April 18, 2014 | 1313 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner Intense Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so happy they reformulated these eyeliners. The older version was waterproof and it was hard, tugged at your lids while applying and was impossible to use on your inner rim (and I happen to prefer that look to lining outside). The Intense Plum shade is a very rich, dark purple with blue undertones. It is not a bright, vibrant purple, but more of one that looks almost black, but is clearly purple when it catches the light. The formula is creamy and goes on very smoothly. I have not ever had a problem with it wearing off quickly. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past 20 years I've mainly used MAC eyeshadows but noticed that I get itchy dry patch on the outside corners of my eyes. So I had to find something that was more or less hypoallergenic. This is the first liner of any other product I have tried besides MAC Carbon I had used before.

First of all, I like that the Quickliner doesn't need sharpening since i always feel that's wasting product. Plus I normally make a thicker line only at 1/3 of the outside corners so I don't need a sharp tip, then I smudge a bit. This liner is fairly soft and goes on fairly smoothly. I do notice that the color wears away after a few hours especially if I'm very active. The color is a nice dark bluish-purple with no shimmer. My eyelid is slowly getting better (not dry & peeling) now that I've switched to Clinique! I would repurchase because it's gentle on my lids and I'm afraid of trying other brand lest they make my lids dry & itchy. I might also try other hypoallergenic brands in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, hooded & oily eyes (double whammy)!

Update 7/3/13: When I use a more emoillent eye cream, this smudges from my upper water line. :(

Original:
I got this as an extra in swap, and I could not figure out why this Quickliner was not smudging on me as it had in the past. I was loving the color, doing some awesome upper tightlining as well as smudging out on the upper eye, and it wasn't moving after a full day. What gives?!

Then when I checked the Sephora page and noticed there are 2 versions of Quickliner... get the INTENSE! For the past 2 wks, I don't even touch my BB gel liners nor my UD or Tina Tarantino pencils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, the color is gorgeous. A rich plum purple with metallic shimmer in it. Problem is that it does not make a smooth line nor stay on at all. It chunks off as the day goes by.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by RIX

I have just purchased the new quickliner intense after running out of quickliner in violet. I had seen an ad for the new le liners and wanted to try. I have uses the liner twice and both times I found my eyes reacted badly, very.watery and runny. I only use quickliner a to outline my lower lash line and have never experienced a reaction using the normal violet shade. I love the pigment and longevity of the plum liner but if after a couple more uses I am still reacting badly I will go back to my usual quick liner. Try for a deeper more.intense look but watch out for eye irritation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by keylimeyum

The color is really "intense" but if you have oily lids it will run and give you raccoon eyes. I use it lightly so it won't smear so much. It's the only product i have found that will actually still have some color where i put it after a few hours, but its not a HG, justa it will have to do for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by StefieJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the new limited edition quickliners that are part of the fall trend for Clinique. The shade is "intense plum". In my opinion, these quickliners are far superior to the regular quickliners. I'm not sure if they reformulated them, but they are vibrant and creamy. Very reminiscent of the creamshapers in texture, but with better pigmentation to them.

The shade 'intense plum' is a great deep dark purple color. There is no noticable shimmer to it. Darker than starry plum cream shaper, and more intense than the violet and other purple quickliners.

Amazing texture, only downfall is I hate the packaging. It's an automatic pencil, so you can't sharpen it into a point.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No