April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Blush - NARS - Douceur

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by pazzie1999

Zoella & Tanya Burr (makeup artist) uses this product! And they look fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by insert_name_here86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was really disappointed in this blush. NARS blushes are usually known for being quite pigmented, this sadly wasn't. I don't know what is going on with NARS. He is making blushes that aren't quite as pigmented as previous blushes, it's like as if he is creating blushes that are only meant for a subtle effect. But why not create pigmented blushes, and just use a light hand? Anyways, unlike the other reviewers here with dark skin, I would not recommend this if you have dark skin, unless a subtle effect is what you are aiming for. This barely shows up on me. Maybe you'll see a slight hint of a pink, but then again barely. Even when you pack it on. I have always wanted a dusty rose blush, but having no such luck with my dark skin. The search is still on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Walko

You don't want pink? You don't want peach or brown? you want something in between.Then Douceur is your blush.Gorgeous colour that will suit most skintones.Compliments any lipstick as it is just that in between. Not matte not glittery just a nice healthy glow.I avoided blush for years as I hate the overdone "dolly" cheek look. But this is perfect, very natural.Love it, must be tried, I doubt if it will disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could only have one blush, Douceur would be it. I've almost used up the one I have and it is my first NARS blush to hit pan on. Douceur incorporates a perfect mix of brown and pink to subtly sculpt my cheekbones and give me a natural hint of color on an otherwise pallid complexion. The texture makes it easy to apply and blend without overdoing it. I can add as much or as little as I want and it still looks flawless. NARS blushes last about 8 hours on me (longer with primer). This is the blush dreams are made of for pale girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by bebokaur

So surprised it looks so boring in the pan like it wouldn't do nothing. It is definitely pigmented for sure, this is one of those blushers that don't swotch well on the finger or swipe swotch on hand but when product is picked up with a brush ( mac 168) it picks up plenty of product. When you apply this on the cheeks it gives a flushed light nude look on my nc35 skintone. I would not buy this again. However im excited to use this on days I don't want to contour or bronze, this is perfect to just wear alone, it adds warmth to your cheeks. Perfect to go with soft neutral make up or smoky eyes and nude lips. Overall im really surprised because as I said this looks so boring like it wouldn't do nothing to cheeks or have any pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Lisa1212

So I have this color but have not been using it. After reading these reviews that mention this blush is great for contouring, I decided to try it that way. It really is gorgeous for sculpting! I also tried adding a pop of color to the apples of the cheeks and yes, Deep Throat does look pretty with it...but I also tried Bobbi Brown Blushed on the apples with Douceur as the contour and this combination was even prettier on me. I think this summer when I have a tan, the Deep Throat will be the better "pop" color but until then, I will pair NARS Douceur with Bobbi Brown Blushed. Very excited to wear this new combo to work next week!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was searching for a nice, neutral and subtle blusher, that would also add a bit of contour.
I am NW15-NW20 and all the other recommended contour color such as Chanel Notorious or Nyx Taupe didnt seem to be seemless on my skin to me. They seemed too ashy somehow.
I was very happy to find Douceur which was supposed to do kinda both - add some color and sculpt a tiny little bit. I love the colour, its a light brown with a natural old pink to it that flatters very fair skintones.
I apply it on my cheeckbone and also a bit below and it looks amazing, it creates a natural shadow under the cheekbone and brings forward the apples of the cheeks.
I wear it often just like that, but when i really want to look put together i would add a bit of Deep Throat only on the apples of the cheeks. Creates a very nice subtle natural and healthy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by CaseyChieri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. It's my most reached for blush out of the 100+ blushes I own.

I love the fact that it's easy to apply especially for when I am applying my make up on the move - it is hard to overdo and gives an amazing natural look. If you want a gorgeous everyday natural look this is the blush for you.

If I had to pick one blush for the rest of my life it would be this as you can dress it up and down. I have NC15 skin and it gives a healthy glow.

I always apply Urban Decays Dew Me over it and it lasts all day long.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

After a lots of research by googling and swatches I ordered this online. This time no dice./ Expected a nice neutralish pinky-brown blush to use with smokey eye or strong lip look. It looks as boring in the pan as it does on cheeks. I`m fair but colour payoff is very poor. Hardly get it to show and lasting power is poorer than in Nars in general. I wonder if it`s a common problem with Nars blushes since I never get an over-application with Exhibit A either ( stippling, fluffy brush ).
For " neutral " or brownish blushes f.e. Mac Prism, Benefit Dallas, Lancome Brun Roche, Arden Sunblush, Blasco Warm Cocoa ( deeper ) are my go-tos.Tbh I like my Illamasqua blushes more now. Currently using Nars SG Mont Blanc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

Love, love, love Douceur!! I ordered this blush without seeing it in person from Sephora. When the box arrived, I opened it my kitchen with its fluorescent lights and my first thoughts were YUCK! It looked muddy brown like the dust my husband tracks in on his boots. I was thinking that this one was going straight back to Sephora. I'm so glad I decided to give it a try first. Gorgeous! It certainly doesn't look muddy on my skin. Unlike their other colors, it's a pretty sheer blush for Nars, I find that I need lot more to get the desired amount of color on my cheeks, but at least I don't have to worry about over-doing it with one swipe like my Sin blush from Nars. It is a great contour color and looks better IMO to use than my Too Faced bronzer with a light hand. This is the only Nars blush that I'm seeing a dent in so far because it takes more to show up. I've never encountered this color in another line. I'll definately re-purchase when I'm done.