September 30, 2014 | 1909 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - HiP Metallic Duo - Charged #910

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been trying to find this particular duo shadow for some time. I've been hearing about it online and on Allure.com they mentioned this shade to recreate Penelope Cruz's cover look on their magazine.

I was finally able to get it at my local RiteAid. I don't know if they are discontinuing these eye shadows or not, but they are quite difficult to find. I was hoping that these two metallic shadow colors would live up to what I heard. I wouldn't normally buy these Hip eye shadow duos, because they are quite intense colors. But this combination of a rich bronzy copper and lustrous gold was just what I wanted. It's very flattering to my green eyes and NW20 skin.

I must say that the eye shadows are intensely pigmented and go on beautifully. I had no problem applying them. I used my usual primer, Mac Painterly Paint Pot, which I use for all my eye shadows. The darker rust copper shade is gorgeous as a lid color. I used it up to the crease and then added some basic deep brown eye shadows from my MAC and NYX collection. I then lined this same copper shade on the lower eye, right on the lash line. I used my MAC kohl eye liner in Feline on the waterline. Then I took a pencil brush and just blended a little. You can see just a tiny glint of shimmer and shine on the lower lash line. Finally I used the gold color in the corners of each eye.

I will say that the eye shadow lasted all day. Great pigment, goes on smoothly and has great staying power. I am really surprised at the quality of these eye shadows. I don't use many drugstore eye shadows and wasn't sure what to expect.

Now I need to go back to the drugstore and buy one more of this duo before they are sold out. I am pleased to get two quality metallic eye shadows that are ideal for a more intense night look. They are also a great bargain and good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by deadscream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my favorite eyeshadow combo. The penny copper and rusty brown shadows look so good with my tan skin. The shadows are very pigmented. It can be a bit difficult to blend but it might be because I got it on clearance so I probably have an old stock item but I still love it. I'd be sad if they discontinue this duo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I am on the fence about this duo. Very pretty in the case, but the colors seemed really "off" when applied over primer (which surprised me because that normally makes the colors truer for me). The lighter shade goes on more bronze than expected, and the darker bronze shade went on much darker and kind of muddy. I do like them, but I wouldn't repurchase. There are much prettier metallic shades out there from Too Faced.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really pretty colors. The lighter color is like a mustard gold yellow color. The darker is like a mixture of bronze and copper. These shadows are pretty average quality, to be higher priced I thought they would be better than other's but I need a base for the color to show up good and for it to not fade. But the colors are pretty and I would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the gorgeous colors in this duo! They are so pigmented and silky. I had no problems blending and the staying power was impressive, well I used UDPP.I will definitely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by aimela

The lighter shade is so pretty. Very Coppery, shimmery, well pigmented. Not much staying power, but will try wearing it with the darker shade and see. UPDATE Totally irritated my eyelid. The crease on my lid was red and raw. Odd. It took a few days to heal.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

L'Oreal was serious when they said intense pigmentation because this eyeshadow is the most pigmented eye shadows i have ever tried! Very long lasting. However, i find it hard to blend and tends to be a bit flaky. The colour is beautiful but don't really suit me. Would probably try another colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by arj1024

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in "Charged," a copper and bronze duo. My blue-green eyes really pop! Not exactly long-wearing as it had started to crease before evening. I will definately buy this again! Only has one small sponge-tipped applicator, though. I prefer one for each color (or double- tipped).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Heck yeah, this duo is *awesome*! I'm not sure we ever got these in Canada but they are worth the while to either buy online or go into the US if you have the chance. After reading about these 'metallic' HiP duos on Scrangie's blog, I was intrigued to say the least. I have several of these duos but somehow bypassed these, until now and managed to buy a few for BOGO1/2off at Walgreens. Charged is an amazing foily golden copper/burnished copper duo. Silky smooth, a dream to work with and unlike most copper e/s (Milani Flare, MAC Coppering, Antiqued, etc...), these work with my skintone (C3, blonde, blue eyes) without making me look sick. Copper is supposed to work with blue eyes but many copper e/s are tricky to work with, especially since most people with blue eyes don't have overly warm skintones. This duo is a dream come true.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

Both the colors are silky smooth! I truely love the colors. A copper and a reddish toned brown. Looks beautiful on light brown eyes too :)