August 31, 2014 | 983 users online

Masks - Boscia - Luminizing Black Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Be generous when applying it so you could actually peel it off when it dries. Imagine you are putting a nose pore strip on your entire face. That's how it feels and how you get great results. This product leaves my skin radiant and pores significantly smaller.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mask, however, I'm not a huge "mask person" to begin with.. I usually use plain calcium bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar for my regular mask. I like to use this one maybe once or twice a month.. It's a very intense mask, definitely NOT for sensitive skin. It burns my eyes the first maybe 10 seconds of applying. I just close my eyes and it passes. It does not burn my skin though, in fact it's quite pleasant once it's on. I don't put this anywhere near my eyes, nor do I recommend it, because it REALLY adheres to your skin.
Put a THICK layer on, and make it THICK all the way around. Don't thin it out around the edges because it will never come off. The bottle suggests 30 minutes but mine takes close to 45 minutes, usually. If you're by a draft or open window the time reduces.
I noticed some people here and on other sites complaining about some residue left over after it's peeled off. If you apply a moisturiser as the directions suggest, the leftover bits should come right off. I like to use a VERY basic moisturiser (I use Cetaphil) after, because I could see something fragranced irritating it.
After peeling it off, it's pretty cool to see all the stuff it's pulled out of your skin (ok it's kind of gross, sure!). If you have fine hairs on your face, this will pull them out. If you have more hairs than average, I don't think I'd recommend this mask to you because it will probably be painful. If any stray hairs fall into the mask or you accidentally get it on your eyebrows, it HURTS!
Those reasons are why I knocked a star off. And that being said, I otherwise love this mask because of how intense it is. Sometimes you just wanna peel EVERYTHING off your face, yknow! Once a week like the bottle suggests.. Probably not. Once in a blue moon, definitely!
So, if you have sensitive skin, don't use it. If you have visible hairs on or around your face, use with caution. I have breakouts on my forehead and honestly haven't seen a difference there so I can't speak to that, maybe it will work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I received the mask as a gift. Very excited to get it! The tube isn't huge, but BOY you get a ton of uses out of what you do get! My skin is left cleaner, clearer, and somehow, someway brightened. I've no idea how it does that. I've used plenty of peel-off masks, and none have brightened.
It's easy to use, basically no learning curve. Only thing to remember is to not use too much.
Wait 'til completely dry, then peel away. Any residue is taken off with a washcloth.
It's fun, and definitely a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by shell11

I love this peel off mask! I use it at least once a week and I see great results. Helps with blackheads, oil and dead skin. It's definitely a little pricey, wish it was in the $25 range, but I would still re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a very good mask but is not worth the fulI price. Bought it as a sample size on Black Friday at sephora. Use a DIY mask and voila. The sample size came with some blackhead pore strips or something not sure about the name hehehe. If it is offered again as I bought it I will definitely buy it, if not you know the rest. Always a Boscia fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This was an impulse purchase. I don't exactly regret it but I just want to face palm myself when I think about how much I paid for it. I wanted to return it but every time I use it for the last time before it goes back, I find myself unable to part with this product. First of all, I'm upset at how much product I have to apply. I have to apply a lot in order for it to be easily removed and work effectively. I don't know, seems like a waste to me if I can't apply it liberally. Like someone else mentioned, I only use this on problematic areas only, which for me, is around my nose and cheeks. It can be quite painful to remove if you don't apply a lot but for the most part, I don't mind and find it quite fun. Instantly, my face feels ultra smooth. I notice the next day my makeup application goes on a lot smoother and my pores have minimized dramatically. I have to knock off a lippie because my skin started to flake where I peel off the mask (nothing moisturizer can't fix) and it doesn't remove EVERYTHING on my nose. But the ONE thing that's keeping me held onto this product is that it does a way better job at brightening my complexion and smoothing out my skin than the Clarisonic Mia does. And that to me, is pretty impressive and worth keeping.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Erlybird54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample from Sephora yesterday. I used the mask last night, letting it dry for a longer time than the directions suggested, and peeled MOST of it off. Then I went to sleep. This morning, I rinsed a few pieces I missed. That was easier than washing cleanser off my face, so I don't understand what folks who complain about the mask being difficult to remove. My experience was easy-peasy! My skin looks and feels really great! The mask took away whatever makes the pores on my nose black. My skin is "maturing" and is sometimes pretty sensitive. It can be pretty oily sometimes, and dry at other times. This morning, it seems smoother, and IS brighter. I think I have enough of the sample for one more mask. It's gonna hurt my pocketbook when I buy it, but I think I would be doing a disservice to my skin to not use this on a regular basis. I got a kick out of the black patent leather look the mask takes on when drying. I really like this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by cgarretson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of this mask. My skin looked brighter and fresher after I used it, and none of the Boscia products I have used have ever disappointed. The only thing I didn't like that much (and this just goes to show how deep it cleans your skin) is that it can be extremely hard to peel off unless you apply a thick layer. I would buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this masque with Sephora VIB point perks. I'm glad I didn't purchase it because it was disappointing. It's supposed to boost clarity and minimize the appearance of pores. All it did for me was dry out my skin and cause some irritation. It's supposed to peel off, but I found myself struggling to get smaller bits of this masque of my face. Easy to find hard to rub off. No beneficial results for me. The only over the counter item that seemed to visibly minimize my pores is the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. And it was hydrating and gentle too. Not sure who this masque works for, but it wasn't me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So this product is an okay product, I would use it, but I will never pay 34 bucks if I can get something better for $1.50. I was always a fan of the daiso charcoal mask, cheap and sweet, if you know how to use this product (apply a thick layer and wait for it to dry COMPLETELY, then peel it off from the bottom), you're gonna love it. The same hong applies to the boscia black mask. I guess it's the expensive price that made me expect more from the boscia mask, but it turns out that it's exactly the same and it's actually not as effective as the daiso one. It extracts some of my whiteheads but the daiso one extracts more. So after one use, I immediately returned it at sephora. Just try the daiso one, you'll like it better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No