October 25, 2014 | 1818 users online

Powder - Too Faced - AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder.

Pros: Minimizes pores even with no primer on (just moisturizer) & it settles into my skin well. Feels light.
Cons: Too expensive, too little product (I hit the pan a month after using this), not enough coverage.

I use this powder every day because it is good at evening out my skin tone and has SPF. However, I would enjoy it better if it could be a little less expensive. I have to put on a lot of powder to get any coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by lvrgurl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a nice foundation powder however the product itself is not enough coverage as a full foundation. Also it runs out too quick i used it for about 1 week and i could already see the lines of the bottom of the compact. Not worth the $32

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so fed up with drugstore powders I decided to splurge. Got this in the palest Vanilla available at Ulta. It was almost $40, so I hoped it would be awesome.

What I want in a powder: matte finish (no shine, sparkle, or grease), relatively good staying powder (not slipping off, caking up, separating, etc. by hour 4, for example), and doesn't break me out. That's actually three really hard things for a powder to do.

This looks gorgeous over tinted moisturizer (e.g., Stila oil-free TM). It's very fine and looks very natural after it kind of sinks in. Worn that way, it's not really "matte" but it's pretty ok at not making me look like a greasy mess. Of course, touch-ups are always necessary (for me), especially in a 10-hour Memphis summer day.

However, I hardly ever wear TM or foundation, and I really wanted something that would give medium coverage alone (over SPF moisturizer...right now I use CeraVe AM). So today I tried it alone (after some Laura Geller Real Deal concealer over my healing blemishes). Eh...it's still very natural looking. Not super matte. Not a "made up" look. Very dimensional and luminous. But the problem is...I can't tell if that's just my skin underneath (which has been improving since a switch to CeraVe, effective SA products, and mild BP)...or if this powder actually has anything to do with it.

I guess what I'm saying is, this is a super expensive finishing powder. I really like the natural finish, but I almost wonder if I'm spending $34 to look like I would anyway. Since I'm on a budget (kind of), I don't think I can afford to throw this on just for kicks.

Went to Sephora today and found their Sephora 8 hr Mattifying Compact Foundation for $22. It's cheaper and gives much, MUCH better coverage alone. So maybe one day I'll come back to you, Too Faced powder--one day when I can afford to throw money out the window just to feel expensively pretty...but for now, I'll go with the $22 stuff that actually provides coverage.

A 3.5 product for me. (I might try it again over foundation/TM for special occasions if I can't return it.)

PS the package is a pain to open and close...the latch is really tightly locked.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by KristaMK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product!! I was using Bare Minerals foundation, but this works 10x better for my skin (oily and fair). This does a much better job at minimizing pores (even without primer) than the Bare Minerals. Gives a nice, porcelain finish. I do get a little shiny by afternoon, but nothing that a blotting tissue won't fix. A keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Wasan134

This is my HG powder. I have combination/sensitive skin and this is the best powder i've ever come across in terms of coverage and oil control and it lasts for a pretty long time without the need for touch up. Totally recommending it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Wakie

I have no idea what possessed me to buy a powder foundation, just looking for something new, I guess. Anyhow, I think this is a great product, and I will definitely repurchase. I have pale, combination skin with red areas around my nose, and this with a dab of concealer makes my complexion flawless but natural looking. It is easy to apply with a brush, but even the sponge it comes with works ok. I can even do touch ups with my finger during the day.
It has cut down the time it takes me to get ready -- it is very easy to blend and there is no chance of leaving a 'line'. (Easy for me to leave a line at my jaw or nose as I just do not function well in the mornings :-) As well, I don't need to carry or use a separate setting powder anymore. With liquid foundation, even good oil-free ones, I was powdering after just a few hours of wear as my nose and chin get oily. With this product, I don't need a touch up until the afternoon! I have not found it to cake, at all. It's smooth on my skin and no negative reactions. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best face powder I've used in my life! I am in the shade Warm Vanilla, which is just light and yellow enough for my skin. Although it's pricey (I bought it at Sephora for $32), it lasts a long time and a little goes a long way (I use it daily and it lasts about 6 months). This is perfect for touchups throught the day, for soaking up the oil on my face. The powder is very finely milled and pigmented. This is great if you need full coverage (it covers most of my acne scars).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I use it in conjunction with the Too Faced BB cream and they're amazing together. I'm 19, so the MUA at Sephora recommended it to me because she said Too Faced caters to younger girls. I use it as a finishing powder everyday and I love the matte finish. I don't usually wear powder alone, but I tried it with this one and I liked the results. It actually evened out my skin tone and maybe I'll start skipping BB cream some days. Its probably the prettiest make up product I own in terms of packaging. Its priced at $32 which sucks but its not horrible, especially for such a good high end product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great finishing powder that really sets my makeup and locks everything in. This is the ultimate finishing step to my makeup routine and i absolutely love putting it on.
Has not caused any breakouts, does not cause shininess, and absorbs well into skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cailys

This was my first really good foundation, properly matched to my skin and everything, and I love it. I have pretty oily skin, so powder foundation was a good way for me to control oil without needing to add separate powder. It doesn't give quite as good coverage as a liquid or cream would, but it definitely evens out skin tone. It can be a little cakey if you aren't careful in application (I would recommend using a kabuki brush to apply instead of the sponge that comes with), plus it kind of sticks to the fine hairs on my face. It is a little pricey, although not horrible. I am currently using Maybelline Mineral Sheers Pressed Powder as a substitute, but when I have money again, I will probably switch back to Too Faced.