color stays on the brown side. It's not that dark, so it's great as a transition or crease color, but I honestly got it to wear all over as a wash, by itself. I love the velvety matte finish (Omega is part of MAC's matte e/s line) and find it easy to blend and on the long-wearing side. I'm pale enough (nw20 + summer tan) that it shows up well on me but the color is light enough that I can be sloppy with application and not worry about overdoing it..in fact, at times, I wish it were a little darker…but that's when I reach for Charcoal Brown-a slightly warmer, but darker color still suitable for my pink skin. Wedge is also a similar to Omega, but I'd call it Omega's warmer, more golden brown sister. Even compared to NYX's Taupe blush, Omega is about the same color depth, but is more gray.

For those looking for a cool-toned 4-pan suggestion for pale skin, these are my favorites:
Blanc Type (highlighter, matte or Naked Lunch for a flesh-toned shimmer)
Omega (lid/crease/transition, matte. Substitute Wedge if you're looking for a warmer, less gray version)
Satin Taupe (slightly darker and more shimmery than Omega, good for a little shine all over as a break from the mattes. Charcoal Brown is my replacement for Satin Taupe if I want a matte, they aren't the same color, but work in the same manner.)
Typographic--or any dark shadow of your choice.

on 6/16/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I love this as a crease and outer V color, it blends well and isn't too reddish on my skin. never creases, lasts all day and applies beautifully. I'm nc40 for reference.

on 6/4/2014 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a good cool toned taupe-ish light brown option for PPP. Light enough to be used all over the lid or a crease. It's also very flattering for hazel eyes and seems to bring out the green!

Top Rated MAC Products