July 25, 2014 | 1946 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick- Tiger Eye

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by newbeginnings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this lipstick for $32 in Canada. I love the colour. The shimmer is even and the shade is perfect for my skin tone and lip shape.

However, I was surprised at how soft the lip stick is. I am using other Estee Lauder lipsticks and they are still in tact. This Pure Colour lipstick snapped at the base after a handful of uses. Very mushy! Going to see if I can take it back as I still have the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift with purchase. Its a beautiful shade, lovely texture but holy glitter batman. I wear it lightly over a lipbalm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous shade. This is a gold based shade that is coppery, peachy. One day I was wearing this lipstick and this girl at a drive through said "That is like the perfect shade of lipstick." I was wearing Tiger Eye. This is just one of those lipsticks that is hard to duplicate. I would definitely re-buy this and have re-bought it already.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

Great fall color. This shade is very classic. This beautiful bronze and peach shade. love this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would call this color a bronzed sunset loaded with gold and copper shimmer. It would make a lovely lip color for the fall on the right skin tone. I am too fair skinned and cool toned to pull this off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of a free gift. I don't like this lipstick very much, so I will try to make this review concise.

The good: quality of the lipstick, excellent packaging, comfortable texture despite the large glittering particles. The base color is also a nice peachy tone, what little you can see of it that is.

The bad: the glitter. This is not a lipstick with a subtle glean or shimmer. The finish is frosty, extremely light reflective, and the glitter - yes glitter - particles are HUGE. When I tried to wipe this lipstick off and then rinsed my mouth with water, I ended up with a very noticable "glitter beard" all around my mouth and chin as well as my fingers and obviously, lips. This was after an application of one swipe on the upper and lower lips. Apart from the glitter and the incredible glitter "fallout," I personally found the fragrance of the lipstick to be very strong, persistent and unpleasant in the sense that it smelled like chemicals trying to pass as florals. This would normally not bother me in a lipstick, except that the smell did NOT fade after a minute or two. To be fair I find this scent problem in most Estee Lauder lipsticks as well, not just "Tiger Eye."

I can say nothing about the wear of this lipstick because I simply couldn't keep it on my lips long enough to give it a trial run. If you are a fan of peachy lipsticks with a very frosty finish, and young enough to wear glitter lipstick, AND you don't do things like wipe your lipstick off before drinking from a glass or eating your lunch, you may like this. As I said, the colour is not terrible at all, a nice neutral for fall. Also for having so much overwhelming glitter in it, the texture is amazingly smooth (for a glitter lipstick. It still won't stand against creamy and moisturizing finish lipsticks). For those reasons one extra lip. But definitely not for someone of my age, olfactory sense or lipstick wearing practices. If you do wear this especially in a professional environment, you really have to watch out for fallout if your lipstick smears; I imagine the glitter would easily transfer to dark clothing as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

Can you say GORGEOUS fall lips? This is a sparkly, bronzy, peachy shade, actually hard to describe as it changes when the sun hits it, almost like a prism effect.

Yes this lipstick is very glittery and sparkly which I love.

Try it with a plum or mauve liner, it totally changes the color, simply stunning!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Tearose61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this product as a gift with purchase. This product, Tiger Eye Shimmer, would have looked nice on me 30 years ago. Unfortunately, the amount of shimmer (OK, I wouldn't classify it as a shimmer-it's just pure sparkly, big glitter, overload) is not at all complementary to my middle-age lips. This product will be nice to set aside for my nieces to play around with when they visit, or to use on Halloween. Ugh!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a full size tube of this as a gift with purchase. Actually I got two tubes because I managed to score another gift with purchase on a second purchase. So I have a lot of Tiger Eye lipstick lol! This color is not bad once you get past the shimmer. (Did I mention the SHIMMER? Yep, guess I did.) I really wish I liked this color more. Too light for me, and yes SHIMMER. Good thing it was free. The formula isn't bad-just totally the wrong color and yes, the SHIMMER. If you like nudey beigey shimmery lipsticks-this is definitely for you. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by hakunamatata13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this color. I apply one coat of it and add a soft lip gloss and I'm good to go for the day. It lasts on my lips for about 4 hours, which is pretty decent since I drink water like a fish. I'm on my second tube of it and I have to say I really enjoy this color.