Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

3.4

Ingredients: Water, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Montmorillonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark/Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Citriodora Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Yikes I posted a negative review on Sephora twice about this mask and both times they just delete it (Sephora is fishy like that it's turned me off big time) anyways I used this mask once. Applied a good thick layer and waited. When it was time to remove I panicked because I couldn't get it to peel it was legit painted to my skin. When i finally got a corner to peel it hurt like hell I felt like my skin was ripping off with the mask !!!! I have a mask obsession and own 22 VERY Expensive masks and have sampled a good 50. So I am no newbie And I've never ever experienced anything like this I give it 3 stars because despite the pain and what seems to me, a not so good for the skin "peel" i did enjoy the feeling (in a weirdo way) Like all my blonde peach fuzz came off I could see it in the mask lol i could also see skin (dead o HOPE LOL) and a couple of blackheads/white heads in the mask so that was satisfying I just think it's a bit much for the skin and anyone with sensitive skin needs to avoid this for sure I wouldn't purchase or re-use

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mask is great. You can see all the little blackheads it removes. The mask being black helps you to see the results. I love knowing my pores have been cleaned so deeply! Doesn't take long to dry, about 10 minutes to be on the safe side. I suppose it is a bit pricey but I think it's worth it. The scent is minimal and when you peel the mask off it is very gentle on your skin. All in all, this is the best peel off mask I've used.

This is the first time I've used a peel off mask. It is black and has a thick consistency. You do need to apply a thick layer in order to be able to peel it off effectively.

It is effective in extracting oil from my face and keeping my face clear of acne, but I wouldn't consider this mask to be a "high performer". I have other masks that I feel are more effective and are less pricey, so I will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is just a glorified, liquid pore strip. The first time I used this, I put it all over my face as per the directions. If you have peach fuzz on your cheeks, do not do this! While it was okay to peel off the nose and chin area, it was painful to remove from the outside of my face (like near the jawline and ears). It left my skin red and irritated. The next time I used it, I only put it around the nose- it was not painful to remove from this area. While it cleared out some of my pores. it didn't do as good a job as a normal mud mask which doesn't damage the skin like this will. I gave it 2 stars because my boyfriend enjoys using this and it does clear his blackhead-filled nose decently, but for the the price I can find much better options.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My pores are pretty clogged and I was really excited to try this to see if it would help. I have to admit I'm not at all impressed, and this product is rather unremarkable. This is pretty much like other peel off masks that cost a fraction of the price, save for the shiny jet black color. Ingredients are nothing special considering the price, which hazel which can be bought dirt cheap is two or three on the list. This consistency out of the tube is similar to honey, application can be a bit mess and I would suggest using a brush. This did seem to remove a lot of peach fuzz which wasn't painful, and did leave my skin feeling smooth. Can't say that it did a whole lot for my pores, slightly less effective than using a Biore strip. Word of caution, if you have baby hairs like myself this can be problematic. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, and used a headband but still had problems keeping my baby hairs out of this. I don't see myself purchasing this again, as I can get a decent peel off mask for a fraction of the price of this. This is to peel off masks what Glam Glow is to mud/clay masks overpriced hype for mediocre product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this product as a sample to try out with my friend after hearing some average-good reviews on youtube. There was enough in the sample to get all my problem areas (cheeks,forehead,chin) with a nice thick layer.

Unfortunately though, this mask did next to nothing for me, it was fun to put on and take off but for the price i expected a little more (a whopping 42 CAD for nothing special). Honestly i agree with everyone, this is my second peel off mask and i doubt i will be trying out any more.

I would probably recommend the aztec secret healing clay with some apple cider vinegar if you're looking for a mask that cleans impurities, skip this.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Neither horrible nor anything special. It is a typical peel off mask, with nothing special to justify the exorbitant price point. Pitch black color makes it sort of fun, I guess. Very thick, glue like consistency, must be applied thickly and evenly and allowed to fully dry (at least 30 minutes in my experience) in order to peel off cleanly. I see many reviews of it pulling off facial hairs but I didn't experience any more of this than I do with any other type of peel off mask. My skin felt mildly exfoliated as it does with any other type of peel off mask, and I noticed no pulling out of blackheads, increased luminosity, and certainly not a reduction in pore size. I don't know why anyone believes any mask shrinks your pores.

I got a generous sample size from Sephora and while its not an awful product there was nothing about it that would make me repurchase it, especially for the price point. I generally prefer rinse off masks to peel offs, and for the most part think peel off masks are just gimmicky. It all honesty I feel most masks are mostly gimmicky and don't do much other than mildly exfoliate, absorb excess oil, and just make you feel like your skin is cleaner while providing a bit of an at home, spa experience. If you like peel off masks, cheap drugstore peel offs like those offered by Freeman and other drugstore lines are just as effective as this one. Save your money.

What a hot mess. This is exactly the same thing as the cobalt blue brush on mask made by Max Factor in the seventies, and memorialized in the beauty party scene of the movie Goodfellas. You spread it on, and once it dries, you peel it off like plastic wrap. Except it never fully dries in some places, and it does not peel evenly or completely. You are left with black patches that have to be scrubbed off, and God help you if you get it on your eyebrows or in the fine hair in front of your ears. It also gets under your nails and stains a bit so it would be wise to wear gloves. My skin felt a bit tighter but nothing more. I have mature skin but I have been oily most of my life.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

it's a weird black color which is fun but it doesn't do much besides dry the living hell out of my skin.

This is my first written review. Have always been an avid reader but no product ever seemed to impress me to the point of penning down a review. Fortunately, I received a sample of this and tried it, which changes everything! Admittedly, I'm not a huge dabbler of facial masks. This is probably the third one I've ever tried. I'm thoroughly impressed! The mask is very thick, to the point of being slightly difficult to slap on in a hurry. When dried, it's quite the challenge to peel off especially if you didn't get an even and opaque layer on as suggested. I tried it for the first time this morning. When I first took it off, I noticed that my pores did appear smaller. Was rushing out of the house so I didn't take the time to notice the changes in my skin. Came home, popped into the shower and was blown away. My skin feels softer than I've ever felt it!! And the few spots I had on my forehead were almost completely gone. I'm in love! Definitely purchasing the full size.

Popular Masks