Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

3.4

Ingredients: Water, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Montmorillonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark/Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Citriodora Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499).

on 3/4/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm conflicted about this mask. For reference, I have extremely dry, sensitive skin due to illness so I was excited to try this because of it's claims of luminosity. I have relatively perfect skin (no blemishes, discoloration, pores, etc...) so I like to use masks to make sure it stays that way. Plus they're fun, you know? Now because I have such dry, sensitive skin I didn't apply this everywhere. I applied it in areas most likely to get congested like the center of the forehead, chin, nose, and center of the face. Now when I took it off, I didn't have a problem with my peach fuzz getting waxed off (phew!), maybe because I did the mask in pieces. However, it came off in patches and was a motherhugger to get off. Anyways, the aftereffect was my skin feeling very smooth. I didn't feel like it really detoxified and got no luminosity. Some of my dry patches were enhanced, although that may have been from rubbing to try to get it off. Overall, if you have minor problems with skin texture, I think you may like this. Otherwise, I think this is overpriced for what it is and there are way better masks out there.

on 2/8/2015 11:47:00 AM

The mask was really hard to rinse, get off. Really hard. It says that it is clay and I have used other clay masks and because this one was different, I was a little confused. The ingredients say it has something called polyvinyl alcohol. That is found in hairspray. It left my face pretty dry. I usually like Boscia, but I did not much like this mask.

This stuff hurts!!!!! Did remove all my little facial fuzz and some dead skin. did not make any obvious changes to my skin. Took such a long time to peel off. Did I mention it hurts ?

on 2/2/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this mask because I use the black gel moisturizer and I LOVE it. But this mask was not easy to peel off. I spent 15 minutes in front of the mirror just trying to pick pieces of it off. However it did make my skin feel very smooth and detoxified. Luckily I didn't buy the mask and only tried the sample. I won't be purchasing this mask.

on 1/26/2015 12:39:00 PM

Luckily, I got a deluxe sample of this through my Sephora Beauty Insider Awards and didn't purchase it, but I wasn't really happy with this mask.

Boscia describes it as: "A groundbreaking, mineral-rich mask that peels off to deliver powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening effects."

My redness and breakouts had no noticeable changes, and my skin was definitely not brightened nor was it illuminated. I noticed some exfoliating effects, but this could have been achieved by my normal exfoliator.

The peel-off technology was satisfying for about 30 seconds, until there was black gunk everywhere. I got bored and opted to wash it off, which was both time-consuming and messy.

Look for the REN Glycolic Renewal Mask instead of this one, delivers amazing results for a similar price point.

on 1/26/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Nothing luminizing about this! Was a tad painful pulling off. Did indeed remove all my little facial fuzz and some dead skin. For some strange reason my face got extremely oily after the dryness faded. I will stick with supermud :-/

on 1/24/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this mask, but it was nothing special. I enjoyed the "peel-off" aspect, but I was really hoping for more of a deep-pore extraction like a pore strip would do. I have been looking for a mask that would peel off like a pore strip but in liquid form so I could get coverage around my nose and on my chin. It was fun to put on because it is very black in color and thick, but it just didn't get everything as clean as I wanted. I would definitely avoid putting this where you might have "peach fuzz" hairs... It would definitely hurt those areas of the mask was put directly over. If you accidentally get this mask on a part of your face where it really hurts to peel off, the mask comes off easily with make up remover or a cleanser. All in all, it's an okay product, but it just wasn't strong enough for what I was looking for it to do.

on 1/6/2015 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I find this mask pretty average.

Pros: - I have sensitive skin but it doesn't make me breakout (yay)
- My face feels a little smoother after removing the mask.
- The peeling thing is fun because I find some satisfaction in peeling off the mask

Cons: - not much difference after the second use.
- Kind of expensive for a small bottle of mask that doesn't work much (for me). It's around USD$38 / SGD$50
- DO NOT apply it anywhere near the orbital bone omg. During my first try, I was a little careless and applied it slightly above my orbital bone and also too near my eyes at the nose bridge area and it stung like hell and made my eyes tear badly. I had to close my eyes till the mask dried up and I peeled it off with my eyes still closed (lol i know). However, during my second try, I was way more careful (and wearing my lenses so I can see clearer -I am around 700 degrees in each eye) and it didn't sting my eyes at all.

Overall, ok mask for me. Sitting on the fence for this one. Have tried better though haha. I hope this mask works better for you than it did for me!

I liked this mask a lot. After I removed it my skin looked even toned. It exfoliates well. It is a little difficult to apply, my trick is that I apply it on thick with small strokes. I like to rotate my face creams and masks, once I finished this I didn't purchase another one right away but I will again soon. It is slightly pricey also :)

on 1/2/2015 10:32:00 PM

This mask does an absolutely amazing job of smoothing my skin and getting rid of black heads on my nose. It peels off really well in one piece if you put on a nice thick layer and let it completely dry. I don't really notice much of a luminizing effect (which I do with the bright white mask). My biggest gripe with it is that it takes so long to dry (~30min) and it hurts like a f***** to peel off, more so than any of the other Boscia peel off masks and I've tried them all. This is a T-zone only mask for me as I just can't handle how much it hurts on my cheeks, but would totally repurchase because of how well it works on those blackheads.

Popular Masks