April 24, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur 148 Tea Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE most perfect nude ever blended...discontinued in the UK...bought a stock of these from the US.
Has it all, a great superb amazing, bardotesque nude, not concealer lips at all but very pale and flattering to the skin, great color
Nearest to it is MAC fleshpot, also discontinued...why do they do this to us!?!!
If you have a friend in the US, stock up because this is the ultimate nude lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this for a while but now I have to be careful not to use as much as it is now discontinued. It's a perfect balance of a pink nude, I do not get concealer lips with this and my lips are not very pigmented and I have a fair complexion. It does not make my lips dry, there is no shimmer/frosty/iridescent particles in this lippie. I do not mind the fragrance or that the gold packaging really shows fingerprints, it retailed for $30.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gave me concealer mouth and i'm a Mac NC 15-20 Asian with black hair and dark eyes. Too pale. Laura Mercier's Tea Rose was a better fit for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by nancyburden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best. Lipstick. Ever.

That is all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best pinkish nude ever in terms of color and texture. However, it is pricey at $30. I have not found a less expensive dupe. I've compared it to other nudes that I own:

MAC Creme D'Nude is more peachy, less opaque, less glossy, and far less creamy. I much prefer the texture and pinker color of Tea Rose.

MAC Hue is more pink than Tea Rose.

GOSH Darling is much lighter in shade with a whiter base.

Revlon Nude Attitude is far more drying and matte and is also more orange in comparison to Tea Rose.

Revlon Soft Nude is more orange in shade in comparison. Tea Rose is more glossy.

Against all the above comparisons, all other lipsticks are less opaque, less creamy. The smell of Tea Rose is far lovelier, and the packaging is far more luxe. Tea Rose has a glossy finish that has no shimmer, frost, or sparkle. One con is that since it is so creamy, it will show cracks or flakiness in your lips so be sure to use a lip balm if your lips are not smooth and moisturized. It is really expensive but it really is in a class on its own. You get what you pay for -- a beautiful perfect lipstick.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by 176163

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably the ultimate in a nude colored lipstick. I think any skin tone could wear this as it is a blend of nude, peach and pink. It truly is my ultimate in a nude lipstick and I would cry if they ever discontinued it! I do also like MAC fleshpot alot, but it still doesn't compare to this beauty! Also, completely non-drying and glides on like a dream. I also like to add my favorite "colored" lipsticks on top of it, if I want just some more peach or pink added. Some good ones to throw on top of it are MAC colour crafted, snob, please me, rizzo. This gives you a lighter color blended into the #148 Tea Rose. If you want the best nude lippie, shell out $30 for this beauty and you won't be dissapointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To put it in simple terms, I absolutely love this lipstick. I love the formula of the Rouge Purs (very smooth and opaque as well as long lasting), the scent (black currant and roses), and most of all, the amazing color. I would describe this lipstick as a peachy-pink nude. Yeah, I said it, nude. A lot of people hate the term "nude", but to me, this shade falls in that category. If you take a flesh tone lipstick like MAC Creme d'Nude and and add the perfect ratio of pink to peach, this is what you get. Unlike MAC, with the YSL Rouge Pur formula, your lips retain their moisture and the lipstick wears very smoothly on the lips. This is HG status for me. It's always in my handbag. If YSL was to ever discontinue it, I would be upset...and then buy loads of backups. Highly recommend.