November 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Hair Color - Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by RoxR

First time ever using this brand and I can say that I will never buy it again... I've dyed my hair black before and never had it faded... After two weeks my hair has faded back to what it was before... Very disappointed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I love this stuff! I switched to hair dye like this after a disastrous run-in with boxed color. Thank goodness I tried this! I tried to bleach my hair with some stuff I picked up at Walgreens and my hair ended up orange and yellow! Thanks to the salesperson at Sally's Beauty supply, I decided to grab Blonde Brilliance toner in Ash and Age Beautiful dye in Light Ash Blonde. It looks fantastic and all of the yucky brassy color is gone. I am really impressed with how nourished my hair is. Especially compared to how brittle and straw-like my hair was after using boxed color. My hair is shiny, soft, and best of all it is a gorgeous color. Absolutely recommend this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jennnl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this hair color! I use 5N it's true to color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just dyed my hair with the Age Beautiful hair dye in the color Jet Black and also used the Age Beautiful 20 volume developer. The smell of both products together is pretty powerful, I must say its probably the strongest smell of chemicals that I have ever used from box to professional hair dye. But, the smell is worth it in the end because this hair dye is amazing. I left it on my roots for 30 mins and ran the rest of the product through my already dark brown hair for the last 10 mins. My hair does not take color very well, even though I am young (20) so that's why I opt for Age Beautiful because its for resistant hair and gray hair. I have thin-medium hair and it says right on the back of the box, only for thin-medium hair type. Usually when I dye my hair, my hair falls out in small clumps in the shower, but with this hair dye it didn't. After I let my hair air dry, I felt my hair and it feels as healthy as it was before. There is absolutely NO damage to my hair whatsoever, I am really quite shocked. After I dye my hair, I usually have to go for a trim because my ends just cant take it. With this hair dye.. I can totally go another couple months without a trim! I suggest doing the process that I did for my hair first and when you need to dye it again, only use permanent dye on your roots and demi-permanent on the rest of your hair to avoid damage each time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by DeidreD

This review is for one of the newer colors in the Age Beautiful line: 3b Darkest Blue. The color turned out absolutely beautiful. I was going from a very light ash-platinum color, so to make sure the color was even and stayed in my hair I used a protein filler beforehand. Over my bleached hair, the color turned out exactly like the swatch. However, on my light brown/dark blonde roots, the color did turn out slightly darker. I only left it in for 15 minutes. This color DOES bleed when you get your hair wet, and will stain so just be careful. As far as damage goes, my hair was damaged before from over-processing but I haven't noticed any further damage since using this dye. It is hard to find such a vibrant color in a permanent formula so I was very excited to find this color at Sally's. Age Beautiful did a wonderful job on this shade!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by kalinasmith

I have a mixture of lightish brown and darkish brown hair and since the lady at sallys recommend me this i decided to give this a try. I tried out the dark golden brown and i came out wih HORRIABLE results! This product turned my hair an bright orange, i will never try this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkMartiniAZ

I don't think I'm going to go back to store bought color in a box again. I went to Sally's and one of the women working there had quite a bit of knowledge and based on all the information I gave her about my hair and what I wanted to achieve she steered me to the Age Beautiful. The color I chose was the 3N Darkest Brown permanent creme and I used 20 volume. The color was perfect! People say this brand pulls darker but mine matched the swatch in the store and was exactly the dark brown I wanted. I usually use Revlon Colorsilk in the Brown/Black color. The smell of this stuff seemed more mild than box color which was nice. The color seemed even and covered my gray strands. I left it in 35 min. My hair feels soft. I am curious to see how this will last and the state of my hair. Box store bought brands are really starting to take a toll on my hair which is why I switched to this now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

O.k., sports fans -- here's what I did: I bought 9N with the 20 vol. developer. I loved how conditioned my hair felt afterward, but the color was a bit too warm/gold for my coloring (I was trying to find a good match for my natural color, which is dark blonde/light honey brown). My hair seemed to pull red, even though 9N is a neutral shade. However, the color didn't look at all unnatural -- just not what I was going for. Second time, I mixed 1 oz. 9N (light blonde) and 1 oz. 9A (light ash blonde) with 2 oz. of the 20 vol., left it on for 30 mins, and it came out perfectly! It's very close to my natural color. My hair is so fine and thin...I dye it to rough it up a bit and give it some volume. After I got the base shade I was after, I added lighter blonde highlights using Revlon Frost & Glow all over my crown (left on @ 12 mins.). Granted this whole process took the better part of a couple hours, but it cost me a small fraction of what I would pay at a salon (and the result is better, in my opinion!). My hair looks great. Age Beautiful is a terrific line and I will never buy the boxed stuff at the drugstore again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mirandamariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After dying my hair half blonde to dark purple, to red even the blue black garnier box dye which would wash out quickly, I finally found a jet black hair dye that works for me! I wash my hair pretty much everyday because it's so oily, so everything would wash out completely within 2 weeks. Even though it's grey coverage (I don't have any grey hairs yet) it was great. The girl at Sallys recommended it to me because of the different color options and I'm glad she did! It did dry my hair out a little, but after using my Aussie leave in conditioner in for about 5 minutes my hair felt amazing! The smell wasn't too bad, and all it took was about 30 minutes. I get a lot of compliments on the color &shine. I recommend thievery to the girls at work, awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been buying L'Oreal color & developer from Sally's for years, but I tried this in hopes that it would be less damaging to my hair. I love this brand! As others have said, the shades don't exactly correspond to L'Oreal. My natural color is "dirty blond," and the first time I used this I bought "9G Light Golden Blonde" and 30 Volume developer (also Age Beautiful brand), which is what I did w/ L'Oreal. It darkened my hair back to my natural, but I loved how soft and shiny it was.

When it was time to color again, I bought "10G Very Light Golden Blonde" and used it with 30 Vol. developer and left it on for 45 minutes. I got exactly what I wanted -- a beautiful, shiny, golden blonde There is no dryness after coloring and it doesn't smell as bad as the other brands. It feels so much better for my hair. I'm definitely a convert.