October 25, 2014 | 1875 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm - Gothic

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by audra72ad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For starters, I've read a lot of bad reviews about this product and the thing is that I don't find anything wrong with this product. There are good reviews as well. I really like this product and it's a great for when I don't feel like putting on a lot of make up and/or I'm hanging out with my boyfriend.
The first of the lip stains I bought was Crave and that was 2 years ago and it hasn't dried out. Since then, I bought Flame and Gothic and I love them all. I wore Flame a couple of weeks ago and it lasted all day. I came home and took a nap and it was still on there! I haven't worn Gothic yet, but I have tried it on and it's gorgeous and I can't wait to wear out! It was a deeper red than I thought, but I can live with that! I really like the inner core of the cap to keep them from drying out. And yes, you do have to be careful with the balm otherwise it will break. Other than that, I have no complaints.
For those who complained about the dryness, application, color payoff, and the balm, please know that no product is perfect. Also, make sure you exfoliate your lips and keep them moisturized before and after you use a stain. If you don't, the color will not be even. The color is also buildable to your liking. I would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another yes for Revlon. This product actually leave 'stain' on my lips after I blot the excess off ( unlike others ) and won't wear off for hours. From 9 to 5 , I only have to reapply once after lunch. The colour maybe hard to pull off for fair skin but it works really well on my warm skin tone. Wear it daily for an edgy look or for the night out with the girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Kyunghei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would describe the color as cherry.This product satisfied my desire for an water/alcohol based stain that would actually turn the skin of my lips a different shade after the excess is wiped away. A lot of "stains" are just tinted glosses or waxes, which isn't what I'm looking for in a stain. The color is true and would probably look nice on someone with darker skin than me, but I found that it did not work with my very fair coloring, even though the color family was just right. If only I could apply this shade just a little bit lighter, but every attempt resulted in deep ruby lips that were just too intense for me. The color worked better on me when I wore a layer of Instinct underneath, then applied a thin layer of this one on top, but I still wasn't satisfied with the result. I thought that it looked far too gothy on me for daily wear. The color is pretty though. It looks great when I write something on my arm with it and it doesn't wipe off!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by JazzyDazzle

I got this product at the Unichem Pharmacy (I think) and it costed around 23 dollars which is helluva lot.
I was playing with this product the day I bought it and when I walked out of the restroom where I was putting it on my mother's jaw dropped and she exclaimed: "Oh my sweet lord. Honey, are you alright?"
Confused, I asked my mother what she meant and she replied: "Your lips... something looks wrong."
Now, women put on makeup to look more presentable and "something looks wrong" is the last thing they want to hear. So mark my words when I say that this color, Gothic, will make you look like you mouth is bleeding. This is not a bad product, don't get me wrong, but this colour is as close to the colour of fresh blood as it gets and not in a cute bitten-lip kinda way. More like a not-so-cute I-just-freakin-bit-my-lip-OPEN kind of way.
The balm is quite comfortable though and I liked that.

Pros:
- Long lasting
- Balm is comfortable and not sticky

Cons:
- Colour looks a bit fake-blood-esque
- Expensive as my grandmother's handcrafted machete

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ecolleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this stuff, and I've now had three different tubes of it that all wore differently. The first one wouldn't apply evenly to save the WORLD. The second two rub off within an hour or two. Not remotely long wearing which is why I bought it. It breaks my heart because this shade of red is exactly what I've been searching for. I've since returned to lipstick instead of stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by placidbeige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On me, the color looks just like a nice red lipstick, with strong pigmentation. The stain itself is nice, although a bit drying. It lasts for several hours. Actually it doesn't even want to come off when it's time to take off my makeup! Also doesn't transfer after lip locking. Just make sure to exfoliate your lips before applying (or else it'll stick to nasty little bits of skin) and then apply it before you put on the balm or any other moisturizers.
As for the balm, it isn't moisturizing and it really doesn't do anything. The packaging for the balm isn't great either. It's like they stuck a good inch or so of lip balm on the end of the lip stain marker, like a pencil eraser. I have to use a gloss or some other lip balm on top.
Overall it's nice, and I use it sometimes because it does have its good points as mentioned earlier, but I probably won't repurchase after running out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Tdewitt889

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the revlon just bitten stain plus balm only a few days ago in the shade Victorian. At first it was very nice but the next day I wore I I saw some things I did not like. First, the balm broke seconds after I opened it. The felt tip left little flakes on my lips, it put more color on the bottom lip than the top and left a weird lip around my bottom lip. And then it dried out lip almost completely. I was really excited for this product and I was very disappointed. I recommend not to waste like 9 bucks on this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by tsukinamazu

The colour is nice, however it doesn't build up the lip structure well, make it look a bit too dry and the quality of the Balm go with it is not really good.

It's quick to fade away too, but still nice to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by gonedrake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The packaging was simple enough, although it took me ten minutes and a pair of scissors to open it. I blame my nails. Once opened, I was sad to see that the balm had broken off inside the cap, and that it wasn't a swivel stick variety. They could definitely improve by making it swivel upwards.

As for the actual stain, I like it. It's a nice color that seems to last for quite a while. As mentioned in other reviews, it needs to be layered a little in order to get complete coverage, but other than that, I was satisfied.

Tip: Moisturize beforehand! If not, any stain'll get stuck in the cracks of your lips and look uneven :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by merl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Revlon Just Bitten lipstain is an excellent drugstore product. For my lips, the stain itself feels as drying as Benefit's lip stains, but comes in a variety of colours and is a fraction of the price. The Gothic colour is a deep red and, as many reviewers have said, requires a couple of coats if you want a deep, more opaque colour. As with any lipstain, it is important to exfoliate your lips before application to prevent colour sticking to cracked or dry patches. The balm that come with this product is useful only for adding shine, layer with a good, moisturizing lip balm if you find the stain drying. Use this as a daily-wear to add a bit of colour. Apply with a lip brush to meeting the color toned down and well-dispersed. Usually feel like I need a touch up 4-5 hours in. Overall, good value, would buy again in a few other colours for variety.