Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist

2.7

Aqua (Hungarian Thermal Water), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Saccharomyces (Hungarian Thermal Water) Ferment Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Mannitol, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Pectin, Phospholipids, Yeast Extract

on 6/18/2015 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my first Omorovicza product and I wasn't impressed. This reminded me of Evian or LRP thermal water with some orange flower water thrown in for scent. I could see this being nice on a hot summer day, but then again, there are cheaper options out there.

on 4/21/2015 12:37:00 PM

For the price, this product does not deliver anything beneficial to the skin. It is not hydrating, balancing or soothing to the skin. It does smell nice though... an blend of orange blossom and rose with herbal accents.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I first bought this one year ago during Sephora's VIB sale. It was an impulsive splurge but I wanted to add a toner into my routine. I had never heard of Omorovicza but liked the idea behind the brand..the mineral transfer system.
This was the only new product I added into my usual face routine and first tried during my nightly routine. The next day I was quite surprised to wake up with significantly less puffiness around my eyes. I have horrible sinuses and horrible allergies and its not a pretty sight first thing in the morning. But this made me look almost human. I was so impressed that I switched my skin care to Omorovicza exclusively.
I use this day and night...after cleansing I spray with a cheap thermal water like Evian or Avene (whatever is on sale) then wipe it off with Shiseido cotton (I have hard water so I feel I need to do this as a final rinse) then I spray the Queen of Hungary Mist. It absorbs quickly..it doesn't just sit on the face until it evaporates or dries..it actually absorbs. Then when I'm ready to apply serum I give another light spray to aid in product slip and it seems to help the serums to really absorb.
I have somewhat sensitive skin but have never had a problem with stinging/burning. This is non drying and is pleasantly scented.
I would give five stars but this stuff is worth crazy money.
It works for me, as does the entire Omorovicza line so I will continue to buy.

on 9/25/2014 1:58:00 PM

Awful! This smells amazing (medicinal, clinical, quite herbal) and that's about it. It irritated my (not especially sensitive) skin making it sting and turn bright red. It did absolutely nothing to my complexion- a totally useless concoction of water and nice smelling but irritating essential oils. Outrageous for the price. For a non-acid 'hydrating' toner La Roche Posay Serozinc is pretty decent (and is only €6 in France- a bit more in UK) but otherwise I'm yet to find something that work...

This was a non essential treat to myself. It is very very pricey, not especially effective and quite poor value for money. It could also be slightly irritating to sensitive skin. There really are a ton more effective and cheaper toners out there.
Look its like that extra handbag or scarf or nail varnish that didn't live up to its purpose but you are still glad to see it anyway.

Despite discovering the above,
I am still thrilled to have it. I enjoy using it on my face and body spray.
I love the packaging- the pump spray is really fine (I know thats only 2 max for a good pump). But I love the glass bottle- I'll be keeping it for other toners to 'live in'.
I love to use this when I don't feel like a skin softener or an acid toner or Im too lazy to use cotton pads to apply a toner!!
The fragrance is mildly reminiscent of 4711 but with more neroli and less citrus.

on 9/27/2013 9:53:00 AM

Whether the heavy glass bottle is luxurious or inconvenient is a matter of personal preference. The scent is reminiscent of 4711 cologne and quite refreshing but very strong for a facial product. I've stopped using it on my face as I felt it was irritating rather than soothing and I believe it contributed to one of the worst facial breakouts I've had all year. I'll keep it as a refreshing body spritz rather than throw it away, after what it cost. I do believe toners have a place in skincare but this is both too irritating, and not active enough.

I don't use this to spritz my face. Instead, I unscrew the spray top and splash a little onto a cotton pad to swipe over my combination skin (normal cheeks, oil-prone T-zone) after cleansing. I find it leaves my face smooth to the touch, and looking slightly more even-toned and brightened. However, I find little to distinguish between its efficacy and that of toners at a far cheaper price point. So, a pleasant enough addition to my routine, but hardly vital!

on 3/7/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In truth there is no fool like a young fool!
I'm certainly not an innocent but I feel like
one again! Hold on to that hard-earned cash!
this is not worth the loss!
It is nothing but water with essence added--big deal!
I sticking with Evian spray water. Ah! that soothing
sensation to my skin, and a healthier wallet!

on 1/31/2013 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- it started giving me a prickly burning sensation so I have stopped using it. My eyelid also got a rash that went away when i stopped using it.

I do use it but will not repurchase. I wasted good money on this. Saying that this is based on world's first recorded perfume is untrue/ the distinction being, first recorded ALCOHOL based perfume- confusingly this contains no alcohol- good for skin though! No repurchase because the scent seems rather unpleasant (to me, obviously others' tastes may differ) and I just don't care for the product. It's not refreshing Imo- not worth price.

on 7/9/2012 7:59:00 AM

I love a splash of this on my face after putting on my makeup and throughout a hot summer's day. It's a fantastic product and smells divine!