John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Smoothing Lotion

3.2

Water, Dimethicone, Polyacrylate 2 Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Polyquaternium 28, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Extract, Panthenol, Polyacrylamide, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, PVM/MA Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Pyridoxine HCI, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Silica, Citric Acid, Laureth 7, Iodopropyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Diazolidinyl Urea

on 11/5/2012 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After I shower I use about 3-4 pumps of this & run it through my hair. It's so refreshing. It really gives my hair volume and strength. I'm almost out of my first bottle so I'm definitely repurchasing this

on 11/20/2011 11:53:00 AM

This is another one of my JF reviews where I use the word LOVE--since it seems to apply to each one I've tried! I had a sample of this, and put some on my damp hair. Then while blow drying, it was so easy to smooth out, and it felt so silky:-) This tames any frizz that my hair may have had before, but if used with the other JF products, it does keep it under control. I had just used the conditioner before this( a co-wash) and it worked wonders for my fine color-treated hair. And the smell of the root awakening products is fabulous too:-)

on 7/14/2011 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use this everyday! I love it s much I have 3 back-ups and whenever I use one, I go back and get another! I bought this out of whim, because I had an idea this would give me volume and sort of be like CHI silk infusion. Its nothing like silk infusion, but it leaves my hair shiny and smooth. The idea is to put this in my hair when wet, then style (blow-dry), which give unbelievable volume. I also use it on dry hair and add it after I style, and guarantees that my hair is soft and silky....

on 4/3/2011 9:24:00 PM

Definitely not a good product for my fine, very straight hair, it left it greasy and weighed it down. I was hoping to find something to tame the fly aways I get and this isn't it.

on 1/8/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I agree with others that this smells lovely however, after using the smallest quantity this left my long fine hair a slimy slippery mass of stringy nothingness. No root lifting, no OTT shine or restoration of any sort. This smoothed alright, smoothed itself right back to Harmon Drug for a full refund. Yet another John Freida disappointing product.

on 11/8/2010 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Does it seem to anyone else that the sample packs of this and the S&C seem different than the full-size, or is that just me? I really liked the samples, ran out to get a full size of this and the Nourishing conditioner since they were BOGO and wondering if I'm using the same things. Looks and smells the same (probably the best thing about it. I still smell it after my hair dries, which is great) otherwise I don't really notice a difference whether I use this or not, especially on wet hair. Like others I found this works well (if not better) on dry hair, despite the directions to the contrary. I'll probably finish this up as a frizz tamer on dry hair because it does smell really good and gives a bit of control and shine without stickiness or heaviness, but I can't say I'll repurchase because the great smell alone isn't enough if it does nothing else.

on 11/5/2010 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this product ten times on my thick hair. The first three times I used this my hair was soft.Then after that, it made my hair crunchy and dry. I dont know if my hair dryed out on it's own or because I used this each time I washed my hair. The smell is great. It's minty. So far, there is not a single John Frieda product I would consider repurchasing.

on 9/23/2010 12:21:00 AM

I got this with the shampoo & conditioner in the mail as a free sample. Normally I don't use drug store S&C, but I got sucked in by the eucalyptus. This stuff smells great. That's where the pros stop. Together with the other products, this was a disaster for my hair. I used all the products as suggested, and then air dried. My hair looked dull, felt dry and crispy, yet it had a waxy coating and felt fake. When I went to wash it out the next day, my hair got slimy, and that wouldn't rinse out, so I shampooed with my regular product and my hair still felt slimy and coated, so I ended up clarifying 3-4 times to get the crap out of my hair. My hair was a mess. I've had to do several protein and conditioning treatments to try and restore my hair. I've lost most of my color, these products were a huge mistake. What a disaster!

on 8/24/2010 8:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this as a mail-out sample. First impressions are, meh. This does smooth my hair fairly well, but I found it left my hair feeling thick and waxy, like most John Frieda conditioning products tend to do. Maybe I used to much; so I will try again and update if my opinion changes. Otherwise, no deal.

on 8/2/2010 2:38:00 PM

Great stuff. This makes hair very, very smooth and soft! I love the natural eucalyptus smell there is to it, just like the other Root Awakening products. I was very surprised at how great it was at taming the frizz. My mom wanted to try some on her hair, which gets very frizzy and basically only gets smooth by using a flat iron. After she tried some her hair was so smooth without the heat. The only complaint I have about this product is that it makes my hair more dangled than usual, and that the bottle is so small for the price :( Other than that, I would definitely recommend this to other people and would repurchase again.