October 21, 2014 | 879 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Awful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used the stick version of this, and I bought the spray version because I thought it would be more convenient. I don't find that the spray version works well at all and will not repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried this spray on underarms, and on it's own, this spray does nothing as a deodorant for me unless I am in moderate temps, not being terribly active and have recently stuck to a very clean diet free of (or very low in) caffeine and alcohol. So... I would never purchase to use it on it's own as I wouldn't need much deodorizing is those circumstances anyway. However, I do love this spray as a base before applying other naturals deos. It seems to give that little extra *something* that prolongs the stink-control of most others that I have tried.

Most often, I spritz just a bit (1 or 2 sprays) under each arm right after showering then apply my usual deo when it dries, which only takes a minute or two. I have used Desert Essence Tea Tree Deodorant (see separate review) for a few years (unless testing other options) and it works wonders for me but the added protection of the Crystal spray makes a really flawless combo. With the DE alone, I often didn't have to reapply at all during the day unless it was extra hot outside, I had been very active, or I had a hangover (haha, yes, my pits stink when I'm hungover!). Usually, in these circumstances, I would reapply about halfway through the day if I noticed the onset of unpleasant smells, rarely having to reapply a 3rd time unless being paranoid.

With the Crystal as a base for the DE, I really don't reapply at all, unless for some reason I don't shower after a workout or something (or again, in cases of paranoia).

I have also tried this spray on my feet before/after work - I wear the same shoes everyday for 8+ hours (and with black socks, no less) so my feet can get a little... ripe by the end of my shift. This is usually something I prevent pre-socks with peppermint/tea tree/lavender/etc. scented foot lotions, but if I'm in a rush I'll just spritz with Crystal. I does help to prevent foot odor - doesn't work any miracles but the smell is definitely weaker and less unpleasant that w/o. I have tried it *after* work when I didn't have the ability to wash my feet before going out and it took away the *feet* smell... but left a scent more like vinegar. So not great for that.

All in all, not a fantastic stand alone product but a staple in my cabinet as a much-loved supplement to other deodorizing methods.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to live in a tropical country where it is almost impossible to not sweat 24/7. Where there is sweat, BO follows. I hated the commercialized deodorant cz they either stain my armpit, smells funky/too chemically, wont hold my BO for long if I sweat a lot. After much research online, i came across this in the stick form and while it did work, I just don't have the time to get it wet and apply it and I had to wait for it to dry completely on my armpit and on the stick. So i eventually gave up cz the hassle was too much for a busy student like me. And then this gem came into the picture. Genius! easy to apply. Very cheap. Doesn't have any scent so it won't interfere with your perfume or body lotion. Wont stop you sweating but takes the BO away. We are not suppose to stop our body from releasing the sweat. The sweat is good ladies, but the bacteria that lives in the sweat is the one that causes BO. So let your body do its thing, and control your BO with this baby. I got this from iHerb for $2.86. They ship worldwide. I live in Melbourne now and I got my order in a week so shipping was really fast! Use my referral code VMB497 and you'll save $5 for orders below $40 or $10 for orders over $40 for your first order!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It just works ... you still sweat, because it's not an anti-perspirant, but you don't smell like anything! Totally hypo-allergenic, too. I also spray it in my shoes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been back and forth on natural deo since previously being an SA at Lush, but for about the last six months I switched back to an aluminium kind as I walk a lot to get to University etc and I end up smelling bad, so bad that I ruin some of my shirts. I've been using a Dove aerosol (the Limited Edition Breast Cancer Pink one - which I LOVE the smell of). But I've just been worried about the chemical load on my body again. Seeing it's summer time I have an office job so I've decided to use this during the week when I really don't sweat at all. So far so good, only used it once (today) although I've been through a couple bottles in the past - I think my only qualm with this is that it can't sustain any more than an office job or a really light activity. If I can get away with less chemical load on my body during the working week, I'll be happy.

Edit 10/02/12: I smelled gross today, not sweaty, more musty, but I didn't like it! Sorry will have to lower my rating. Back to chemicals in the meantime.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by linthalaa

I don't use this product as a deodorant, i use it for cleaning my skin to prevent spots in my neck and shoulders. It works perfectly, i love it!!!

If you want a $5 discount for your first order on www.iherb.com use the code LOP784 at checkout.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This felt like just spraying plain water on my underarms. There didn't seem to be anything else to help it dry or adhere to the skin. I'd spray it on and it would just dribble down my underarm. In the end , the spray would take so long to dry that I'd end up wiping it off before it could dry. I've used the solid version of this and I prefer that as although it takes a lot of swipes for the solid to be effective, at least it's relatively quicker and I don't have to wait for it to dry before putting my clothes on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I had to return it because gave me a rash. I may be allergic to mineral salts. It is too watery and drips all over too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by NFerguson

Update: Apparently I've had a deep sinus infection for almost a year and after finishing antibiotics I realize that this doesn't work as well as I thought! I just couldn't smell myself and my loved ones wouldn't tell me I smelled rank. I gave it a 3 because it works better than some other natural products I've tried but just isn't enough after 2-3 hours. How disappointing. I might buy this again but only to layer it with another natural deodorant.
This product works! I don't stink anymore! I've tried both the lavender and chamomile & green tea and they work. Love this product.