Nivea Happy Time Body Lotion

on 3/28/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this product because of nostalgic I might be a little bias. I used this lotion the summer I met my BF so it really brings back good memories.
I will say that this lotion does make me feel happy and more positive during the dreary and depressing colder months. ladypamela1 has written, it never really sets on the skin and makes it feel wet and sticky. The texture of this almost reminds me of aloe vera in that it takes a healthy 5 minutes to set, and even then, it feels wet and almost like another layer of skin..but sticky skin. It adds moisture to my skin, but not enough for winter; this is defiantly a summer product. The smell is like creamy oranges...on my skin and it smells flesh-like, almost like my own skin; not a bad thing. Make sure you smell this before you buy it.
I've heard that this product is being discontinued (the whole 'happy time' line) so if you're interested I would get my hands on it soon.
Unfortunately, this only comes in one size here in Canada which is a big 625 ml bottle (with a pump). This cost me less than $10 at RCSS and it was not on sale at the time.
Would I repurchase? Probably not as this is a huuuuge container and I won't finish it until next year.
Overall: I like it....I think there are better things out there, but I don't regret my purchase and I am more than happy (see what I did there...:)) to finish it.
***Important: One MASSIVE positive point this has is that it doesn't irritate my skin. The skin on my legs does this strange thing where it turns red and starts to burn when I put lotion on it. If I apply lotion right after I shower, there is no problem. The day I bought this I hesitantly tried this on my legs (mid-day...not after a shower) and I was so surprised that it didn't irritate my skin!!

on 10/29/2013 2:31:00 PM

It leaves your skin feeling sticky whether used on dry skin or just out of shower. I let this live in my cabinet for a while, forcing myself to use it from time to time and failed. Cheap, sweet scent that lingers and no moisturization whatsoever. Finally tossed in the trash.

on 9/23/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my newest body lotion and I like it quite a bit.
The packaging is standard plastic bottle with flip top but quite sleek as well. Nothing luxurious but that was to be expected for the price of 5 euros. Contains 250ml of lotion.
The lotion itself smells exactly like orange creamsicle. Unmistakably orange but sweet and creamy, not tart and zesty. A bit artificial as well but still pleasant. It's not strong but lingers for a while.
The texture is runny and non-sticky. Absorbs instantly and feels light and fresh. Mildly moisturizing as well, so if you have even remotely dry-ish skin look elsewere.
I'm pleased with it personally but I don't consider it a staple.

on 3/6/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Average lotion. I live in a humid country but I do need lotion sometime. this one is too slick for my taste, and not liking the smell. I don't have the usual joy when the lotion spread smoothly on my skin as with other lotion.

on 7/27/2012 5:14:00 PM

I've had a bottle of this on my desk for a while now, and while the scent is okay, the moisturizing properties of it leave something to be desired. I really prefer Curel as a hand lotion, and Body Shop body butters for the rest. As someone who handles a lot of paper (hello, crappy cuticles and peeling nails! My favorite! :/ ) I need something more intensive. Meh!

on 10/9/2010 3:26:00 PM

I love love love moisturisers, I have vey dry skin and if I dont moisturise daily, my skin splits and bleeds, even in the summer (not a good look). I have bought this again and again, use it with the shower gel. A real wake up in the morning, smell doesnt last long, but that is what perfume is for!!!
I use this when my skin is damp, I feel if I use this when my skin is dry its a bit sticky. Will use every summer, but swap to a body butter for the winter.

on 9/5/2010 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like to try out different body lotions all the time. Some of the body lotions are sticky and thick. I can say I absolutely love this body lotion! It's smooth, absorbing, leaves skin soft. Skin just feels so good! Defenitely gonna buy it again =)

on 7/24/2010 10:22:00 AM

I am living in Germany at the moment (but will return to the U.S. shortly) where I discovered the body lotion to match my favorite shower gel "Nivea Happy Time". It's great moisturizing, yet quickly absorbed by your skin and leaves your skin soft and smooth plus the great scent lingers around a little longer, which you probably already know from the shower gel. Also, it's pretty inexpensive and just as good as more expensive brands. I will be going back to repurchase again and again!!

Popular Lotions / Creams