April 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Murad - Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer-Dewy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by LillieBrown123

I use this primer for any night-out events. It keeps my skin hydrated and matte. I like that it doesn't add any shine in pictures. This is perfect for any powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by GraceLin80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This primer keeps my makeup to stay in place. I only use it for special occasion so a bottle goes long way. It does make my face look matte in pictures which is a plus!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

I feel bad because I usually like Murad. But this product is a waste of money in my opinion. It did not do anything good for my skin. Just your moisturizer will give you the same 'primer' effect for your foundation. I don't get why this has a tint, it's not my shade at first plus it kinda fades when you work it in. My make up stayed on maybe half an hour longer that's all. If you powder or use something else you get better results. Haven't noticed a dewy finish. I would not recommend this primer and certainly would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I had a little sample to try from a sephora purchase. Didn't do anything for my skin. It has a beige color to it and didn't feel like anything but an additional moisturizer to my skin. booooo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Tried this for 2-3 weeks. The first week I was really impressed with the performance of this primer because it seemed to make my makeup last longer during the day and also I found that I needed to apply less foundation than usual because somehow this helped increase the coverage of my foundation. But by the end of the 2-3 weeks the benefits of this went away and it was just like any other primer, not worth the high price tag so I returned.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by misskittycity74

I am an esthetician & the spa where I work exclusively uses Murad. I personally have not been very impressed with the Murad line. I do have some clients that it works great for their skin. But unfortunately for me this line has irritated my skin and caused many breakouts!!!
Now for my review of the Perfecting Primer - Dewy finish. The color looked great with my fair skin and really gave me a flawless finish when I applied my mineral foundation. After a few days of using this my skin began to break out like crazy & I even developed 1 cyst on my forehead and 2 on my chin. I haven't had a cyst since my teens. So I'm giving this product a poor rating due to the horrible break out I experienced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Don't let the low reviews for this product dissuade you from trying / buying it. I actually bought it on a whim at Ulta, and am glad I did.
I like the fact that does have a tint to it. I am NC30/35 & this tint suits me fine. It evens out any redness I have. I have normal/ dry skin and tis primer did not make my skin feel tight or enhance any dry patches I may have. One pump is all you need to cover your entire face. As far as filling in pores, I have noticed that on my chin / cheek area it does look smoother. This primer doesn't take forever to "set" ( yeah, I'm talking about you Philosophy The Present). Any foundation glides on well over it (I only use liquid and creams).As far as a dewy look, I don't really see it that well. Sure my skin looks fresh, but I was expecting a dewy finish say like MUFE or MAC F&B. My makeup does last longer with this primer, but I also wear waterproof / resistant fndtn :) It hasn't broken me out, as well as there is no SPF.

All in all, this is a gr8 primer if you have normal / dry skin, want a subtle glow with even skin tone :) Yes, will repurchase...heck I already swapped for a backup. Costs around $36 @ Ulta & Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Darn it all! I feel so bad writing this review, but I think it's important for people with pale skin to know that they will be wasting their money if they buy this product. It is a wonderful primer. It makes the skin look healthy, it really does minimize pore size, and keeps makeup on better than any other primer I've used. But here's the glitch. The "color smart" technology doesn't work on me. It turns me orange! No matter how sheer it goes on, or how much I try to work it into the skin, I look about 3 shades darker than my neck and chest. Now, I'm about as pale as they come, but I think that anyone in the fair to ivory category would have issues with this. For everyone else, I think it's a wonderful product and would totally recommend it. But light skinned people be warned!
Note: Since I bought the product and used it, I was determined to find a way to make it work, and I did. I found that putting on the primer, then following with MAC Face and Body Foundation in White, then dusting a sheer layer of Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Soft Porcelain is a perfect match for my skin. However the only reason that I'm doing this is because I'm determined to use up all my foundations and primers that are sitting around gathering dust. So if you're pale and you still want to try this, be prepared to play with it a little to get it to work.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ljsamora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this for a week and let me tell you I hate this product and will not use again. It broke me out in extreme way. I do sort of have sensitive skin, but I take a lot of care with my skin care routine and have been break out free for at least 8 months before using this now i have to clear up again. I wish it was my HG primer but sadly no, still on my search for a great primer

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Miv1775

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too have broken out with this, in the matte version, with Halo over it. Now searching for non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic primers/make-up base.