April 16, 2014 | 989 users online

Hair Color - Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been buying L'Oreal color & developer from Sally's for years, but I tried this in hopes that it would be less damaging to my hair. I love this brand! As others have said, the shades don't exactly correspond to L'Oreal. My natural color is "dirty blond," and the first time I used this I bought "9G Light Golden Blonde" and 30 Volume developer (also Age Beautiful brand), which is what I did w/ L'Oreal. It darkened my hair back to my natural, but I loved how soft and shiny it was.

When it was time to color again, I bought "10G Very Light Golden Blonde" and used it with 30 Vol. developer and left it on for 45 minutes. I got exactly what I wanted -- a beautiful, shiny, golden blonde There is no dryness after coloring and it doesn't smell as bad as the other brands. It feels so much better for my hair. I'm definitely a convert.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical to try this at first since I don't have any gray, but I'm glad I did. I bought 9V which covered the hideous orange that always comes when I lighten my hair. I will buy it again but I'll probably buy 10V or the HLA since this ran a little dark, my hair is a cross between a medium/dark blonde right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Pleased with this product! Covers grays, hair feels soft - not dry, beautiful shine & color & long lasting. One tip- colors seem to run a bit darker in shade. I mix the 7G with 7R. Very pretty sunshine golden brown/ red tone for my fair complexion;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by FairytaleEndings

I use this hair color in 1N Jet Black. My natural hair color is a medium brown. This hair color is absolutely amazing. I mix it in a 1:1 ratio with their 10 vol developer. The thicker consistency of the dye makes application easy, and it doesn't drip everywhere once you apply it. It does have a chemically smell, but what permanent hair color doesn't? At least the smell wasn't overwhelming like some hair dyes.

This hair color does. not. fade. if taken care of well (basically using a sulfate free color care shampoo and avoiding hot oil treatments - easy stuff). It's truly permanent for me. I only need to do a root touch up every 6 weeks, and then comb the rest of the dye through my hair for 5 minutes to freshen it up.

This hair color doesn't dry out my hair (actually, it feels softer after I dye it) and elongates my curls, making them more into waves than curls and reducing frizz. Dyeing my hair makes my hair a lot easier to work with.

I will not dye my hair with anything else. This stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic hair color! Left my hair soft, shiny and conditioned. I'm surprised because hair color of any kind is known to be drying and dulling. This color surprised me! I am completely sold! Better than any salon hair color I've ever had! And my scalp didn't itch or feel irritated at all and I always get itchy after ANY hair color I've used, drugstore brand or salon. But with this color I didn't get the itching at all! I bought the Clear Shine also but haven't used it yet. I'm going to update when I do. Overall this product is not expensive and does wonderful things for aging hair just like it claims. BUY IT!
UPDATE! Ok so I tried the Clear Shine. It left my hair very soft and conditioned. But that's it. There was no shine at all. It actually left my hair a little dull and definitely took away some of the shine that the hair color gave me. So for shine, I would not use Clear Shine again. The hair color gives enough shine so you don't even need to use anything else.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mae428

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really disappointed me. I researched this product thoroughly and felt like it would do the job. But then I tried it. I have very dark brown hair (almost black), and have gray roots that I wanted to cover up. I went two shades lighter than my natural color, since everyone on these review boards said the color runs dark. It not only didn't cover my grays, but it faded out after only two weeks. My roots are now a light brown with a reddish tine, which is a stark contrast to the rest of my dark brown hair. This product is a gimmick. Do not waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by NayDway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Age Beautiful demi colors are awesome! It says that it's not good for gray hair that is more than 50% gray...I beg to differ! I have several clients that has a lot of gray and it covers it wonderfully. And the conditioning agents in this product is great. Two thumbs up for this product. Thank you. P.S. Plus it smells delightful ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes it runs dark. I am a level 2 dark brown. Based on the reviews I purchased the 4N. I was a perfect match and no "hot roots" I have been having a problem with this lately. I am getting older and my natural cool toned hair was not complementing my skin anymore. warm and neutral hair color gives me hot roots. This brand is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by merryr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My natural hair color is white (non-pigmented) on the top and sides and gray in the back. The first time I colored my virgin hair I used Age Beautiful PERMANENT (from Sally's Beauty Supply) medium blonde 8N with 30 volume Age Beautiful developer (my pigmented hair pulls red) over all of my hair. This is to fill the hair with the color that is lacking. Neutral has all the colors needed to fill the non-pigmented hair. Also this color is double pigmented so it really covers. UPDATE: Before coloring you virgin hair look at the chart below for the percentage of gray that you have.

