November 22, 2014 | 1278 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nubian Heritage - Ivorian Cocoa Butter hand cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by TheItsyBitsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Both the hand and body cream of this line are my HG moisturizers. If you're into cocoa butter it just doesn't get any better than this. The scent is perfectly chocolate, the texture is rich and silky, and it leaves my skin soft and glowing without being super greasy.
The only downside to this product is I can't just go out and get it whenever I need to stock up, I found it once at a brick and mortar health food store and since then I've had to order it online.
Edit: It appears to have been discontinued! I was so sad at this that I have emailed the company to beg them to bring it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Fairdose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! Finally a product that smells like a proper chocolate!
The smell is to die for but on top of that, this hand lotion works and is completely organic! I keep a tube at home, in the office and in my purse and everytime I slather it on, people ask me about it and want to know where they can buy it. Unfortunately still not available in Canada but I basically stock up everytime I'm in the States.
Nubian Heritage! Please come to Canada soon - we need you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Bexxa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While browsing and sniffing at Whole Foods, I came across this product line - had never heard of Nubian Heritage. The first selling point is that this hand cream is totally natural and organic. The second selling point is the consistency of the cream - I prefer a thick cream that goes on smoothly and dries quickly. The smell is utterly heavenly - I am so happy it's a natural, rich, deeply cocoa/chocolate smell. WOW! I've been using this on my arms, just so I can savor the fragrance throughout my day, and I've been keeping my hands totally moisturised just so I can keep sniffing them. Also, if you try to engage your politics with your purchases, there's no animal testing and the business is all minority-owned and deeply involved in community work here and in Africa.