July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Blush - Sonia Kashuk - Creme Blush in Blossom

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Nope, tried it as a highlighter and it doesn't work that way for me either. It's too dark as a highlighter, too light for a blush. Also seems to be a slightly different texture than the other SK cream blushes or is it my imagination? Anyway, Trash worthy. Frick.

Wow maybe I'm not using this correctly but I get no color payoff so I would have to discount this as a blush. Not loving this. I really have to pile this on and then pretty soon I can see application marks because I've piled this on. The formulation of these cream blushes is good but I stress to you to try the other colors first before this color if you're looking for color on your cheeks or unless you're really light complected.

It's just a very light color but as others have stressed maybe I should be using this as a highlighter and not as a blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by xvivifyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this color,it's absolutely gorgeous. The medium peachy rose gives a very nice natural and pretty look on my fair skin. I also am very thrilled that it's not glittery or shimmery. Usually I swipe it on with a brush, but if I'm lazy it applies will with fingers too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this cream on blush, but particularly because of the color/formula. This is not really a color as one expects as payoff on the apples/cheeks. It is more of a hi-lite. It gives that "glow" I love so much w/out looking frosted or at the right angle of either indoor/outdoor light you can see the tiniest light reflecting pigments. I suppose on the whitest and fairest of skin tones this might provide some color with the glow incorporated within it. I think it works best as a hi-lite. Once you've blushed the skin w/a craem or powder I then take up the smallest amount of this on a wedge shaped (the kind you disconnect from a wheel of them, using the smallest side) sponge and starting at the highest part of the outer cheek bone (heading toward ear), but also near the outer most undereye area and stiple it at this area moving down the cheek bone, but at the highest point of it, heading down into the apple. There should be a bit left over and you should use that and stiple around the eye where you've placed the concealer (inner eye and inner corner between eye and nose.) Then begin to blend w/regular strokes where you initially started the deposit and blend down to the apple and finally undereye. The concealed area can look a bit dry though this applied on top provides that "GLOW" I speak of imitating the look of water/hydration. This a bit like the last step of your make-up application regardless of the blush color. Wonderful. Highly Recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blush! It gives my fair skin a rosy pink glow. It's very natural and not tacky like other cream blushes. It's not glittery either, which is a plus. I can't wait to try other colors from this line!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by songy67

I too, am puzzled by why this lovely product hasn't received more hype! This is my go-to blush on days I want a simple, natural, radiant glow. The texture is a velvety creme that blends smoothly into a powdery finish - perfect for my combination/ oily skin type. The color is similar to Revlon's cream blush in Rosy Glow but I hated the Revlon one and how crumbly-dry it was. This creme blush is so much easier to blend and doesn't force me to rough up my cheek just to get an even application. I pick up a bit with my middle and ring fingers, tap it onto the apple of my cheek, and blend in circular motions up toward my temple. The muted peachy pink is gorgeous on its own and looks dewy and natural, but it also makes a great base for my NARS Orgasm when I want a bit more color and shimmer. I love this but I took off one lippie because of the price and packaging. $10 for 3.2 grams is just alright... if it were $8 or less, I'd have no complaints. And I like the aesthetic design of the packaging: lightweight silver exterior with the sonia kashuk label on the clear window, magnetic closure and white interior rim... very cute. The silver is highly reflective too so if you peel off the label on the back it can double as a mirror! However, the silver "sonia kashuk" letters began rubbing off after not even a week and in my opinion, makes the thing look cheap now... but overall, this is one of my favorite blush products and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by marthaquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it; I agree with pinkishbrown that this is fantastic product & deserves more recognition. The package is pretty, small and sturdy while the color is gorgeous on my pale NC 15-20 freckled skin. It's a soft natural pink, a bit more pigmented than Revlon's Rosy Glow cream blush, but the same kind of subtle elegant look. I use it the same way as the BB pot rouges ... I tap my fingers lightly on the blush and then tap them lightly on my cheeks; no rubbing. The tiniest bit of color gives depth, the look of health, and a bit of glow (it's a cream, not a powder) without looking overdone. For more staying power or oomph I'll layer on a bit of pale soft pink powder blush (SK's Lilly, or e.l.f. tickled pink) which is pretty close to the same shade. I really love this blush. The NYX cream blushes are also great, and they're less costly, but the case here is worth a few extra dollars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a terrific product. I love so many things about it, and sadly I get the feeling it's underloved/unnoticed by everyone else!
This pretty compact is sleek and small, so you don't have to deal with cumbersome packaging. It's thin and chrome, which differentiates it from the powder blushes in the SK line, as they are pure white. (I love pure white, but that's ok, chrome is nice too!)
The compact is a circle with a simple flip-top lid. It comes sealed, so no worries of people opening the package.

The best aspect of this blush is the formula and consistency. It's so soft and easy to manage, you just swirl clean fingers in the product and apply. There is absolutely NO greasyness of this item, and it's not heavy on the skin. It almost seems like a gel, but it's not drying at all. The best part is, if you have oily skin OR dry skin, it will work for you.

The color of Blossom is like a pale ballet pink on your skin. It's creamy and no shimmer at all (same for the other colors too.) Kind of similar to Dandelion by Benefit, but more pigmented (not nearly as sheer/neutral). However, this is not the brightest shade - if you want more pigment, try Rosey or Petal (the other 2 colors on display). both are very similar, sort of a coral pink and much more vibrant. I purposefully chose this color because i wanted a not-too-cool (or blue) pink that would sit comfortably without being so loud/obvious on me. I'm not a fan of very obvious blush, and my skin seems to look weirdly ruddy if i wear too bright of a blush.

The price is $9.99, a steal - and readily available at your neighborhood target, so no need to hike out to the big department stores.

This blush gives Stila CC's and NARS cream blushes a run for the money (I'm still a lover of Stila CC, tho.) MAC Blushcremes seem less quality than this one, actually. The only thing that might make them superior is the vast color range in comparison to the few offered by SK.

I hope she expands the range - these are fabulous!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No