Vivite Exfoliating Facial Cleanser

4.6

Purified Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Di-PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate, Polyethylene, Glycol Palmitate, Sucrose Polysoyate, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 33, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Salicylic Acid, Serecin, Cassia Angustifolia (Senna) Seed Polysaccharide, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

on 4/24/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this at my dermatogist's office. It is not perfect - the smell is kind of meh and the consistency is somewhat inconsistent in that the granules do not seem to be dispersed evenly. That said, this is the only exfoliating cleanser I have used so far that did not irritate the heck out of my skin. If I could use the Peter Roth Thomas anti- aging beads on my face I would prefer those because they did a superior job compared to Vivite on the back of my hands, but I am afraid to use those on my face because the ingredients seem likely to make my face flame up and clog my pores. So for now, I am sticking with Vivite as the best compromse I have found between keeping my skin calm and exfoliating it. If you don't have my issues, I'd suggest giving the PRT product a try.

on 12/31/2012 12:49:00 AM

I have tried MANY cleansers from cheap to expensive to help with my adult acne. My dermatologist recommended this product and within a short amount of time my skin cleared up. The glycolic acid helps to remove dead skin and keep my face smooth. My other products began working better as well as they could actually penetrate my skin. I use it once a day (which is not recommended, but keeps my problems away!) I can't give this product enough stars!

on 10/23/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the best cleansers out there. I use this twice a week with a little water. Sometimes, I scrub it on and leave on for a few minutes while I make my coffee or whatever, then rinse with warm water and pat dry. It's a great exfoliator due to the acid base, but has a texture gritty enough to make you feel like you are really getting a fresh face. I like this a lot, but paid 40 dollars for a big tube. I think because I use it only twice a week, it lasts longer that way. I have had this tube for 7 months and there is still a lot left, so I guess it's worth it, but $40 hurts for a cleanser at first

on 9/13/2011 8:02:00 AM

One of the best products out there in my opinion. I use this a couple of times a week. It is a good size bottle and you only need a small amount to do the trick. My skin glows following this wash. I love it. I had been using Philosophy Micropeel once a week, but this is so much easier, better and, I believe, cheaper because it should last forever. I love this line of face products because Vivite really works and I have tried a ton of stuff over my 69 years. Give it a try.

on 8/21/2011 12:26:00 AM

My dermatologist recommended this to me to help with my clogged and inflamed pores on my chin. Not only has it worked wonders for that, but it has also done a great job at keeping the rest of my skin very fresh looking. It is pretty pricey (40 USD for about 6 oz), but I think it is totally worth it. I am not a fan of the smell, and if I am not careful, it can be quite harsh on my sensitive skin. I use about a nickel size amount a maximum of two nights a week (most weeks I only use it once). I've only had this bottle for two weeks, but I can tell that this will last me for at least 6-7 months, perhaps even a year. So it may even be cheaper to buy this for $40 than to pay $5 every month for a new bottle of St. Ives Apricot Scrub (which doesn't exfoliate as well, but it does smell nice). Overall, I highly recommend this product... but don't get it up your nose when you're scrubbing because it burns like crazy!!!

on 4/3/2011 3:10:00 PM

When I first tried this product I hated it. It smells a little bleachy and the scrub particles are very small and hard--it feels like they would probably be scratching the skin. My face was horrendously bright red after using it.

I decided to try this once again on my face before using it as a (very expensive) body scrub, and the second time around, I was very gentle about rubbing on my face, which worked much better. I think that I had become accustomed to my Chanel exfoliator with it's gentle round beads that don't irritate my skin at all.

Overall, my skin looks improved--clean, glowing, refreshed, after using this product, so I would recommend it and will repurchase it. But I will say, this in not a product that feels luxurious or enjoyable while using it because of the bleachy smell and the harsh little scrub particles.

on 7/30/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very effective glycolic acid based facial cleanser with small scrub particles. The particles are not as round and cushy as those from say Peter Thomas Roth, but with the glycolic acid they do an amazing job of getting rid of dead skin and giving your face a really effective double dose of both chemical and manual exfoliation. So effective in fact, that I only use this about once a week, or you will be over-sensitized which for me reflects in small clogged pores. But with a judicious hand, this is a great product! One of the best exfoliators I have ever come across and makes all of the products I use work that much better.