Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Don't Steal My Thunder

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/23/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought it because i dont really have this kind of color in my collection..note that i dont do smokey look that often..
I am asian...so i think this color with my eye color isnt a good combination..but it you have blue eyes or green eyes..i think it will look really beautiful with that..
so you get the white shade, a grayish shade, and a black shade, please note all these shades are shimmery ..
I think the color pigmentation is really great... to me a little goes on a long way.. so i dont think i will ever run out of this product.

on 4/28/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous set if you love that gunmetal look or smokey eye. Simple colors in silver, white, and blackish. This is a great trio you don't need anything else with when creating a nice smoke look.

Very pigmented and not chalky or powdery. Great trio from WNW and to me a must-have for smokey looks.

on 4/20/2014 3:00:00 AM

I'm loving Wet n Wild, but I'm not loving this trio. I like it. To me, a trio should be colors you would use together to eliminate having to carry multiple palettes to get all the shades you want to use. It's a simple white-silver-black trio. The quality of the trio shadows tends to be very good, no chalkiness, good to very good blendability, and true coloring. I don't grab for it often besides using the browbone as an inner crease highlight or a lid color base. The colors don't blend easily without losing pigment.

I found the silver-white browbone color to be very frosty, which works well on the inner corners, and it's very opaque and a strong white base. The eyelid silver is quite frosty, too, but not quite as strong as the browbone color. The black I'm only alright with. It doesn't blend very well and isn't as strong a black as is needed with such shiny and frosty silvers. The browbone color is the only one that stands up to long wear without sharing it's pigment and shine. All the unbroken frost means I won't buy it again.

Hands-down, my favorite of the Color Icon Trios. I fell in love with the gunmetal eyes look years ago, when I saw a softened version in an issue of Seventeen, and this is the greatest eyeshadow pallette for re-creating that look. When it's paired with a black eyeliner, it makes a huge statement.

on 8/1/2013 6:29:00 PM

PRO:
love these eyeshadows, very pigmented, soft and blendable. creates the perfect smokey eye but the silver in this set is blue toned, so people have asked if i am wearing blue when i am not. i use the white in other looks too!

CON:
very flakey so watch your under eye area and the soft powder shatters if dropped!

on 6/12/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am pleasantly surprised with this shadow. For the price it is a great product, the colors are bold and the little brush does a great job creating a smokey eye. The colors don't fade throughout the day either. Perfect for creating an evening look.

on 4/30/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have almost all the wet n wild trio and this one is my second favorite of all.my first one is walking on eggshells. This one have a gorgeous metallic grey that I love. this shadows are very creamy and have a very long lasting. super recommend

on 10/19/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wow. I am crazy impressed with the quality of this trio. I have tons of HE eyeshadows and this applied with such beauty and ease that it tops even some of my very expensive eyeshadows. The black crease shade applied like butter. I don't think I've EVER had a black blend out so easily. SO worth the few bucks!

The colors are nice. I got this since it was pretty cheap and the colors were monochromatic. It's simiilar to my lancome quad colorwise but not quality wise. I lik to use my fingers to apply most products since I'm always in a rush to get ready and let me tell you now, don't ever do that in your entire life. They blend horribly with your fingers. They are highly pigmented and last long though so that's a good thing. Its bst to use a brush but I don't have that time too find one. It's great to use before I go out later in the day however. think I'll stick to my lancome quad however

on 2/25/2012 10:38:00 AM

For a classic, silver and black smokey eye this is perfect and very affordable ($3). The silver and black have a good color payoff and a soft texture, but a little too soft, because it is easy to crack these eyeshadows. The white shadow for some reason is a little chalkier than the other two colors, but still useable. The black comes off very intense, and you have to be careful not to apply too much. The silver is pretty and has a bit of a blue undertone, it's definitely my favorite color in the trio.
The packaging is flimsy and the applicators (sponge & brush) are pretty useless, but you can't expect more from such a cheap product.