November 28, 2014 | 1848 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Diamonds

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Rare Diamonds is an extremely rich, romantic and brilliant perfume, worthy of its name. The layers of beauty and luxury that diamond carries are embodied in this oriental - floral composition, with the sparkling opening that leads to the sophisticated, sensual and creamy notes.

Top notes: plum blossom, guava, peony. Heart: gardenia, diamond orchid, Sambac jasmine. Base: cashmere wood, patchouli flower, creamy amber.

to me this was a grandma scent!! ugh, i tried several times to pull this off, and NEVER!! it was a gift from my mother in law for christmas, but i could not do it!! i gave it to my sister, but she couldnt do it either, so we gave it to an old lady she worked with lol... she loved it!
glad it could make someone happy, it just didnt for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by fragrancelover2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lol wow I didn't know the age group 30's and up were spring chickens FUNNY reviews about old lady scents when apparently a lot of the reviewers are over 30. Hmm I do believe avon sells aging cream for 30 year olds. Anywho I like this fragrance and I will wear it no matter who thinks I smell old lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with the reviews on here, an "old" lady scent, kind of unforgettable, nothing spectacular here.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Jassmin

The only reason that I gave this fragrance a 2 is because it reminds me of my grandma. As a little girl I remember playing at her vanity where she had an AVON fragrance that smelled very similar to this. Other than that this scent is strong and unforgettable (not in a good way). It smells very chemically, and unnatural. The one and only time I wore it, it brought me to the verge of a headache, not a full-blown headache, but just close enough. Whenever I would catch a whiff, I felt slightly nauseated, plus it made me sneeze. This scent is very distinct. It is the kind of perfume that if someone had it on you would know exactly what they were wearing and smell them immediately. The bottle is beautiful, but IMO the perfume inside smells toxic.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells similar to Imari Seduction. NOT bad, just a bit too much going on for my tastes, as I prefer the soft, powdery, simple things. Still, on the right person, this is lovely. Kinda NOT liking the bottle. I prefer Rare Gold, but this isn't bad as the Rare Pearls. Sorry, just don't like that one at all! This has plum blossom, guava, peony, gardenia, diamond orchid, jasmine sambac, cashmere woods, patchouli fleur, creamy amber. Perhaps it's the jasmine and amber that has me liking it a bit. Smells quite expensive. So, although I gave it a 4, it's because it is well put together, just too much for me. And I guess it is an "older" scent. I think when some of us say that, perhaps we really mean that it's a mature scent........Well, whatever! I can totally see this working for an elegant "older" woman! Some of these "old" ladies are gorgeous!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by laurenmf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this fragrance. It is a spicy scent that I think would really be better for fall and winter. It goes from spicy, to warm, and ends with a woody note. I would also compare it to Imari Seduction and Bond Girl, but I don't think it is just for the older crowd. Not everyone who is "young" like the fruity type scents. Unlike Rare Pearls, I do think that the bottle is a little tacky. I could do without the cheap looking diamond thing on top. However, for the price, I think it's a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I must be the older lady the first reviewer was speaking about. ;-) I at first smell did not think much about this fragrance & thought it was pretty much like so many of the others, but the next day I tried it again and it was completely different to me. Perhaps I had on a conflicting lotion before. I find the warm cashmere wood scent to be very pleasant and blended with the florals is refreshing. I do think it fades fast, however after sleeping all night, it still has a pleasing smell which speaks volumes about a fragrance to me. I think this a good addition for any lady's collection and it seems to wear well for this time of summer. I give it a 4 for the packaging quality because the diamond dome top looks really pretty cheap to me, not a stone or even good plastic ;-) I give it a 2 on price because to me, all of the Avon & Mark smells are over priced for what you get and the amount we get. Other than all these things, I think I really enjoy the smell.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance will come out campaign 18 in 2010. its ok...how would i describe this scent..very similar to Imari seduction with Avon Bond Girl 007. "A brilliant jewel faceted with sparkling plum blossom, diamond orchid and the sophisticated elegance of rich cashmere woods". I can definitely smell the plum like imari seduction but not as peppery. Its nice, doesnt smell bad, but its a serious lady's fragrance, someone older perhaps.