September 1, 2014 | 976 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Jouer - luminizing moisture tint

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only used LM radiance primer and TM (SAND) fairly regularly for many years but I was at Nordstrom and the makeup artist suggested the Jouer TM which I never heard of...I ended up with this in the color Bronzed and I am very happy with it. There is a nice luminizing effect and the coverage is okay but understand that I don't have issues with my skin.

I use Dior Skin Nude for a foundation when I need more coverage. I use the Kenvy Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealor in #9 and set everything with MUFE HD Pressed Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Itsjustmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I'm pretty oily and this is keeping my oil away pretty well. Minimal coverage but really blurs out everything. You will need concealer to cover up anything. My favorite part is that it's not cakey looking at all. My skin looks like skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this and it just isn't that good. It doesn't cover too well when you might need some coverage and there's too much luminizing going on also that makes me think this would work better as a liquid highlighter than a tinted moisturizer. Glad I didn't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got golden as a sample and finally gave it a real try. Long lasting; at the end of a work day it's still on my skin. Make sure you clean it well. Medium Coverage; covers a fair amount of redness especially by the nose and chin area. Sparkles; on your brush on your face. Not like UD's glitter chunks but little sparkles that reflects light. I had to use a lot of brush cleanser to get it all off.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by scottishredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a must have for anyone looking for a youthful glow. The finish is luminous, and there are no dry patches in sight, which is something that I am always searching for since I have rather dry skin - a lot of products I have used highlight every flaky patch and imperfection. It looks very natural, almost undetectable, and knocks years off.

My skin is far from perfect and this does a good job of masking small imperfections, the formula is buildable and layers on smoothly, I usually apply one layer with a sigma F82 and pop some concealer on then I am good to go. I don't set with a powder, so I can't comment on the TM / powder relationship unfortunately, but I can say the wear is really good despite lack of setting powder, and no breakouts.

The packaging is fine, no leakage and looks rather sleek. On a side note, I have had no trouble at all with discoloration or separation of the product, however, I have experienced a little transfer with direct contact (this really is minimal transfer but worth a mention). The price is reasonable for what you get, I was hesitant at first but I bought this a good few months ago and it is still going strong, that is with daily use! Nice one, Jouer, you are fast becoming my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered the mini tubes of this product which are convenient to carry around and are lasting much longer than I anticipated. FYI you can sign up for the "Insider Report" on their website to receive a 50% off one-time order promo code.

Golden, true to it's name, was a good match for me when I was a little golden in the summer (but a decent match for my normally light asian skin as well). Moisturizing enough to use on its own but can also be worn with a light moisturizer. Surprisingly evens out skin tone pretty well for a TM with moderately light coverage.

Unfortunately, I find that the lasting power is not that great. By the end of the work day, there is almost no trace of the TM remaining. Although, I have not tried wearing a primer underneath it or setting it with a powder.

I wouldn't repurchase but I would use again if I received it as a gift (possibly in the next shade down).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by gobecky

I've only used up a sample of this product and am contemplating purchasing it. The only thing that holds me back from a purchase is that when I looked into my car visor mirror while wearing this product, I saw definite sparkles. Being in my 30's means sparkles are a definite no. Upon inspection in the bathroom mirror, I couldn't see any sparkles... My skin just looked luminous, moisturized and beautiful. Sheer coverage that didn't accentuate my pores. It did accentuate my few sebaceous filaments around my nose, but if someone looks that closely at me THEY might have a problem! Overall, I love the SPF, light coverage, sheer glow and lasting power. Nervous about the sparkles. Great product.

I had a sample of the matte tint...HORRIBLE! Cakey, thick and mask-like. Maybe my sample was bad? Wiped it off before it was all even rubbed into my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

About my skin: Combination with a very oil t-zone, and some enlarged pores/blackheads on and around the nose. Very dark undereye circles, and a few dark spots on the face from sun damage. Light-complected with neutral undertones (think NARS Deauville). In MAC, I usually wear NC20, though sometimes have to wear NW20 depending on the formulation.

