September 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Dilyaraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EU version
well, i registered to write a review about it, thats how good it is. first of all, to say what everybody says - purging started on day 3 for me, took 7-8 days to clear my face completely. Secondly, even those who looove to pick their "imperfections", please dont - these are the ones that take ages to heal. With other products like Triacneal it doesnt make much difference, Effaclar Duo though gets rid of untouched spots and whiteheads faster. Also, it may leave temporary darker spots (discolouration) on your face, still worth a perfect skin you get :) very cheap for such an effective product, smells nice and has a very nice packaging :) recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by korean

I have the European version. So no benzoyl peroxide like the usa one.The usa version is a spot tx and is very different than the one i'm reviewing. They are labeled as the same product, but have different ingredients. Perhaps that is why there are so many conflicting reviews on the effaclar duo. I hear some people rave and others hate it.

The tube say it is for corrective and unclogging care of the skin.

This stuff is pretty amazing. It used for all over the face, morning and nigt. If you have lil bumps under the skin, white comedones, this product will bring those up and out and then heal them quickly. ( some people don't want to go through this process but give it a few weeks and the skin looks so much smoother) It will also help prevent future pores from clogging up. If you have red or inflamed blemishes, this will help heal them faster without the flaky mess. It is not a moisturizer, but somehow leaves my skin softer.

It goes on silky, nice hygienic tube with "needle" point tip, 40 ml. Made in france. and the product really works like it says. No parabens.

The cons- slight floral scent which i don't like, but it does dissipate. First couple uses stung, but i have sensitive skin. Hard to find. Not cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample size package of this product, and after reading reviews on it I was hesitant to use it because it seems to cause some people an allergic reaction. But I figured my skin usually is not sensitive so I tested it out on a couple of small pimples that I had on my upper chest. It started working within hours! I was amazed, so I applied some more the next day, and the day after that, and the blemishes were gone, EXCEPT I'm left with red and dry patches exactly in the areas the cream was applied. I'm really surprised I got such a reaction from this, and I'm glad I didn't apply it to my face!! So I'll say that it is effective at clearing pimples, BUT you may be left with a bigger problem - redness and irritation. Use with caution.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Cleocleo1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have bad skin but get spots and blemishes occasionally. When I see some coming up I apply this product the that area under my moisturiser and it definitely clears the skin quickly. It seems quite potent so I wouldn't ever be confident to apply all over my face. I can see myself always keeping this product in my bathroom cabinet and would recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by marcy93

Oh, man. I need to keep away from this product. For those with really sensitive skin, I wouldn't even touch this stuff. I've used it twice (tiny, tiny pin-dot amounts) only to result in serious chemical burns that took weeks to repair. If your skin is more resilient then I'm sure this would be no problem but warning to anyone with delicate skin, don't touch this stuff. Even after it burned my skin off, there were still pimples! So it just didn't work out for me at all, sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by annikatova

I have combination skin with mild to moderate acne. Benzoyl peroxide has been the only product that has really worked to reduce my acne for over 5 years. However, some of the stronger benzoyl peroxide creams were beginning to make my skin more sensitive and delicate, especially if I am in the sun at all. The dual action acne treatment contains a very effective dose of benzoyl peroxide (5.5%) that minimizes irritation. In addition, it contains .4% micro-exfoliating LHA. I have been using this product for about three weeks and it has improved my acne significantly. While I still get stubborn blemishes around my chin and t-zone, especially when I am hormonal, my skin looks very clear overall. In addition, it comes in a tube with a fine tip that minimizes oxygen exposure (oxygen exposure basically ruins benzoyl peroxide).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Katy2404

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awful! Really strong smell, did nothing for my acne, I fact it may have made it worse. I have tried a few la roche posay products and they just do nothing for me. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by MermaidAtlantica

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is an anti redness and pore unclogger. It is NOT an exfoliator and it is NOT designed for dry skin. It is designed to even out skin texture and tone, and to, over time, reduce the redness left by acne blemishes.

This is not a spot treatment, there is no salycilic/alpha hydroxy acids in this to treat blemishes. Its just designed to even out the skintone and texture. And also reduce redness.
90% of the people who have given this bad reviews have used it wrong.

It does work, it minimises blemishes and lumps and bumps. It doesn "unclog" pores but with daily washing you will do that yourself anyways. It reduces redness and speeds up the healing process of scars.

If youre using this to "treat acne" or as some kind of spot treatment youre using it wrong.

It smells a bit funny to me after a few weeks of use, like veet or nair? Kind of a bit hair remover creme-y. Not horriffic and it dissipates but a bit alarming.
I have repurchased this and will continue to repurchase as it is great.
I wish it came in a pump bottle, as the squeeze tube is a bit unhygenic.

Im commenting on the EU formula also. Not the US formula (not that I think there is a big difference)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

For about two years now I have suffered with blocked pores/whiteheads on my chin and I have searched high and low to find a product to help me get rid of them, so far I have found the only way to totally do this is to physically unblock them.
I was originally drawn to the product when browsing the shelves in Boots and spotted that this product claimed to 'unclog pores'. I had never used any La Roche Posay products before but thought I would take a chance due to the good reviews I had read.
I have been using this product morning and night on my chin after cleansing for 4 weeks now. When applied I find it burns every so slightly but nothing I can't handle and my skin never looks red. It has made my skin a little dry and I sometimes do get flakey bits throughout the day after applying this but it doesn't bother me too much. I have noticed my skin is a lot clearer in term of breakouts, I used to get at least 1 new spot a day but now it's more like 1 a week! And I do agree that it helps to reduce the appearance of dark marks left over by breakouts (although takes some time).
In regards to clogged pores...it has helped slightly but the difference in using it is not massive. I still get new clogged pores and I believe it's probably due to the amount of makeup I have to wear on my chin to cover breakouts!
The BEST thing about this product is it really is a good base for makeup! Using other spot treatments I have found you cannot apply makeup over the top as it dries and looks cakey, however this product does not do this AT ALL! My makeup apply just as smoothly (if not better) then if I've not put this product on.
I'm going to continue using this product and I may repurchase it (although on the pricey side for 15!) mainly to help reduce breakouts and to keep a spot treatment on which I can apply makeup ontop!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I've been using the same tube for almost 2 years, as a spot treatment. I'm still on the fence about this! The texture is nice, it's unscented, and my skin shows absolutely no sign of irritation/redness/peeling from this. On the other hand, I don't know how effective it is at clearing acne. Sometimes it seems to help, but other times it doesn't seem to do much. Because this is so pricey and it's not a sure cure, I wouldn't buy this again.