December 22, 2014 | 924 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - SoCo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by buttonandbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A beautiful mauve. Not light, not dark, but just right. It glows.
I am a constant All Smiles wearer. It will always be my go-to. However, I decided to try some free samples of some other EM blushes. This was by far my favorite. The blush itself appears a tad purple but once it's applied it's a lovely, natural mauve. A perfect color for women with neutral, light to medium skin. This will definitely be my #2 blush when I don't feel like wearing my usual peach blush. Some people have false expectations about this blush. It's not a pinky pink, a bright pink or a typical natural pink. It is a bit deeper. It's something else. I think it's the perfect natural flush... but at the same time, a step up from the usual. They were right on the dot in calling it feminine and timeless. It appears to be matte, and from my experience this brand's matte blushes are incredibly pigmented. Which means you only needed the teeniest, tiniest amount of blush to apply it, which means one container of this stuff will last an extremely, extremely long time. You can't go wrong with blushes from this brand. They're the cream of the crop. And this color is excellent. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by zomgblah

This is a gorgeous plumy rose blush that gives the illusion of a natural flush. I really like it since it's super easy to blend and just brightens up the face. Be wary though, this is not a bright pink blush. Previous reviews have stated their disappointment and I would have to blame it on the website's description. But if you like mauve blushes this is definitely up your alley! The only problem I can see with this blush is that it is EXTREMELY pigmented and needs caution when applying. Other than that, I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by kbastow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color! I have very pale skin and this is a bit of a deep color and much more than I would normally wear but as long as I am careful with application and make sure to tap the excess off the brush it is a luscious mauve color that works perfectly with my skin tone. I have gotten it a bit too dark a couple of times but since I also use EDM foundation, I just went back over it with the foundation (kabuki) brush I got from them to help even it out and it was great.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

By the description of this product I, like other reviewers here, thought it would suit my cold, fair with pink undertones skin well but it is much deeper, darker shade than one would expect from the picture or description on their website. It made me look like an old clown. I had to sell it for a lot less money. I gave three lippies for the texture and pigmentation, which are both good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by thehils

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This blush reminds me so much of the rosy glow that little kids playing on a hot summer day get. It's the perfect pinky-rose, very natural and feminine!

It makes sense that this blush was named after the pink glow of the Austin woman, it fits perfectly!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by pasdebouree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a previous poster mentioned, SoCo was a disappointment. From the description I expected a lighter, not so deep pink. I don't know what it is with EM and blushes - I love their base and use it regularly, but their blushes seem to lean mostly toward warmer skin tones, and the colors look quite similar to one another. I mix "Soft Touch" and "Light Pink" half and half to get a color I can use easily - don't want to have to worry about over-applying or heavy results, so more sheer, less pigmented formulations seem to work best for me. Would not purchase this particular shade, although when I do use blush, I continue to use EM because it does not irritate my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

I'm so disappointed--cue the weeping and wailing! I was in the mood for something new--even a "new" brand (new to me, anyway, since I'd only previously tried a sample kit when they had those for free). So I went to the EDM website and, behold, they had this gorgeous new blush, SoCo. It looked pinky mauve, and they described it as "petal-pink," and "cool, bright, and delicious." I love blush, and this shade seemed like it would suit me perfectly, so I had to order it. Then I went through the exquisite torture of waiting for my blush to arrive. It finally came yesterday. When I opened it, the blush in the compact looked even better than what I'd seen on the website, so I couldn't wait till this morning to try it. But when I put it on...major disappointment! It just looked so ordinary--kind of a light plum--and not too flattering. Don't you hate it when that happens??? And there's more: a couple of hours later, I checked my makeup and poof! no blush, it had just disappeared. So now I have this giant container of totally mediocre blush, b/c I'm too lazy to return it--besides, it's pretty to look at, if nothing else. Sigh. Now I'm just hoping something great will turn up in the free samples I got.
EDIT: I gave this another try, and it definitely worked better the second time around, so I bumped it up from 2 to 3. If not HG material, this blush has a lovely texture and does what blush is supposed to do. I wouldn't buy this shade of EDM blush again, mostly because this will never run out, but I've already bought 2 more blushes from them.