Aveda Control Force

on 12/28/2014 9:23:00 PM

Excellent at keeping my fauxhawk in place! Too bad it's so expensive, boooo. I've since switched to TRESemme TRES Two Spray extra hold and that is a pretty good substitute at a very reasonable price.

on 10/23/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great hairspray - horrible smell. Strong hairspray scent mixed with something else... BO? However I don't find that the smell lingers so it's okay. But I wish they would change the scent.

on 6/23/2014 1:00:00 PM

Absolutely love love LOVE this hair spray! Definitley my HG hairspray, without a doubt! I was always a fan of the Big & Sexy line of sprays when my hairstylist friend told me about Aveda's Control Force and I thought, okay, isn't Aveda all hype and doesn't actually perform well? I had never truely liked the Aveda brand but her hair always looked phenominal so I thought, what the heck?
Upon first spray, this stuff can get sticky & hard REAL fast. Best to apply it about 10 inches from your hair and don't stay in one spot for too long! The one thing that I absolutely love about this product is that even after spraying it like crazy, I can still brush through my hair, have the hair keep its style, have NO white flakes, AND keep it's hold! It's amazing. I once ran out of my Control Force while on vacation with no Aveda in sight and had to buy a Big & Sexy spray. Man, what a difference it made! My hair's curls fell within minutes and my hair got super frizzy very fast. Made me realize what a gem Control Force truly is! Humidity control, flexible but strong hold, nice smell (doesn't phase me one bit, in fact I like it), and lasts a long time since you're not using half the bottle. Well worth the investment in my book! Give it a go, curly hair, straight, or wavy. It will change your hair!

on 2/22/2013 4:51:00 AM

Negatives
- there is way too much liquid in the spray which ends up on your hair, unless this is the so called "wet look".
- pricey
- surprisingly, not a good smell for an aveda product

Positives
- strong hold (which is important for some people)
- makes the hair look thicker

on 1/27/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good performance, but can't get past the strong smell. And I have never before met an Aveda product that I didn't adore the scent of. That's probably at least half the reason I buy them, seriously. It's not that the scent of this itself is necessarily bad, but it is so strong and lasts allll day. Headache-inducer for me, and I worry that it will offend fragrance-sensitive people around me because it's so overpowering.

on 12/30/2012 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As far as functionality goes - it does exactly what a hairspray is supposed to do. It held my style in place for a good portion of the day. It really was weightless and did not make my hair feel weird or crunchy. UV protection is a nice bonus. However as far as the scent, one of the worst hair sprays I've had. It was very unpleasant to me- it smelled like a milder version of the Orlando Pita hairspray. I can't quite define the scent, but reminds me of Old Bay seasoning for some reason. If it wasn't for the scent, I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good versatile hairspray. Actually more of a medium hold than firm. Great for finishing blowouts.

on 9/5/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wish MUA had a "maybe" repurchase option because that's how I feel about Control Force. I've been buying Aveda products for over a decade, although I would not call anything I've ever used HG material and, of course, all Aveda products are very expensive. Control Force is expensive, but if you want a firm hold it's pretty good. The smell, unlike most other Aveda products, is horrible (industrial smelling--make sure your room is well ventilated before using it), but it held my hair in hot, humid weather even though I reapplied it many times. Would probably repurchase, but only because I always get sucked into buying Aveda products.

I bought this after having an updo done for my cousin's wedding. Little did I know, I wouldn't need it because the stylist already sprayed the **** out of my hair. I took the bobby pins out and my hair stayed! perhaps overkill......

ANYWAYS. I think it is expensive but I like Aveda products so I will spend the money for them. Packaging is good but you have to make sure the aerosol doesn't get clogged.

Now to the hairspray itself, this stuff HOLDS- it does make your hair sticky if you touch it but once it dries it will hold you FOREVVVERRRR. Great stuff for summer humidity. I find myself using this with both straight and curly looks to get some hold in this weather.

If you aren't looking for SUPER SUPER HOLD, don't buy this product.

I will rebuy if I ever run out but who knows when that will be.

on 2/22/2012 11:39:00 AM

I REALLY like this hair spray....I use Air Control for lighter control days and the Control Force for when I am putting my hair up. If you have shorter hair that you need to get up in a pony THIS is your go-to hairspray! It will hold everything up and not fall! Also I like that it doesn't have as toxic ingredients as others, and a pleasant scent, actually mostly smells mostly unscented vs drugstore perfumey hair spray smells.

Popular Styling Products