August 20, 2014 | 1875 users online

Palettes - Tarte - TEN Limited Edition Collectors Palette (eyeshadows)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by lpdiet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was one of my first tarte purchases, it came with a brush, a double sided eyeliner in plum and black, a mini mascara, ten eyeshadows and a lipsurgence in the set as well. The colours are beautiful but some of them are not very pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by aurora0917

This is my first purchase with Tarte cosmetics. Let me begin by saying the packaging is absolutely gorgeous, and it is very study. It comes with an eyeshadow brush, a double-sided eyeliner in black and plum, a free mini mascara, and 10 generously sized eyeshadows.

Despite being in love with the pretty, glitzy packaging, I do have a few complaints. First, the mascara that came with it was incredibly dry and did virtually nothing to my lashes since no product would even adhere to my lashes due to its dryness. Second, the double-ended liner was mediocre. It applied somewhat dry and clumpy on my eyes, so I wasn't a fan. And third, the majority of the shadows had a lot of fall-out, lacked pigmentation, and were not true to the colors in the pan in that they apply very, very light. Almost like a sheer wash of color that you must apply several times to get somewhat of an impact.

On the flip side, the 3 matte colors (light beige, almost black, and the brown) were more pigmented in comparison with the jewel toned colors and shimmers. The light beige was actually quite pigmented. In terms of the rest of the colors which consisted of shimmers and jewel tones, they all had a very light, washed-out sheerness to them. The colors are so pretty in the pans, but expect to cake this stuff on your lids with lots of primer to get any effect from them.

If you are looking for a highly pigmented shadow palette that will produce dramatic looks, this is not the palette for you. But if you are looking for the natural, light-makeup look with subtle hints of color, then perhaps this is your palette.

Again, this palette's case looks beautiful, the palette's color theme is an elegant mix of warm and cool colors, and I can really appreciate how Tarte's products are 100% natural and won't harm your skin or health. The only downside is that the colors are very sheer and lack pigmentation, especially for such a high-end brand. (but i got this for a sale price of only $21 on cyber monday)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you like to do colorful looks but on the softer, more subtle side, then this palette is for you. There are only two matte which are also neutral shades (a matte vanilla and a matte "almost black" and the rest are gorgeous shimmers that are not glitterbombs nor do they have obvious shimmer particulars, they apply with more of a sheen. The amethyst is my favorite; really brings out the green in my hazel eyes.

I will note that to achieve the full intensity of the color of the pan, you will need to apply a primer (I use UDPP) and maybe do a couple coats of the eyeshadow but I prefer the look one coat's worth gives me.

If you're like me and hate using boring neutrals day in and day out for work, then this palette is for you.

Also, I plan on checking on emailing Tarte and askingwhere the eyeshadows are manufactured because I'm pretty sure just the palette itself was made in china.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ShirlynnFusion

I wouldn't buy this again because I want to try different palettes.

I like how I can depot. It's a cute travelling palette.

I always use a primer and cream base before applying eyeshadow. Good eyeshadows don't need all that but it helps.

Quite more vibrant with that and lasts all day even with my oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by counterlydefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

pretty colors, but go on a little chalky. good palette for traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by bobbi0908

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first time trying TARTE and it was just a disaster...These eyeshadows were made in china and it really showed it, the color isnt really colors its like there's no pigment at all the green, teal, black, silver were all almost the same color...I expected it to be very high quality but it wasnt at all what I expected. When I apply the eyeshadows it instantly flaked off I usually use Revlon and I WILL continue to use Revlon eyeshadows compared to this. And the Duo eyeliner that came with it was smudggy...I rather use LOREAL'S eyeliners it's much cheaper and lasts all day literally...Next time I'll just purchase MAC!

*any ideas of what colors is best in mac, I usually wear a gray and black smokey eye let me know if you have any ideas or advice...Thanks*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I often gift Tarte palettes because I generally find the color assortment to be fun AND useful, and the palette packaging itself looks and feels substantial. This LE Tenth Anniversary eyeshadow collection is no exception.

Colors as they appear on Sephora.com are vry true to life. Formula is blendable and buildable, applies easily over an array of primers. Wear is good, without creasing.

Great palette with lovely jewel tones - makes plenty of eye looks. Awesome for travel or getting glam on the go.