Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour - Cafe Au Lait

3.8

on 9/24/2013 3:15:00 AM

Matte medium brown shade which works well in the crease especially when applied with the pony tail crease brush which I love. I usually layer LM cognac on top for a night out but the cafe au lait, smashbox alabaster and some other LM eyeshadows I have from a set look great for a natural work look. Long lasting and goes on the same colour as in the pan. Pricey but worth it.

on 8/12/2012 10:17:00 PM

I love this color, it's a matte mid-tone brown. It works well blended into the crease for a neutral look or as an eyeliner. Lasts a long time and great quality.

on 8/13/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's matte brown. And I think it is dry and too powdery as compared to, say, Chanel, which has a very smooth feel and even the browns have a little kick. I imagine some women will like it for a crease color but there are better browns and better products for less money. Very disappointing. In fact, I'm pretty unhappy with several LM products. Maybe I am in the wrong demographic or have the wrong skin type but I'm just not feeling it. For these prices, I want a little more wow factor and better formulas.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this as a crease shade. I use it with my LM Crease Brush (a fabulous brush btw). It is not an overly obvious shde, and blends very well into my skin. It is described as "neutral-caramel-beige". I don't know if I'm getting as much caramel from this as I would like. In comparison to BB Camel, the Camel seems more caramel-colored to me.