December 20, 2014 | 1480 users online

Hair Color - Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by magpie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm very happy with this hair color brand. I purchased the 4V Dark Plum Brown from Sally's with their Volume 20 developer. I have dark brown hair, and normally get my hair colored professionally but I'm trying to save a few (actually it ends up saving me nearly $80 per home application) bucks in between trims. I previously had my hair professionally colored a dark brown with a plum hue, but the plum tones didn't turn out as noticeably as I had hoped, and it seemed to fade quicker than normal which is expected. So I figured, 4 weeks after my last coloring, I'll try this one out myself after it was recommended by an employee at Sally's. I could not be more happy with this color. The purple tones in this dye are vibrant, subtle enough to be acceptable in my corporate work environment, but just noticeable enough. I may add some more purple to my ends with the Ion Purple semi-permanent color. But overall, this color is gorgeous and you can really see the richness and color (especially against a black shirt, good lighting, etc.). I was shocked when I could totally notice the plum color under my office's fluorescent lights (normally I cannot see any color difference under these horrible lights) nor could I see my previous professional color job under these lights, so I am very happy! It is obviously a more tedious task to have to color your hair at home, especially when coloring the back of your head, but if I can save $80 every month/month-and-a-half, I'm sorry but I will. Now I just hope my hairdresser doesn't get offended! Another tip, I normally leave hair color on for 20 minutes, but I actually followed through with the directions and left on for 30 minutes (actually close to 40) because I saw the color developing into something amazing. I had patch tested a spot the night before and it pulled a more reddish hue, but I only left it on for about 20 minutes. So if you have a dark hair and want a gorgeous, rich, truly plum color with subtle burgundy highlights, definitely spend the 5 or 6 dollars on this stuff. I also used a tube and a half because I have long, curly hair - one full tube was enough for about 3/4 of my roots.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by maryannemiles

I've been coloring my hair to get rid of grey for about 4 years. My color is naturally very dark brown with red undertones, and I am not looking to change the color..just get rid of greys. I started out using drugstore dyes and found they either had no red undertones, too much red, faded fairly quickly, were irritating...and just smelled horrible. Getting my hair done at a salon just seemed expensive. I read some reviews on Sally's website and decided to give Age Beautiful a try, and I am sssoooo glad I did!! I use color 4R in the creme formula with 20 developer. I also grab a packet of the Age Beautiful hair conditioner which is usually good for two to three uses. I used a different color the fist time, 4RM, and decided it didn't have enough red so went with 4R and the color is perfect! This odor of this dye is much lesd harsh than the drugstore dyes, and I have never had any irritation. The conditioner in the packet makes my hair very shiney and silky! I love it! The color does not fade. I only need to touch up new growth. I love this brand of hair color!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by DevineSecret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 3 years. I used Matrix before that for many years and I like the Age Beautiful much better. My hair is about 85% grey/silver and it covers everyone of them and doesn't fade. I use 10G and 9N mixed with 20 Volume and leave it for 1 hour. I get compliments on my hair all the time and it looks and feels so healthy. The color does not have any bad or strong odor like some color. I like using the liquid rather than the tube because its easier for me to do by myself and I feel it penetrates the greys better. I'm very happy with this product but I have to mention that I was very disappointed by the Age Beautiful shampoo, conditioner and styling aids.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by RoxR

First time ever using this brand and I can say that I will never buy it again... I've dyed my hair black before and never had it faded... After two weeks my hair has faded back to what it was before... Very disappointed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I love this stuff! I switched to hair dye like this after a disastrous run-in with boxed color. Thank goodness I tried this! I tried to bleach my hair with some stuff I picked up at Walgreens and my hair ended up orange and yellow! Thanks to the salesperson at Sally's Beauty supply, I decided to grab Blonde Brilliance toner in Ash and Age Beautiful dye in Light Ash Blonde. It looks fantastic and all of the yucky brassy color is gone. I am really impressed with how nourished my hair is. Especially compared to how brittle and straw-like my hair was after using boxed color. My hair is shiny, soft, and best of all it is a gorgeous color. Absolutely recommend this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jennnl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this hair color! I use 5N it's true to color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just dyed my hair with the Age Beautiful hair dye in the color Jet Black and also used the Age Beautiful 20 volume developer. The smell of both products together is pretty powerful, I must say its probably the strongest smell of chemicals that I have ever used from box to professional hair dye. But, the smell is worth it in the end because this hair dye is amazing. I left it on my roots for 30 mins and ran the rest of the product through my already dark brown hair for the last 10 mins. My hair does not take color very well, even though I am young (20) so that's why I opt for Age Beautiful because its for resistant hair and gray hair. I have thin-medium hair and it says right on the back of the box, only for thin-medium hair type. Usually when I dye my hair, my hair falls out in small clumps in the shower, but with this hair dye it didn't. After I let my hair air dry, I felt my hair and it feels as healthy as it was before. There is absolutely NO damage to my hair whatsoever, I am really quite shocked. After I dye my hair, I usually have to go for a trim because my ends just cant take it. With this hair dye.. I can totally go another couple months without a trim! I suggest doing the process that I did for my hair first and when you need to dye it again, only use permanent dye on your roots and demi-permanent on the rest of your hair to avoid damage each time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by DeidreD

This review is for one of the newer colors in the Age Beautiful line: 3b Darkest Blue. The color turned out absolutely beautiful. I was going from a very light ash-platinum color, so to make sure the color was even and stayed in my hair I used a protein filler beforehand. Over my bleached hair, the color turned out exactly like the swatch. However, on my light brown/dark blonde roots, the color did turn out slightly darker. I only left it in for 15 minutes. This color DOES bleed when you get your hair wet, and will stain so just be careful. As far as damage goes, my hair was damaged before from over-processing but I haven't noticed any further damage since using this dye. It is hard to find such a vibrant color in a permanent formula so I was very excited to find this color at Sally's. Age Beautiful did a wonderful job on this shade!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by kalinasmith

I have a mixture of lightish brown and darkish brown hair and since the lady at sallys recommend me this i decided to give this a try. I tried out the dark golden brown and i came out wih HORRIABLE results! This product turned my hair an bright orange, i will never try this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkMartiniAZ

I don't think I'm going to go back to store bought color in a box again. I went to Sally's and one of the women working there had quite a bit of knowledge and based on all the information I gave her about my hair and what I wanted to achieve she steered me to the Age Beautiful. The color I chose was the 3N Darkest Brown permanent creme and I used 20 volume. The color was perfect! People say this brand pulls darker but mine matched the swatch in the store and was exactly the dark brown I wanted. I usually use Revlon Colorsilk in the Brown/Black color. The smell of this stuff seemed more mild than box color which was nice. The color seemed even and covered my gray strands. I left it in 35 min. My hair feels soft. I am curious to see how this will last and the state of my hair. Box store bought brands are really starting to take a toll on my hair which is why I switched to this now.