January 30, 2015 | 1719 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 4:58:00 PM More reviews by AshVXii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for quite some time now on & off again. I suffer from very oily skin around my nose & acne on my chin, especially before my time of the month starts. This lessened my breakouts, & makes my skin less oily. It's a fantastic make-up primer also. I am such a fan. What i dislike about this product is that I wish I could buy more, 1tube only lasts me 2-3 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Etherealx

Review for the UK/EU product. This product is pretty amazing! Iíve been using it consistently for about a week now and noticed a vast improvement on areas of my skin that suffers with hyper-pigmentation. Let me just say, it is really important to be consistent when using this product. I bought this a month ago and used it on the odd occasion instead of every morning and saw no noticeable effects. I felt encouraged to try it again after coming across some positive reviews of the Effeclar on YouTube.
Let me just give some background to this story, I suffered from acne as a teenager but that cleared up once I reached my 20ís. Iím 23 now and the last few months I started suffering from badly congested skin, most noticeably on my cheeks, jaw area which I discovered was mostly hormonal. My chin had all these horrible red lumps that soon turned into spots. Blocked pores started appearing all over my face to the point where make up would just accentuate these areas and my skin looked and felt awful. I had no idea what brought this on, my skincare routine was the same, make up was the same. I attributed the bad skin to lifestyle factors, poor diet and mostly stress, (I had a new job which meant I needed to wake up much earlier, not sleeping enough, etc). Needless to say this problematic skin damaged my confidence immensely, to the point where I went to see my GP who decided I have acne and gave me BP treatment to use (which did nothing as I didnít have any active spots, just clogged pores).
I have spent so much on glycolic facials, invested in a new clarisonic, many new facial products (Jan Marini, Paulaís Choice, etc). Nothing appeared to be working. I stumbled upon this product by chance after browsing through skincare products at my local drugstore. I didnít know that the Effeclar was already popularised on YouTube or had such great reviews, which perhaps was a good thing as I didnít have any expectations, which made the results that much better. So, let me say after about a week of using this product, every morning, before I apply my make-up I put a good amount to cover my entire face, focusing on the cheeks where I seem to have the most problematic skin. The product does sting slightly when first applied and the smell, for me, is borderline unpleasant, but thatís not an issue compared to the amazing results Iíve seen. My skin tone has evened out so much, the clogged pores on my jaw has completely gone and blemishes such as hyper-pigmentation has reduced so much. I still have some clogged pores on my cheeks but I feel that will take much longer than a week to go so I am going to persist with this product. I would definitely recommend this product to people who suffer from congested skin, be consistent! Daily use will give results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 12:51:00 PM More reviews by annamx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

SO AMAZING. Seriously, try this if you are having any problems with your skin. For the past 7 years, my skin has been so bad, I've had breakouts almost every day - my best days were wore than most peoples best days. I thought that nothing would ever make my skin calm down, but within a month of using this combined with the Effaclar wash, my skin has completely cleared! I cannot express how much I love this product, well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

The effeclar skin system just worked SO well for me. Thankfully I have gone from having awful cystic painful skin or something decent and much better looking, this has literally saved my skin both physically and textually. I'm so thankful for this being made easily available. Love it and I just hope my skin doesn't become immune to it eventually. I am in my mid twenties with oily, hormonal acne prone skin. I'm also have a dairy intolerance which effects my skin awfully. Face wash: Clear liquid that lathers nicely, leaves my skin feeing so clean and fresh. Love! Toner: Really feel it working, has reduced my enlarged pores dramatically, really helps and is such an important step. Cream: Great base for make up, stings slightly but that goes also show it's working! Makes my skin feel smoother and calms down angry red spots. All in all, I love the 3 step skin system. I always buy 3 of these when boots have the 3for2 offers on skincare which is every few months or so. Makes it great value for money as you pay £64 instead of £96.50 for 3 boxes which will last you approx 18/20 weeks. Before I finish I just want to say to anyone who is contemplating trying this, please do. I know the feeling of low confidence and hatred for ones own face when your skin looks bad. Try the product and I hope it works for you, if this doesn't then try something else, don't give up and do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy. Positive reinforcements help. I've been there, I know it's hard and sad. Always remember you are beautiful :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 11:23:00 AM More reviews by martaloptri

