July 28, 2014 | 2180 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I've been using the same tube for almost 2 years, as a spot treatment. I'm still on the fence about this! The texture is nice, it's unscented, and my skin shows absolutely no sign of irritation/redness/peeling from this. On the other hand, I don't know how effective it is at clearing acne. Sometimes it seems to help, but other times it doesn't seem to do much. Because this is so pricey and it's not a sure cure, I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by forthefirstime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product on my whitehead/bumps and has done it job pretty well after 2 weeks of use. I have this rough skin texture on the nose bridge due to tiny bumps and was irritated by it everytime I touched it. Upon applying this morning and night for a week, they were gone. As my skin is pretty sensitive, I dare not put it on other areas which are prone to redness. I decided to give it a shot with the results I have thus far. It's my fifth day using it on my most sensitive part of my face, and sad to say, I started developing those acne again on that zone. It started developing tiny whiteheads on the 3rd day and erupt into a bigger nodule. (3 to be specific) However, I've tried it on this other acne a week ago and it has significantly reduce the redness, so I decided to stick with it. Whilst using this product, you definitely have a purging process.

It's only been two weeks/five days of using the product and I could say I pretty like this. It's specifically formulated for sensitive and acne-prone skin, and the claim is indeed true because I didn't have any adverse effects unlike other products I've tried previously.

I have been using drying lotion (HG) at night for my stubborn acne which has effectively draw my acne to a head. Based on my observations, La Roche Posay Efflaclar Duo (+) works deep in and attacks the acne, instead of drawing it to a head. The new formula claims that it prevents acne marks and I agree to a certain extent. Being someone who is extremely prone to acne marks/inflammation due to my fair skin tone, I do see a slight difference between the intensity of the acne marks compared to my existing ones. It doesn't completely eliminate it but it really does its job in preventing it.

I will continue using it and update here once I get the chance. I'm even thinking of getting a second tube now so I will never run out of it.

P.S Some ppl mentioned that the product is pretty pricey. To be honest, I think the price justifies the amount they provide. Previously I used Clinique spot treatment which is a few pounds cheaper but the content size is only 15ml. If using it as a spot treatment, this is one product that works and cost-effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by papnarus

(This is about the European formulation) one of the worst products I used, irritated my skin , made my breakout worse and my skin began to flake very badly! Stopped using it after 3 month

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by tezbeth

So I got this product 3 days ago after hearing all the hype about it for acne skin and so far, it is doing what it said and is reducing the pimples. After my first use, I noticed I had a lot of new white heads on my chin (11 to be exact) and a lot of the pimples I had already had now had whiteheads on them so I am assuming my skin was purging. The next day, a lot of the whiteheads had disappeared but there were still heaps of bumps and rough skin. Today I woke up and all of the pimples on my chin were really dry and the skin surrounding was really flakey making my make up look terrible. I am assuming this is normal, although I haven't read any reviews from anyone else saying this has happened to them so not sure. Either way, I'm pretty happy with the product at the moment as it seems to be getting rid of the pimples, even though my skin looks terrible at the moment with all the dryness on my chin. I guess only time will tell!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Dee958

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have skin that's oily in the summer and dry in the winter, but always acne-prone. I didn't start getting acne until I went to college. My hormonal acne was annoying me so one day I purchased this at an Ulta near me. At first, this caused my skin to become extremely red where it was put on my face. After a few days of letting my skin calm down, I saw that, despite causing the redness, the acne was gone. This is a great product, don't be put off at first if it causes redness. Everyones skin is different, what's right for me might not be right for you. But for me, the redness went away and the product does its job.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Madlenka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a review on the European version, not USA, since the formulations are very different. Made my skin burn so beware if you have sensitive skin. Did not use it enough to see if it lives up to its claims because it is quite irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Excellent product for making your skin smooth and keeping your pimples and imperfections in check. Just love it! No particular dryness or itchiness observed. The texture is somewhat gel-like. No particular smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by bailey1008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! It looks expensive as it is all in French but it's really good value! It has cleared my skin up remarkably and it mattifies my skin so it's not the usual greaseball but more dewy which I love at this time of year(summer). I didn't have awful skin to start off with just some pimples around my face especially on my forehead but they have reduced incredibly in size and have actually stopped appearing at all!! Loooove

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A really great anti-acne product. I don't know how well it exfoliates but it does clear up acne and keep it at bay. It's light enough for people with oily skin, but it doesn't dry out your skin either. Definitely worth the expense.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

I use it as a spot treatment not an overall moisturiser. I just dab a little dot on my breakouts few times a day and in a day or two the breakouts dissappear. It would be a wonderful product if it didn't burn my skin. As a side effect the affected skin starts to peel and leaves a dry patch that is hard to hide under the make up.