I normally don't wear anything with shimmer, as I find that it accentuates my pores, but this Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint has been calling my name for months. I kept ignoring it because I wasn't sure what color to get (whether Opal or Pearl), and I didn't want to be disappoointed. However, I decided to take the plunge,and picked up Pearl.

The first time I used it, I think I used too much, because it looked overly shimmery. There is definitely quite a bit of shimmer and sparkle in this product, so if you use more than a dime-size on your face, you will look like a disco ball. I toned it down the next time I used it, and got better results, though in some lighting, you do see a lot of sparkle.

The coverage is light (it IS tinted moisturizer after all). I find this wears well with my Urban Decay 24/7 concealer pencil. There is not a ton of moisture to it... if you have dry skin, you will still need to wear lotion underneath.

I did, unfortunately, get super oily in the T-zone, which is why I took off a lippie. I know it doesn't purport to control oil, but I feel like it made me oilier than if I had used nothing at all.

I like the SPF20 factor, although I imagine to get the protection level, you would really need to apply a lot of this product, and the shimmer would just be overkill. Also, just to note, this is NOT paraben-free, so if you are picky about parabens, just bear that in mind.

Overall, quite a nice product, and I will probably try it mixed in with some other foundations just to add more luminosity, rather than use it all over the face. ( read in an ELLE magazine a few months back that this, mixed with Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk, gives the most beautiful, glowy complexion.

Comes in a sanitary squeeze tube, and is also available in a pack of 4 travel sizes.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to avoid shimmering base products for fear that it will emphasize the occasional blemishes or breakouts that I have. I have fairly light/pale skin thus imperfections are quite prominent on my skin. I have tested Stila's and Laura Mercier's illuminating TMs in the past and was not impressed mainly because of the formula. Both Stila and LM broke out my sensitive skin.

I chanced upon the Jouer luminizing moisture tint when browsing through samples sent to me with my Cult Beauty order. I immediately tore a packet of the sample, tested it for a day and was practically sold. I sent an email to their customer service department enquiring about this product and received a lovely reply from co-founder Alexia Inge. This TM claims to be oil free, water resistant and hypoallergenic. For someone constantly on the go with very little time for makeup this sounded like the perfect product for me. I am one who dislikes heavy coverage bases as I have fairly decent skin to begin with.

I ordered the shade "Opal" which is spot on for my NC20 skin. I can also get away with "Pearl"(a shade darker) as the coverage is quite sheer but Pearl carries a slightly more golden undertone which I expect would be great with a tan. Although this is marketed as a luminizing tint, there is no noticeable shimmer or glitter once applied on the skin. It just makes your skin look healthy and glowy which is always a good thing. This has not irritated my sensitive skin so far and washes off easily with your regular cleanser. I slap it on in the morning before work and at the end of the day my skin still looks decent bearing it mind I do set it with a light dusting of loose powder. I have tried applying it sans powder and it leaves a non greasy semi matte finish which is just as lovely for the weekend or lazy days.

In conclusion this is a fantastic base product for sensitive clog prone skins looking for a light sheer coverage base. This product is 50ml and is around 29pounds on Cult Beauty's website.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by robbinrr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OH MY MY Ö this is a beautiful luminizer! I received two shades of the Luminizing Moisture Tint as samples when I ordered a blush and lip gloss from the Jouer web site. After I used the samples, I immediately ordered the full size. Iíve never been able to wear products like this as they tend to be too shiny and glowy, sink into my pores, etc., but this beneath a light dusting of my mineral powder foundation looks truly amazing. After my morning skincare routine, I dot a few small drops of this product all over my face, under my eyes and on my eyelids then blend softly with a foundation brush. Then I apply the rest of my makeup (mineral powder foundation, finishing powder, blush, eye makeupÖ.) and the results are the most healthy glow and beautiful skin Iíve seen in the mirror in quite a while. Be sure to start with just a few touches at first then build from there, depending on the look youíre going for. As the day goes on my face just looks even better, something Iíve also noticed with my other Jouer products. The shades Iíve used (and love) are Opal and Pearl Ö Iím very fair and both work great on me. I think Iíve fallen in love with Jouer and with this product in particular.