UPDATE: Ok, so this comes out too warm for me. I wanted to tone down the gold/yellow. I waited a month or so. So before I colored my hair again I used Neutral Protein Filler (from Sally's Beauty Supply) all over my hair root to end. I followed the directions and I put it in a spray bottle to make application easier. I LET MY HAIR AIR DRY.

I then colored my hair with permanent Age Beautiful medium blonde 8N (neutral) mixed with 8V (violet). I used 25 grams of 8N and 3 grams of 8V. Ratio of color to developer is 1 part to 1 part. I mixed it well and put the color mixture in an applicator bottle with 30 volume developer and did my roots and let that process for 45 minutes.

Toward the end of the 45 minutes (about 20 minutes left) I mixed 25 grams of 8V with 3 grams of 8N and added 10 volume developer in a separate applicator bottle and put it on the shaft and ends and let that process about 15 minutes. I used violet over my existing color because I wanted to tone down or neutralize the gold/yellow (check out hair color wheels on the internet). Violet is the opposite of yellow on the color wheel. I washed my hair with hydrating shampoo and put a deep conditioner on for about 25 minutes. I rinsed and let my hair air dry a little bit, then dried it with a blow dryer and round brush.

The protein filler made my color come out even and my hair feels good and is very shiny. The gold has toned down a lot. Looks better. I will update after I wash my hair a few times. The color comes out a bit darker, but will lighten as I wash it, I chose a lighter color to compensate and I am very happy with the hue. Not too light and not too dark. It is a darker medium blonde.

I almost ran out of color during application so I will make a larger batch next time.

I found this on the internet for formulating color.:

If you only have 0 to 25% gray - Use 90% target color (25 grams) and 10% neutral (3 grams)

If you have 25% to 50% gray - Use 75% target color (21 grams) and 25% neutral (7 grams)

If you have 50% to 75% gray- Use 50% target color (14 grams) and 50% neutral (14 grams)

If you have 75% to 100% gray- Use 25% target color (3 grams) and 75% neutral (25 grams)

These are good basic formulas for using as is, for Increasing or decreasing the amount of color mixture needed depending on the thickness and length of hair, or for tweaking the actual color formula to your taste.

So, I used the 75% to 100% color formulation on my roots and the 0 to 25% color formulation on the shaft and ends. I have a digital kitchen scale that makes measuring easy. I hope this is helpful. My target color was 8V cool medium blonde. I have gotten several compliments on my current color. The best one is "it looks natural".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is wonderful color for any age group. In mid-August I had a social function and did not have time to get my hair done professionally (my last professional color was a disaster, and so I was hesitant.) I went to Sallys at the last minute and while looking at a regular hair color brand I have used in the past, I saw a teenaged girl with a gorgeous blonde hair color which is what I have been wanting my color to be ..... I saw her purchasing Age Beautiful and asked her questions and she gave me such a glowing review, that I figured why not? I have to say that I have used many different brands of hair color from drugstore brands to professional brands and Age Beautiful is my favorite ...... the color is natural looking, does not turn brassy and lasts 4 to 5 weeks, which is great considering that I have dark roots. I choose a blonde shade that is cool-toned and am surprised that I do not have to add color drops to keep it from turning brassy ..... the blonde shade is a true cool-toned and looks absolutely natural. Today I did a retouch and am once again very pleased with my results. I highly recommend Age Beautiful.