December 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

Blush - NARS - Douceur [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by hanknelmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't know this product was being discontinued! I bought it during the Sephora sale and just wore it for the first time. It is sooooo pretty. Sophisticated and subdued, but really gives a polished look. No glitter or shimmer, so great for when a matte blush is preferred. I love all of my Nars blushes, this one did not disappoint, I think it will see a lot of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by anitahsieh

I am not a regular blush wearer, I'll usually favour bronzer over blush any day. But Douceur really changed my mind. It adds a bit of healthiness that bronzer can't do alone, but it doesn't scream OMG PEACHY PINK WITH IRIDESCENCE but a subtle whisper of sophistication. It is easy to use, its a sheer formulation unlike other NARS blushes, so I don't have to worry about over doing it. Like my bronzers, this also lends itself as an eyeshadow too; I work a bit of this into the crease to add definition or blow out a dark shade on the lid. This double duty product is a staple in my daily makeup bag in the bleaker months since it looks good with office makeup, dramatic lips, and no-makeup makeup days. Lasting power is so-so, better with a primer underneath, looks natural on my light-medium Asian skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by thenewjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nars Douceur is hands down my favourite blush/contour powder. The colour in the pan is one I wasn't naturally drawn to. I usually tend to go for the peachy or pink blush colours, and Douceur is a true dusty rose/brown. As I said, nothing to stunning in the pan, and something I wouldn't have normally gone for. But Douceur is a transformative blush when you put it on your cheeks.

It defines and gives the right amount of colour, and without trying just makes your cheek bones stand out. It definitely is more of a blush and contour in one, because Douceur is the contour colour for girls who find the grey/brown matte contour a bit too much to handle. I would say the colour is comparable to Benefit Dallas, Nars Penny Lane Cream Blush, Tarte Exposed, and Mac Blushbaby.

If you are thinking of purchasing Douceur but don't want to because of its not so stunning pan presence, don;t hesitate because you definitely won't be disappointed. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the most natural blush color you'll ever find, at least if you have fair to medium skin color. I have light to medium skin, but I think this would look the most stunning on very fair/ pale skin tones. The color looks so boring in the pan, but on the skin it comes across as a lovely natural flush, even bordering on an ethereal lit glow.
I own two Nars blushes and I'm astonishingly impresse with both of them1 and I well should be for the $30 price tag!
I will say though- Nars creates unique colors that you really can't find elsewhere, and besides that, the pigmentation and blendability are really what make them worth the price tag. I'll just warn you though- once you have one, you'll just want to keep adding more to your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by robertredford

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a redhead, blushes never work for me. They pull blue/pink/red, even orange. This, color is amazing - stays true - a nice fleshy neutral. I use it in the contour and, suddenly, my cheekbones pop. Works great with a basic cat eye and fleshy lipstick to create a polished, yet sexy, face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by pazzie1999

Zoella & Tanya Burr (makeup artist) uses this product! And they look fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by insert_name_here86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was really disappointed in this blush. NARS blushes are usually known for being quite pigmented, this sadly wasn't. I don't know what is going on with NARS. He is making blushes that aren't quite as pigmented as previous blushes, it's like as if he is creating blushes that are only meant for a subtle effect. But why not create pigmented blushes, and just use a light hand? Anyways, unlike the other reviewers here with dark skin, I would not recommend this if you have dark skin, unless a subtle effect is what you are aiming for. This barely shows up on me. Maybe you'll see a slight hint of a pink, but then again barely. Even when you pack it on. I have always wanted a dusty rose blush, but having no such luck with my dark skin. The search is still on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Walko

You don't want pink? You don't want peach or brown? you want something in between.Then Douceur is your blush.Gorgeous colour that will suit most skintones.Compliments any lipstick as it is just that in between. Not matte not glittery just a nice healthy glow.I avoided blush for years as I hate the overdone "dolly" cheek look. But this is perfect, very natural.Love it, must be tried, I doubt if it will disappoint!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could only have one blush, Douceur would be it. I've almost used up the one I have and it is my first NARS blush to hit pan on. Douceur incorporates a perfect mix of brown and pink to subtly sculpt my cheekbones and give me a natural hint of color on an otherwise pallid complexion. The texture makes it easy to apply and blend without overdoing it. I can add as much or as little as I want and it still looks flawless. NARS blushes last about 8 hours on me (longer with primer). This is the blush dreams are made of for pale girls!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by bebokaur

So surprised it looks so boring in the pan like it wouldn't do nothing. It is definitely pigmented for sure, this is one of those blushers that don't swotch well on the finger or swipe swotch on hand but when product is picked up with a brush ( mac 168) it picks up plenty of product. When you apply this on the cheeks it gives a flushed light nude look on my nc35 skintone. I would not buy this again. However im excited to use this on days I don't want to contour or bronze, this is perfect to just wear alone, it adds warmth to your cheeks. Perfect to go with soft neutral make up or smoky eyes and nude lips. Overall im really surprised because as I said this looks so boring like it wouldn't do nothing to cheeks or have any pigmentation.