November 28, 2014 | 841 users online

Masks - Boscia - Luminizing Black Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lovemylife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was a little tentative about trying this mask after reading some reviews. But turns out it's awesome. I applied a not-too-thick-but-not-thin layer with a foundation brush, and let it dry completely, which took 35-40 min the first time (dried in about 30 min the second time, maybe because the room was dry). It does tighten as it dries, and peels off in one big piece. It's like a giant Biore pore strip for the face. If you can get it, there's a full sized product combined with konjac sponge and Black cleanser for just a few dollars more than the cost of the mask alone. Totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by knmichel90

This is a really great mask for before a night out or event. It does an amazing job of clearing out the "gunk" and making skin smooth and even- makeup goes on so much nicer afterwards! If you have acne, it won't clear it up, but it doesn't make it worse, either. It does hurt a bit peeling it off (or maybe I'm just a baby) but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This is such a fantastic mask! I use it once a week to really get the gunk out of my pores. I have a big problem with blackheads and clogged pores and this stuff helps a lot. It leaves my skin luminous (just like it says!) and it has make my skin tone more even. It works 100x better than any other peel-off mask I have tried. I seem to have to use a lot of this product to really get the effect I want, though. I wish the bottle lasted longer, but it is possible I am using too much. I will definitely be repurchasing this soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by abigtourist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of a Sephora's Favorites pack, and I absolutely loved it. Every time after I use this, my face feels nice and looks really brightened. The only thing I would add to the reviews below is that it takes a while to dry up, and it's harder to take off if it's not completely dry. What I found that works is that I leave it on for 40 minutes, instead of the suggested 20. I know that sounds scary, but my skin isn't really sensitive to it and I feel the extra time makes my pores feel tighter. I will definitely buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone skin that's quite sensitive so I was hesitant to use this, however I've tried it twice now and I have to say that it does make a difference. My skin feels soft and exfoliated, and my redness is greatly reduced..I believe this may be caused by my pores getting unclogged or something of that sort. It is very difficult to get off so really make sure you don't spread it onto the delicate eye area or near any hairs, otherwise it will be painful. I find I have to keep it thick so that it's easier to grasp and pull off, but the gray residue left from the edges can be easily washed off with warm water. Then I apply a very basic moisturizer and I'm good to go! I've found it helps with break outs and actually brightens my skin, so I will fork over the cash and buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

The first time I tried this, I hated this product. Absolutely HATED IT. I didn't find that it did anything for my skin and if anything, it was messy. I had received a pretty generous deluxe sample of this a few months ago and had enough for about a month's worth of masks (every 2-3 days) and I really liked it. I don't know if there was some sort of reformulation, but I find that it actually helped my skin glow a little more and tighten up a little bit. I wasn't as generous as I should have been, as I find if I apply too much, it doesn't dry properly and it's a chore trying to get it off. I found that my skin was smoother afterwards and I didn't have to moisturize, either. It's a fantastic little treat that I give myself whenever I have a little bit more time on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Be generous when applying it so you could actually peel it off when it dries. Imagine you are putting a nose pore strip on your entire face. That's how it feels and how you get great results. This product leaves my skin radiant and pores significantly smaller.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mask, however, I'm not a huge "mask person" to begin with.. I usually use plain calcium bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar for my regular mask. I like to use this one maybe once or twice a month.. It's a very intense mask, definitely NOT for sensitive skin. It burns my eyes the first maybe 10 seconds of applying. I just close my eyes and it passes. It does not burn my skin though, in fact it's quite pleasant once it's on. I don't put this anywhere near my eyes, nor do I recommend it, because it REALLY adheres to your skin.
Put a THICK layer on, and make it THICK all the way around. Don't thin it out around the edges because it will never come off. The bottle suggests 30 minutes but mine takes close to 45 minutes, usually. If you're by a draft or open window the time reduces.
I noticed some people here and on other sites complaining about some residue left over after it's peeled off. If you apply a moisturiser as the directions suggest, the leftover bits should come right off. I like to use a VERY basic moisturiser (I use Cetaphil) after, because I could see something fragranced irritating it.
After peeling it off, it's pretty cool to see all the stuff it's pulled out of your skin (ok it's kind of gross, sure!). If you have fine hairs on your face, this will pull them out. If you have more hairs than average, I don't think I'd recommend this mask to you because it will probably be painful. If any stray hairs fall into the mask or you accidentally get it on your eyebrows, it HURTS!
Those reasons are why I knocked a star off. And that being said, I otherwise love this mask because of how intense it is. Sometimes you just wanna peel EVERYTHING off your face, yknow! Once a week like the bottle suggests.. Probably not. Once in a blue moon, definitely!
So, if you have sensitive skin, don't use it. If you have visible hairs on or around your face, use with caution. I have breakouts on my forehead and honestly haven't seen a difference there so I can't speak to that, maybe it will work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I received the mask as a gift. Very excited to get it! The tube isn't huge, but BOY you get a ton of uses out of what you do get! My skin is left cleaner, clearer, and somehow, someway brightened. I've no idea how it does that. I've used plenty of peel-off masks, and none have brightened.
It's easy to use, basically no learning curve. Only thing to remember is to not use too much.
Wait 'til completely dry, then peel away. Any residue is taken off with a washcloth.
It's fun, and definitely a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by shell11

I love this peel off mask! I use it at least once a week and I see great results. Helps with blackheads, oil and dead skin. It's definitely a little pricey, wish it was in the $25 range, but I would still re-purchase.