September 21, 2014 | 2019 users online

Eye Shadow - DuWop - Eyecatcher Shadows - Green Eye Intensifier

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lisaflam

The eye shadow colours in this due (eggplant purple and mosaic light-dark green) are great at bringing out green eyes. The eye shadow is easy to apply, and lasted all day. The only problem I had was that it made a bit of a mess,..when you put it on the brush, I found that unlike other eye shadows I use, there was a lot of excess powder.

Why wouldn't I repurchase? Whilst the colours are great, I can buy these colours from a different brand and avoid the powder mess!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This green eyes duo gives you a purple shade and a green shade. In the lighting of the store, it looked to me like a deep purple and a lime green, but when I brought it home, it looked more of a plum purple and a minty green. Once again, the color morphs when you actually put it on, which is what really matters. The purple shade is a matte deep toned purple, not too plum, but more of a charcoalish brownish violet plum purple. The green shade is somewhere between a minty green and a lime green, with a bit of shimmer. I think this would be a great shade for someone with truly green eyes, but not so much for someone with goldish green eyes. I like this shadow but not sure if I love it enough to buy again. I don't really like the packaging, as I prefer it when the lid stays attached, like a flip lid, but this one unscrews completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by MissCarmella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have light aqual/teal colored eyes. I tried this first in Blue eyes and realized my eye color must lean more towards green because this duo did nothing and just looked blah. The blue eyes version gives u a ocean blue and a frosty chocolate full of golden shimmer. The payoff of the chocolate shade was amazing and the blue was just blah on me. The green eyes version gives you a eggplant shade paired with a frosty shimmery green. This one was fabulous at enhancing my eyes. These duos are really good quality and I loved the twist top pot they come in. Just make sure you choose the right one for ur eye color to truely get the effect they are meant to give. I wear mine wet as liner rather then layering them like Duwop suggests. Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the eyecatcher shadows for brown eyes. It consists of a shimmery copper gold color on one side and an eggplant purple on the other side. The two colors beautiful together. Really complimentary. There are a couple of different ways to wear them. The instructions say to layer them over each other. This creates a neat effect where the shadow seems to change color depending on how the light is hitting it. Looking straight on the color appears as mostly purple but look at it from another direction and you will see the most beautiful gold highlight.

Or as the poster before me said, I will wear the copper gold on the inside of the lid and use the purple for the outside of the lid and crease. Then I use a blending brush to soften the look and blend the colors together. The colors look beautiful together this way. I simply love the combination. I have also found that I can spice up a lot of my shadows with the copper gold color in this duo. I have used it with browns, purples and even blues. It compliments a lot of colors which is really nice to have a product that is versatile.

However I still could not give this product a great score because there are a couple of problems that I can't ignore. First of all the lighter shade has a lot of glitter to it that falls onto my face throughout the day. I hate having glitter on my face. Secondly the shadows don't stick to the lids. When I apply the pigment is really nice but when I use my blending brush I have to be careful to not sweep the shadow completely off my lids. I often have to reapply after blending because the shadow will almost disappear. This wouldn't be a huge deal if this was a cheap inexpensive product, but I paid almost $26 dollars for this small pot of shadow and I would expect better staying power for that price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I have green eyes and have been trying different eye shadows that claim to enhance green eyes. This is one of the best. It comes in a duo of a deep, pigmented burgundy on one side and a mint julep green swirled with gold and a deeper more Kelly green on the other. The packaging suggests that you layer the shimmery shade (Iím assuming the swirled green) over the matte shade (the burgundy). After reading this, Iím doing the math in my head and the only conclusion I keep coming to is that these two shades layered are going to look like puke. Besides that, I consider myself to be somewhat of an eye shadow expert and like my eye shadows to be multi dimensional. So my approach to this was to apply the green shade on the inner corner of my eye and onto the lid with the thought that the shimmer would bring light to my eyes, which it did. Then I put the burgundy shade on the outer half of the lid and outer corner, blending into the crease. It looks gorgeous and really does bring out the green in my eyes. Iím usually not a makeup snob, but compared to some of the other eye shadows Iíve tried to bring out green eyes, this is the highest quality and it better be for $22. These are highly pigmented, a little goes a long way and they really nailed the concept.