October 23, 2014 | 1428 users online

Hair Color - Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by DeidreD

This review is for one of the newer colors in the Age Beautiful line: 3b Darkest Blue. The color turned out absolutely beautiful. I was going from a very light ash-platinum color, so to make sure the color was even and stayed in my hair I used a protein filler beforehand. Over my bleached hair, the color turned out exactly like the swatch. However, on my light brown/dark blonde roots, the color did turn out slightly darker. I only left it in for 15 minutes. This color DOES bleed when you get your hair wet, and will stain so just be careful. As far as damage goes, my hair was damaged before from over-processing but I haven't noticed any further damage since using this dye. It is hard to find such a vibrant color in a permanent formula so I was very excited to find this color at Sally's. Age Beautiful did a wonderful job on this shade!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by kalinasmith

I have a mixture of lightish brown and darkish brown hair and since the lady at sallys recommend me this i decided to give this a try. I tried out the dark golden brown and i came out wih HORRIABLE results! This product turned my hair an bright orange, i will never try this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkMartiniAZ

I don't think I'm going to go back to store bought color in a box again. I went to Sally's and one of the women working there had quite a bit of knowledge and based on all the information I gave her about my hair and what I wanted to achieve she steered me to the Age Beautiful. The color I chose was the 3N Darkest Brown permanent creme and I used 20 volume. The color was perfect! People say this brand pulls darker but mine matched the swatch in the store and was exactly the dark brown I wanted. I usually use Revlon Colorsilk in the Brown/Black color. The smell of this stuff seemed more mild than box color which was nice. The color seemed even and covered my gray strands. I left it in 35 min. My hair feels soft. I am curious to see how this will last and the state of my hair. Box store bought brands are really starting to take a toll on my hair which is why I switched to this now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

O.k., sports fans -- here's what I did: I bought 9N with the 20 vol. developer. I loved how conditioned my hair felt afterward, but the color was a bit too warm/gold for my coloring (I was trying to find a good match for my natural color, which is dark blonde/light honey brown). My hair seemed to pull red, even though 9N is a neutral shade. However, the color didn't look at all unnatural -- just not what I was going for. Second time, I mixed 1 oz. 9N (light blonde) and 1 oz. 9A (light ash blonde) with 2 oz. of the 20 vol., left it on for 30 mins, and it came out perfectly! It's very close to my natural color. My hair is so fine and thin...I dye it to rough it up a bit and give it some volume. After I got the base shade I was after, I added lighter blonde highlights using Revlon Frost & Glow all over my crown (left on @ 12 mins.). Granted this whole process took the better part of a couple hours, but it cost me a small fraction of what I would pay at a salon (and the result is better, in my opinion!). My hair looks great. Age Beautiful is a terrific line and I will never buy the boxed stuff at the drugstore again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mirandamariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After dying my hair half blonde to dark purple, to red even the blue black garnier box dye which would wash out quickly, I finally found a jet black hair dye that works for me! I wash my hair pretty much everyday because it's so oily, so everything would wash out completely within 2 weeks. Even though it's grey coverage (I don't have any grey hairs yet) it was great. The girl at Sallys recommended it to me because of the different color options and I'm glad she did! It did dry my hair out a little, but after using my Aussie leave in conditioner in for about 5 minutes my hair felt amazing! The smell wasn't too bad, and all it took was about 30 minutes. I get a lot of compliments on the color &shine. I recommend thievery to the girls at work, awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been buying L'Oreal color & developer from Sally's for years, but I tried this in hopes that it would be less damaging to my hair. I love this brand! As others have said, the shades don't exactly correspond to L'Oreal. My natural color is "dirty blond," and the first time I used this I bought "9G Light Golden Blonde" and 30 Volume developer (also Age Beautiful brand), which is what I did w/ L'Oreal. It darkened my hair back to my natural, but I loved how soft and shiny it was.

When it was time to color again, I bought "10G Very Light Golden Blonde" and used it with 30 Vol. developer and left it on for 45 minutes. I got exactly what I wanted -- a beautiful, shiny, golden blonde There is no dryness after coloring and it doesn't smell as bad as the other brands. It feels so much better for my hair. I'm definitely a convert.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical to try this at first since I don't have any gray, but I'm glad I did. I bought 9V which covered the hideous orange that always comes when I lighten my hair. I will buy it again but I'll probably buy 10V or the HLA since this ran a little dark, my hair is a cross between a medium/dark blonde right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Pleased with this product! Covers grays, hair feels soft - not dry, beautiful shine & color & long lasting. One tip- colors seem to run a bit darker in shade. I mix the 7G with 7R. Very pretty sunshine golden brown/ red tone for my fair complexion;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by FairytaleEndings

I use this hair color in 1N Jet Black. My natural hair color is a medium brown. This hair color is absolutely amazing. I mix it in a 1:1 ratio with their 10 vol developer. The thicker consistency of the dye makes application easy, and it doesn't drip everywhere once you apply it. It does have a chemically smell, but what permanent hair color doesn't? At least the smell wasn't overwhelming like some hair dyes.

This hair color does. not. fade. if taken care of well (basically using a sulfate free color care shampoo and avoiding hot oil treatments - easy stuff). It's truly permanent for me. I only need to do a root touch up every 6 weeks, and then comb the rest of the dye through my hair for 5 minutes to freshen it up.

This hair color doesn't dry out my hair (actually, it feels softer after I dye it) and elongates my curls, making them more into waves than curls and reducing frizz. Dyeing my hair makes my hair a lot easier to work with.

I will not dye my hair with anything else. This stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic hair color! Left my hair soft, shiny and conditioned. I'm surprised because hair color of any kind is known to be drying and dulling. This color surprised me! I am completely sold! Better than any salon hair color I've ever had! And my scalp didn't itch or feel irritated at all and I always get itchy after ANY hair color I've used, drugstore brand or salon. But with this color I didn't get the itching at all! I bought the Clear Shine also but haven't used it yet. I'm going to update when I do. Overall this product is not expensive and does wonderful things for aging hair just like it claims. BUY IT!
UPDATE! Ok so I tried the Clear Shine. It left my hair very soft and conditioned. But that's it. There was no shine at all. It actually left my hair a little dull and definitely took away some of the shine that the hair color gave me. So for shine, I would not use Clear Shine again. The hair color gives enough shine so you don't even need to use anything else.