October 31, 2014 | 1052 users online

Styling Products - Avon - Lotus Shield

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample from my avon rep and I have fine, wavy hair that is color treated and dry.
Not super frizzy.

This stuff is very heavy and made my hair feel stick and thicker - and I am still not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Smells fake-floral.

So far I am not loving this and won't buy it.
Too hard to tell from the 2 uses I got out of the sample pouch.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by hellotampon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine, multi-textured hair that's really fuzzy/frizzy, especially at the roots. This product does a pretty good job of keeping the frizz down without making my hair look greasy or weighed down. A lot of other products I've tried don't do anything for the frizz but make it shiny, but this actually makes those little hairs lay down more. Everyone else says they only need a pea-size amount, but my hair is about down to my bra band and I have to use a lot more than that, which makes this product more expensive for me. You have to completely cover every hair with this stuff because if you miss a section you will end up with the frizz there.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by prufff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Nothing but a waste of money. I have long and curly hair, i just want to minimize the frizz and have bouncy curls however what this product leaves you frizzy; heavy and greasy hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rubbish! This made my hair sticky, heavy and unmanageable. Do not waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very long, very naturally curly hair. I cannot believe how beautifully this product worked. I applied it to my damp hair and my hair dried naturally in lovely ringlets with very minimal frizz. This product is supposed to work even after one wash of your hair, I though this would be impossible on my hair. I am honestly so shocked but I washed my hair last night and it looks just as good as yesterday and I have not put ANYTHING else on. Well done Avon, this product is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't had good experiences with Avon hair products at all in the past. So I wasn't expecting much from this. But I tried it anyway and was surprised! I have shoulder length curly/frizzy/thick hair. I've tried many different frizz hair products from name brands to off brands to the crazy expensive brands and haven't found many that work. This is a decent price and works best on my dry hair actually. Works great and I don't have to reapply over and over. The only downside to me was that it felt oily on my hands but I mean, I haven't ever used a styling product that I didn't have to wash off my hands so guess it's not anything unusual. Will repurchase!<3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by zararose88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is fine for my hair it does make it feel smooth and it is definitely less flyaway. However, I have used much better products that are better value for money.

The tube is tiny but it does seem to be lasting quite well. I would buy it again but it would not be my first choice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had received a sample of this when I placed an AVON order at work. I'm not much of a fan of AVON products, but I did order some nail polish and was pleased. That said, I had this Lotus sample and decided to give it a try. My hair: Chin-length Bob. Coarse. Dry. Brittle due to coloring for so many years. Thinning in spots due to menopause but overall thick. Frizzy. These days especially frizzy because my haircutter used a razor to cut my hair--I won't be going back to her. As bad as I described my hair, I'm a wiz at blow drying it. I can keep a blow-dry for a week. No kidding. However, my hair is deeply affected by the weather.
Anyway, this past Saturday, it was raining--monsooning!!! My son was taking my fiance and I out to dinner for my birthday and I really wanted my hair to look perfect. I reached for the Lotus sample and figured what the heck. I distributed it evenly thoughout my hair, airdrried my hair 60 percent then sectioned and blow dryed. The result: Soft. Tame. No frizz.
Now--this is the only time I've used this so I gave it a three because I would need to use this a few times to really get a feel for it. It is currently on sale for 9.99 and I will purchase. Frizz-ease is more expensive and does a garbage job on my hair. The only frizz-free items I really do like are Living Proof, but it is ridiculously expensive; The Ouidad Shine stuff which is ridiculously expensive too, but lasts; so this may be a good item.
Will follow up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by snsuperstar

I received a sample of this and was very excited to try it out as the weather is getting warmer and my hair is the first thing to frizz up! I have very long, very dry coloured hair.

I put a 10p coins worth in my hair. The texture of the product is very nice. It goes in the hair easily and smells great. I blow dried and set my hair in rollers. My hair has never looked so good! It felt lightweight, my ends felt soft and overall it was very shiny and healthy looking! Not to mention my curls held very well.

This stuff is amazing. As for all of the negative reviews i guess it depends on your hair type and how you use it. For me it's great and i'm currently ordering two bottles. Plus they're on sale on the Avon UK website at the moment!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by vortiz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not the quality I expected at all. Leaves me very greasy and I still frizz....,