Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Don't Steal My Thunder

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/7/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Let me hit you with the trues. When i first started doing my make up back in 2007, this was the first palette i bought, and it single handily launched me into the wet and wild eyeshadow craze. I EASILY hit pan on this within my first year of purchase. this is not an everyday look. this is a dramatic - DONT STEAL MY THUNDER BITCH! look. its dramatic, all eyes are suppose to be on you, and they will be.

Pro
- pigmented, a little goes along way especially with the black
- colours are easy to apply, not chalky and soft
- colours last all night -> this includes all night clubbing.

Con
- this is a 1 trick pony. you can only do one look with this and its going to be dramatic.
- not sure this colour range is for everyone but if you are a brunette or have black hair, this will look good.

If you dont like bold looks, this is not for you.
The best way to apply the eyelid colour is with a sponge. apply everything else with the proper brushes. always use a primer and an eyelid base.

on 2/23/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought it because i dont really have this kind of color in my collection..note that i dont do smokey look that often..
I am asian...so i think this color with my eye color isnt a good combination..but it you have blue eyes or green eyes..i think it will look really beautiful with that..
so you get the white shade, a grayish shade, and a black shade, please note all these shades are shimmery ..
I think the color pigmentation is really great... to me a little goes on a long way.. so i dont think i will ever run out of this product.

on 4/28/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous set if you love that gunmetal look or smokey eye. Simple colors in silver, white, and blackish. This is a great trio you don't need anything else with when creating a nice smoke look.

Very pigmented and not chalky or powdery. Great trio from WNW and to me a must-have for smokey looks.

on 4/20/2014 3:00:00 AM

I'm loving Wet n Wild, but I'm not loving this trio. I like it. To me, a trio should be colors you would use together to eliminate having to carry multiple palettes to get all the shades you want to use. It's a simple white-silver-black trio. The quality of the trio shadows tends to be very good, no chalkiness, good to very good blendability, and true coloring. I don't grab for it often besides using the browbone as an inner crease highlight or a lid color base. The colors don't blend easily without losing pigment.

I found the silver-white browbone color to be very frosty, which works well on the inner corners, and it's very opaque and a strong white base. The eyelid silver is quite frosty, too, but not quite as strong as the browbone color. The black I'm only alright with. It doesn't blend very well and isn't as strong a black as is needed with such shiny and frosty silvers. The browbone color is the only one that stands up to long wear without sharing it's pigment and shine. All the unbroken frost means I won't buy it again.

Hands-down, my favorite of the Color Icon Trios. I fell in love with the gunmetal eyes look years ago, when I saw a softened version in an issue of Seventeen, and this is the greatest eyeshadow pallette for re-creating that look. When it's paired with a black eyeliner, it makes a huge statement.

on 8/1/2013 6:29:00 PM

PRO:
love these eyeshadows, very pigmented, soft and blendable. creates the perfect smokey eye but the silver in this set is blue toned, so people have asked if i am wearing blue when i am not. i use the white in other looks too!

CON:
very flakey so watch your under eye area and the soft powder shatters if dropped!

on 6/12/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am pleasantly surprised with this shadow. For the price it is a great product, the colors are bold and the little brush does a great job creating a smokey eye. The colors don't fade throughout the day either. Perfect for creating an evening look.

on 4/30/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have almost all the wet n wild trio and this one is my second favorite of all.my first one is walking on eggshells. This one have a gorgeous metallic grey that I love. this shadows are very creamy and have a very long lasting. super recommend

on 10/19/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wow. I am crazy impressed with the quality of this trio. I have tons of HE eyeshadows and this applied with such beauty and ease that it tops even some of my very expensive eyeshadows. The black crease shade applied like butter. I don't think I've EVER had a black blend out so easily. SO worth the few bucks!

The colors are nice. I got this since it was pretty cheap and the colors were monochromatic. It's simiilar to my lancome quad colorwise but not quality wise. I lik to use my fingers to apply most products since I'm always in a rush to get ready and let me tell you now, don't ever do that in your entire life. They blend horribly with your fingers. They are highly pigmented and last long though so that's a good thing. Its bst to use a brush but I don't have that time too find one. It's great to use before I go out later in the day however. think I'll stick to my lancome quad however