La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

3.6

Salicylic acid - 0.5% aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

on 2/28/2015 7:21:00 PM

i have bought this product numerous times, i have acne prone skin and i read i should give iit a few months before i saw results thus i had always repurchased this product. my pores became significantly smaller however it did not help with breakouts or blemishes at all. i continued to breakout and also it had dried out my skin and made my complexion rather dull. for the price you pay, it is not worth it.

on 2/27/2015 6:37:00 AM

Me: 19 years old have combination sensitive acne prone skin. What's good; doesn't irritate or cause breakouts, did reduce the acne on the skin, all clear in one week. What's to improve: better with fragrance free, cause little sting and redness on the nose sides.

on 2/21/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product works wonders... Some of the time! I have normal to slightly oily skin but tend to get quite uneven texture and small bumps/spots with some acne scars. I have been using this product on and off for about 3 years. I don't use it all the time, but will try it for a couple of months every 6 months or so. I use it day and night in place of a moisturiser and SOMETIMES I get fantastic results, then another period of using it I don't feel any difference whatsoever. I have been using it a few weeks now and my skin is lots smoother and I haven't been getting any spots, so will continue to use it. I will keep repurchasing it though as I need to have it in my collection! Give it at try and see how it works for you :)

on 2/20/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One word, amazing!
I have acne-prone, combination/oily skin with clogged pores. After seeing youtubers recommending this product, i thought i could give it a try and i am totally in love! One week has passed and i can already see a huge different!
It clears my skin and unclogs my pores, barely some of the black- and whiteheads are visible. Not only that but my skin feels and looks a lot smoother, the spots and marks i used to have an issue with are almost gone so i don't even have to wear foundation anymore.
I use this every night and morning, at night i take this before my night cream and in the morning i use this as a moisturizer (it's also a pretty good makeup-base). Big love to the smell and the simple packaging too.

It definitely does what it promised and so worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I could say that this treatment saved me. Before I'd started with it I have a lot of marks. I have been using this product for six months and now I can tell you that I have just a few marks,no acne and the skin super soft. The design makes it very clean and easy application.

on 2/5/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a review for the Canadian version (which I believe is the same as the European one).

This stuff is amazing. I have dry skin but a bad bout of adult acne. This stuff keeps new ones at bay, my skin smooth and glowing. After 2-3 weeks my skin is perfectly clear (except for some old marks which I shall tackle with a good glycolic peel). I use it twice daily (after 8% lactic acid nightly). It doesn't dry me out much, though I do sometimes follow up with a moisturiser after depending on how my skins feeling. This will be a staple product for me.

on 1/29/2015 4:58:00 PM

I've been using this for quite some time now on & off again. I suffer from very oily skin around my nose & acne on my chin, especially before my time of the month starts. This lessened my breakouts, & makes my skin less oily. It's a fantastic make-up primer also. I am such a fan. What i dislike about this product is that I wish I could buy more, 1tube only lasts me 2-3 weeks.

on 1/29/2015 9:21:00 AM

Review for the UK/EU product. This product is pretty amazing! Iíve been using it consistently for about a week now and noticed a vast improvement on areas of my skin that suffers with hyper-pigmentation. Let me just say, it is really important to be consistent when using this product. I bought this a month ago and used it on the odd occasion instead of every morning and saw no noticeable effects. I felt encouraged to try it again after coming across some positive reviews of the Effeclar on YouTube.
Let me just give some background to this story, I suffered from acne as a teenager but that cleared up once I reached my 20ís. Iím 23 now and the last few months I started suffering from badly congested skin, most noticeably on my cheeks, jaw area which I discovered was mostly hormonal. My chin had all these horrible red lumps that soon turned into spots. Blocked pores started appearing all over my face to the point where make up would just accentuate these areas and my skin looked and felt awful. I had no idea what brought this on, my skincare routine was the same, make up was the same. I attributed the bad skin to lifestyle factors, poor diet and mostly stress, (I had a new job which meant I needed to wake up much earlier, not sleeping enough, etc). Needless to say this problematic skin damaged my confidence immensely, to the point where I went to see my GP who decided I have acne and gave me BP treatment to use (which did nothing as I didnít have any active spots, just clogged pores).
I have spent so much on glycolic facials, invested in a new clarisonic, many new facial products (Jan Marini, Paulaís Choice, etc). Nothing appeared to be working. I stumbled upon this product by chance after browsing through skincare products at my local drugstore. I didnít know that the Effeclar was already popularised on YouTube or had such great reviews, which perhaps was a good thing as I didnít have any expectations, which made the results that much better. So, let me say after about a week of using this product, every morning, before I apply my make-up I put a good amount to cover my entire face, focusing on the cheeks where I seem to have the most problematic skin. The product does sting slightly when first applied and the smell, for me, is borderline unpleasant, but thatís not an issue compared to the amazing results Iíve seen. My skin tone has evened out so much, the clogged pores on my jaw has completely gone and blemishes such as hyper-pigmentation has reduced so much. I still have some clogged pores on my cheeks but I feel that will take much longer than a week to go so I am going to persist with this product. I would definitely recommend this product to people who suffer from congested skin, be consistent! Daily use will give results.

on 1/23/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

SO AMAZING. Seriously, try this if you are having any problems with your skin. For the past 7 years, my skin has been so bad, I've had breakouts almost every day - my best days were wore than most peoples best days. I thought that nothing would ever make my skin calm down, but within a month of using this combined with the Effaclar wash, my skin has completely cleared! I cannot express how much I love this product, well worth the price!

on 1/8/2015 7:21:00 PM

The effeclar skin system just worked SO well for me. Thankfully I have gone from having awful cystic painful skin or something decent and much better looking, this has literally saved my skin both physically and textually. I'm so thankful for this being made easily available. Love it and I just hope my skin doesn't become immune to it eventually. I am in my mid twenties with oily, hormonal acne prone skin. I'm also have a dairy intolerance which effects my skin awfully. Face wash: Clear liquid that lathers nicely, leaves my skin feeing so clean and fresh. Love! Toner: Really feel it working, has reduced my enlarged pores dramatically, really helps and is such an important step. Cream: Great base for make up, stings slightly but that goes also show it's working! Makes my skin feel smoother and calms down angry red spots. All in all, I love the 3 step skin system. I always buy 3 of these when boots have the 3for2 offers on skincare which is every few months or so. Makes it great value for money as you pay £64 instead of £96.50 for 3 boxes which will last you approx 18/20 weeks. Before I finish I just want to say to anyone who is contemplating trying this, please do. I know the feeling of low confidence and hatred for ones own face when your skin looks bad. Try the product and I hope it works for you, if this doesn't then try something else, don't give up and do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy. Positive reinforcements help. I've been there, I know it's hard and sad. Always remember you are beautiful :)

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated La Roche Posay Products