July 31, 2014 | 1953 users online

Styling Products - Pantene - Pro-V Curl Shaping Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Raviyoli

I have been using this gel for a few years now. I have very curly hair that tends to be super frizzy, and this gel helps to define my locks, and tame them without leaving flakes or anything. I always use a small amount of curl cream or conditioner before hand, to avoid crunchy and unhealthy-looking hair, and this always finishes my 'do nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by hanako20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have read reviews here for months and it was this product that motivated me to get an account and write a review.
This just doesn't help create defined curls when scrunching my damp hair, first of all. It's just a mess with such a texture that I can't run my fingers through my hair at all - I immediately wanted to rewash my hair each time I tried using this. I can't stand how rough my hair feels, even when using the tiniest amount. I'm looking for something that enhances waves and curls while leaving them touchable. Maybe a mousse will be less intense?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by nivealover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didnt , ind this product. It gave me nice curls, but if I overshot the amount, my hair would turn out greasy. The smell is nice, and it did give me nice curls. But because of the greasies I get from it, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. My hair is long, fine, and there is lots of it. It can get very "puffy" and dry if I don't use the right combination of products to scrunch into my curls. I like using a leave in conditioning spray (Love Aussie Hair Insurence), then this gel to coat all of my hair. It gives it great slip and makes it feel very smooth and soft. I then do a thin layer of a stronger hold gel (Nexxus Exxtra), as this gel isn't hardcore enough to hold my hair. It smells nice, doesn't flake, doesn't make my hair feel dry or sticky. Very nice layerying product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the curls this gives me :) I just wish the packaging wasn't so bad! The product also doesn't last very long. Will not be repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does not weigh down my fine hair. Doesn't leave curls too crunchy. Pretty inexpensive.

CONS: Maybe not quite defining enough on its own (at least for my weak curls.)

ALTERNATES: I now use "Garnier Wonder Wave Wave Perfecting Spray" (or perhaps "Spray it Curly") sprayed into my hand to scrunch my ends with. I then take Suave Captivating Curls Mousse and adore the combo, for very defined but not crunchy curls.