The Body Shop Aloe Lip Treatment

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Cera Alba (Emulsifier/Emollient), Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate (Plasticizer), Butyrospermum Parkii (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Ethylcellulose (Binder/Film former), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Soybean Glycerides (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax (Texture Additive), Aroma (Flavour), Butyrospermum Parkii Unsaponifiables (Skin Conditioning Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Bisabolol (Skin Soothing Agent), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 11/3/2013 10:33:00 AM

Not sticky, not waxy, the scent is ok. I have other preferences.

This has become the ultimate lip gloss and petroleum jelly alternative for me as I transform my beauty kit to something more earth-friendly. It lasts for hours and hours, wonderfully moisturizes, looks glamorous alone or on top of lip color, and has a fresh slightly fruity scent to it (probably because it's directly produced from an aloe plant and TBB says it's "hand filleted"). The tube is rather large for a lip gloss and a little does go a long way. With that being said though I still want to buy this in bulk because it's just so amazing a product!

A must have for eco-glamazons :)

on 11/30/2012 10:57:00 PM

So I went to the Body Shop looking around and I went and purchase this and two other minis to try out. I decided to try Body Shop's lip balms again but with a different range than the other ones.

This balm, I don't hate it as the other ones but I don't really like it either. It keeps my lips moisturized which it is a good thing but it is an unsettling feeling on my lips. It feels thick and it doesn't feel like it absorbs into my lips but sits on top of it until you eat or drink it wears off. It isn't the most terrible balm from the Body Shop, but at the same time, it doesn't wow me either.

on 10/20/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked how this product make my lips feel. It has a natural sweet smell to it but after application it tastes bitter. I'm pretty sure that's the aloe taste though. I got it for about $10 which is expensive. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just don't. I'm not skeptical about the body shop product actually but this is just a waste of money. There are a lot of better lipbalm with cheaper price

My product is called Aloe Lip Care. It's in a similar tube as what is in the picture but the label is slightly different.
I love this! very moisturizing and also looks great as a clear lip balm. Very little taste or scent and can be used over lipstick without disturbing the color at all.
Lasts for hours.

on 12/5/2011 12:34:00 PM

Holy moley this is terrible! I would give this 0 lippies if I could. I was desperate for a new lip balm and picked this up based on good reviews, and because I don't generally like lip balms that come in a stick formula. I'm having especially dry lips for some reason, with these horrible 'bits' that make me pick on them and then they bleed.... The only lip treatments I like are Blistex, Carmex (both in a pot) and a fabulous balm "Favora' that I get from Finland. Recently I finally ran out of everything...

So on to this product. At 9 euros and something it is expensive, but you do get a rather big tube at least. The product is more like a gloss in consistency, and it shines like a gloss, too. This would be okay. but unfortunately it has done absolutely nothing to alleviate my dry lips - and I've used it for several days running. If anything, the dry bits are accentuated. It does not seem to hydrate, nor does it provide a protecting coat as it wears off in a nanosecond. Very poor. UPDATE: I tried TBS Vitamin E lip balm stick which my husband likes, that did not work well either. Finally I got the "beurre de levres" from Biotherm (same kind of tube as TBS) and it's great. Hurrah.

on 3/3/2011 7:30:00 AM

Lovely lip treatment in my opinion. It's not sticky, it has a nice scent and the texture feels really nice on my lips. Shame it's expensive for being a lip treatment though. In the UK it's 6 but here in Sweden, where I live most of the year they sell it for a whopping 12. I mean, come on!!

Ah, but it's worth every penny :)

on 1/31/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

First thing I noticed, is this stuff smells and tastes REALLY good! It's kind of like a strawberry sort of smell. Second thing I noticed, is it feels really good on my lips, and makes them look good right away. This stuff definitely works better than any other lip treatment I've tried.

on 10/27/2010 4:47:00 PM

This product is the best I've found so far for my lips! I have a habit of picking my dry lips and this product is amazing. I love putting it on and it totally deters me from my bad habit!

The tip is a little annoying, it does kinda rub the product off your lips, which is wierd, but I just use my finger to apply.

It feels great and really really treats my lips! Yay Body Shop!!!

Popular Lip Treatments