Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick- Tiger Eye

3.8

on 4/26/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got given this lipstick by my mom, she never used it, but said the color looked nice.

When I first opened the tube and looked at it I thought it would be too gold looking, because of the gold flecks. I put some on my lips and wow the color looked amazing! It's this peachy, bronze, gold color, so hard to describe, but so beautiful.

I personally think it would suit every skin tone, it's such a universal color.

I can't rave enough about how beautiful it is! I'm just so glad I got give it.

The other thing with this lipstick is I found that it doesn't dry my lips out like a lot of other lipsticks do, and I'm not a huge fan of lipgloss.

It doesn't feather or bleed around my lips like most lipstick does, even when I use a liner, I don't know what the deal is there.

Overall, a brilliant lipstick, with a unique color!

on 12/12/2014 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous color, bronze/beige/peach frost...elegant gold case. I bought one as a gift & 1 for myself as an Xmas gift (for my mom), & I hope she loves it as much as I love mine. I got this sight unseen from Macy's dot com & am very pleasantly surprised but I am not often disappointed by Estée Lauder, in fact I've never ever been disappointed that I can remember by EL products. This is a nice day time color, I like it with EL Spice lipliner. No other way to describe it but simply lovely & would suit any classy lady who likes glamour & loves EL.

on 11/4/2013 11:24:00 PM

I bought this lipstick for $32 in Canada. I love the colour. The shimmer is even and the shade is perfect for my skin tone and lip shape.

However, I was surprised at how soft the lip stick is. I am using other Estee Lauder lipsticks and they are still in tact. This Pure Colour lipstick snapped at the base after a handful of uses. Very mushy! Going to see if I can take it back as I still have the receipt.

on 9/6/2013 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a gift with purchase. Its a beautiful shade, lovely texture but holy glitter batman. I wear it lightly over a lipbalm.

on 6/20/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gorgeous shade. This is a gold based shade that is coppery, peachy. One day I was wearing this lipstick and this girl at a drive through said "That is like the perfect shade of lipstick." I was wearing Tiger Eye. This is just one of those lipsticks that is hard to duplicate. I would definitely re-buy this and have re-bought it already.

on 3/27/2013 12:12:00 PM

Great fall color. This shade is very classic. This beautiful bronze and peach shade. love this color.

on 11/10/2012 6:13:00 PM

I would call this color a bronzed sunset loaded with gold and copper shimmer. It would make a lovely lip color for the fall on the right skin tone. I am too fair skinned and cool toned to pull this off.

on 9/15/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this as part of a free gift. I don't like this lipstick very much, so I will try to make this review concise.

The good: quality of the lipstick, excellent packaging, comfortable texture despite the large glittering particles. The base color is also a nice peachy tone, what little you can see of it that is.

The bad: the glitter. This is not a lipstick with a subtle glean or shimmer. The finish is frosty, extremely light reflective, and the glitter - yes glitter - particles are HUGE. When I tried to wipe this lipstick off and then rinsed my mouth with water, I ended up with a very noticable "glitter beard" all around my mouth and chin as well as my fingers and obviously, lips. This was after an application of one swipe on the upper and lower lips. Apart from the glitter and the incredible glitter "fallout," I personally found the fragrance of the lipstick to be very strong, persistent and unpleasant in the sense that it smelled like chemicals trying to pass as florals. This would normally not bother me in a lipstick, except that the smell did NOT fade after a minute or two. To be fair I find this scent problem in most Estee Lauder lipsticks as well, not just "Tiger Eye."

I can say nothing about the wear of this lipstick because I simply couldn't keep it on my lips long enough to give it a trial run. If you are a fan of peachy lipsticks with a very frosty finish, and young enough to wear glitter lipstick, AND you don't do things like wipe your lipstick off before drinking from a glass or eating your lunch, you may like this. As I said, the colour is not terrible at all, a nice neutral for fall. Also for having so much overwhelming glitter in it, the texture is amazingly smooth (for a glitter lipstick. It still won't stand against creamy and moisturizing finish lipsticks). For those reasons one extra lip. But definitely not for someone of my age, olfactory sense or lipstick wearing practices. If you do wear this especially in a professional environment, you really have to watch out for fallout if your lipstick smears; I imagine the glitter would easily transfer to dark clothing as well.

on 9/6/2012 11:57:00 PM

Can you say GORGEOUS fall lips? This is a sparkly, bronzy, peachy shade, actually hard to describe as it changes when the sun hits it, almost like a prism effect.

Yes this lipstick is very glittery and sparkly which I love.

Try it with a plum or mauve liner, it totally changes the color, simply stunning!

on 7/14/2012 1:32:00 PM

I received this product as a gift with purchase. This product, Tiger Eye Shimmer, would have looked nice on me 30 years ago. Unfortunately, the amount of shimmer (OK, I wouldn't classify it as a shimmer-it's just pure sparkly, big glitter, overload) is not at all complementary to my middle-age lips. This product will be nice to set aside for my nieces to play around with when they visit, or to use on Halloween. Ugh!!!

Popular Lipsticks