November 23, 2014 | 2063 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish PRO - Burgundy Flirt

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this red. It's not burgundy at all, it's more of a blood red. I've been wearing it for two weeks on my finger nails and a month on my toenails. I cannot get enough of it. I thought Zoya America was my favorite till I got my hands on this. It's the perfect red. I've been wearing it with Sephora's glitter polish in Be-Claus I Said So and it looks gorgeous.
The bottle is cute and the brush is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a great, basic red nail polish, this is one of the best bets from the drugstore. I love this polish for so many reasons. First, you CAN get away with one coat. You'll end up with a very pretty red nail polish, if somewhat generic. If you go on to two coats, the burgundy factor is amped up and this color is superb! Second, I LOVE the brush. It's flat and wide, which makes this polish so easy to apply in thin coats. Which brings me to my third point: it dries really quickly. Must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My perfect red!

*Long lasting++
*Beautiful colour
*Does not chip
*Great nail polish brush

I discovered this when I was at work and rang in a customer's items and when I complimented the colour she raved about it. I can see why and I am happy I purchased it after my shift (;

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by cawowinnose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the color, but it chips so easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by TheTruth1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing colour. I love my nails to look perfect and healthy and this nailpolish applies beautifully. The consistency is great and the brush is good too. I will definitely be buying this again and I also intend to try more nail polishes from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just about the only nail polish I've used the last few years. Three coats give me the gorgeous red I associate with old hollywood, that I adore having on my toenails.

The wear time on this is great, and I really like the different brush the bottle has. It makes application easier for me.

A beautiful red, that lasts for days. And it's under $5 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite fall/winter polishes. The color, a rich, glossy deep red, is equal parts classic and vampy. This polish is also quite the chameleon. In some lights, it's a bright, juicy, almost translucent cherry red. In other lights, it morphs into a deep blood red. At other times it looks like a dark burgundy creme with a slight jelly finish. It's gorgeous all around.

Even better, the formula is fantastic. It's thin without being runny or too sheer, so it's very easy to control and work with. The polish goes where you want it to, and stays where you put it. The brush, which is a unique wide brush with a curved tip, is great for creating a perfect rounded edge next to your cuticles. Three thin coats gives the perfect color for me. The wear time is also impressive. I have one coat of OPI base coat underneath and one coat of Seche Vite on top, and after a week there is only the tiniest bit of tip wear. I don't go easy on my nails either, I spend upwards of 8 hours a day typing at work, and I also went on a weekend trip where I spent hours soaking in a jacuzzi.

I highly recommend this polish.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by NiaKate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This polish chipped on me the very next day after I applied it. Admittedly, my nails underneath were in pretty bad shape, but base coat usually takes care of that. Also, I needed 3 coats to get a good opaque color, and even then the shade was kind of one-dimensional, more cherry than wine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have written a lot of reviews on MUA and there aren't too many that are for nail polish. Why? Because I find them all to be the same really...or I did until this one. I am blown away by how much I like these Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro nail polishes. I purchased this at Walgreens last week on the recommendation of the SA that was working in the beauty section. The color Burgundy Flirt is pretty much like any other burgandy polish -- great winter color. There are other factors that set this polish apart -- see below.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
1. When I first pulled the brush out of the bottle, I thought it was gloppy, but found that it was because of the brush which is so different from anything I've used before. It's wider and has a curve at the end, perfect for both covering the nail more efficiently and cleanly to the cuticle. Just be careful not to overload the brush!
2. The gloss is wonderful! Beautiful glossy shine!
3. Dried pretty quickly. I put on 2 coats and it covered nicely, no streaking.
4. Most important to me -- the wear. The wear was unbelievable! I work in a computer lab so am constantly on a keyboard and messing with cables etc. I never got a chip and I wore it for 1 week. It wore at the end of the nail, but never chipped. I easily touched it up at the ends mid-week. I removed it yesterday with no problem.
5. The price. Very affordable. I believe I paid $4.49 at CVS.

Cons:
1. A very limited line of colors! I was very surprised at this. I really wish they'd expand their line! I'd love to see a dark purple, but they don't have one (or I didn't see one anyway). It basically goes from pale pink, to fushia, to red, to burgundy, to black.

That's the only Con I could come up with. I love this stuff and totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I work in sales and use my hands a lot. This polish does not chip or fade as quickly as all the other polishes I have used and is the perfect red to complement my skin tone. I get opaque coverage in one swipe. I love the brush and wish every nail polish had it. This really is the best polish I have tried. I absolutely will buy again.