This is hands down the worst moisturizer I've ever tried in my life.
I washed my skin with the Effaclar Gel Moussant in the morning and then I applied the moisturizer on my face and neck. It didn't add any moisture to my skin at all, if anything it left it feeling dryer than what it was.
I didn't wear any makeup that day just so that I could see the actual results. The only result was an itchy skin during the whole day, however, I thought I would give it a try because everyone kept saying how good it was so I repeated the same process that night before going to sleep. The worst decision after purchasing it.
The next morning I woke up with a terrible rash on my skin that felt like I had burnt it, loads of pimples and dry patches. I've never had my skin like that and it was a complete shock, thankfully I didn't need to go out that day. The only thing that helped with the burning sensation on my face was coconut oil and going back to my Vichy Normaderm. It has been a couple of days and my skin is still a bit dehydrated and there are some small pimples left.
Obviously I've thrown it away and I've decided not to purchase anything from La Roche Posay never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by corebear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The review is for the European formula. After reading a lot of hype about this product online I thought it could help with my hormonal spots, acne marks and the occasional spot on my face. I have acne prone combination skin which is sensitive, and breakouts easily. I've been using the product for four weeks now, twice a day under my moisturiser. For the first two weeks I really liked how my skin looked (even with a few spots I was getting from it) even complexion, make up goes over top nicely and healed pimples quickly, but now the fourth week in, I have way more blackheads on my nose, chin and forehead and huge pimples popping up on my forehead and chin. Not sure how long this "purging" stage is supposed to last, and whether or not to stick it out a bit longer, but certainly not impressed at the moment.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ruikosakuragi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just came back from the bathroom from washing my face the 3rd time today (you're supposed to wash 2x a day) because this product STINGS!! I used to buy Effaclar AI from my local CVS store, but they stopped carrying that and so decided to buy Duo. First of all, this product does help dry out acne. I would say it takes about a week for it to completely disappear. So why am I giving this a 2 star? It's because this product stings my face to the point where I can't sleep at night. I feel like I need to claw my face out!! I also double checked with my derm on how and why my skin reacts to this product. He agrees that any acne products that feel uncomfortable on your skin should be stopped. He also said that it doesn't necessarily mean a product is working if you get a stinging reaction, it just means I need to find something better. :(
So yeah, I just threw away my full tube of Duo in the trash can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I suffer with hormonal spots that are huge, under the skin boils that hurt and stay for about 10 days, after that there is the post blemish makr for about 6 months!

I bought this product and applied to my entire face but found it very drying, therefore I now only use it on my chin where I am most likely to break out, at first I was using it morning and evening daily until the blemish's disappeared, now I only use it twice a week to keep those boils away and I can say that it does work, you don't need much product and can say this stuff is fantastic.

It doesn't do anything to reduce the post blemish scarring, so I am using bio oil, I have now been using this 2 months and not had one of those horrible spots and I usually get them monthly! Another trick is, if your spots are purely hormonal, try taking evening primrose oil - this also helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I consider this my HG Acne spot treatment including cysts!! Holy moly this stuff is intense but when you absolutely need to get of a zit fast, Effaclar duo (US Version) is it. I would not use this like the European Version, it's not even close to being the same formula. So do not use allover unless you have skin of steel. As a spot treatment it kills spots almost overnight but can leave the face a little tender afterward. It's the combo of the 5.5% Bp and the LHA but it's basically a Zit bomb. I even had it clear a cyst overnight and that is no small feat.

I am using the Effaclar line at night for adult hormonal acne (a touch of folliculitis too, isn't perimenopause fun!). In the morning I use much more gentler products, but still use the clarifying lotion which is gentle for something with AHA in it. But this stuff is the star of Acne kit. I got the 3 piece set at CVS with a 30% shopping coupon. Ended up being around $15 with discounts and is supposed to last 2 months. A Little goes a long way. I know the tube is small but you literally need a dot for each zit. So Buying the full sized one should last at least 6 months to a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by flutterfly4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I developed adult acne and went through so many products from drug store to high end. I find that this product works well at drying pimples and preventing cystic acne from getting larger if you put it on at the first sign. It can really be drying so there is a delicate balance with properly hydrating the skin as to not make acne worse. I use it mainly at night and it can bleach/stain your pillow cases so use a cover or a pillow case you dont care about. Love this product, will buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No