October 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Powder - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by JosephineC

How I wanted to love this... My review is because I developed an allergy to this, and I had skin issues for months. I would like to warn you, that if you have sensitive skin, take caution and read the ingredients (IF you know what you are sensitive to. I don't know what ingredient it is though that clogs me up...) I have used Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation for 2 years and have no issues, its amazing. When I first used this powder foundation, it was to set and create a flawless look on top of my foundation. And wow, did it ever! I LOVED the look it created. After 3 weeks, my forehead developed little bumps and it was so disappointing. It was a long road after that to try and clear it up. In conclusion, if you don't have sensitive skin - try this on top of your foundation for a flawless look, it was so pretty while it lasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I see no pros of using the compact in my case.

Show dry patches, low/no coverage

Perhaps the shade doesn't suit me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this every which way, over make up, over matte primer powder, just over my spf moisturizer, which is thick. It just didn't last. I could see it patched all over my forehead by noon in the heat at work . I don't have AC at my job, but for the price & great reviews, I thought I would look like a mattified porcelain doll all day, but I looked like a leper by noon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Taipeibaby

I have been searching for a foundation that's light and comfortable to wear but I have tried tons of different kind and most of them just breaks me out or just wear off. This compact foundation from Giorgio armani is by far, the best I have tried. It's sheer and silky. I finally found a foundation that can even out my skin and feel like I can still breath

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is a lovely silky powder foundation that blends to a really nice smooth finish.It has good coverage for a powder foundation.It just has a lovely gliding transparent texture. Some powder foundations are no better than ordinary powders, but this is a lovely powder that lives up to it's foundation name. And it has spf 34!Good colour choice too, from fair to dark skin tones.In some ways I didn't want to like this as the price is ludicrous, but hey, it's Armani .I've been using their cream shaper foundation and loved it so decided to try this as I wanted a powder foundation for summer.This is the best powder foundation I've used.If you don't want to splash out this kind of money try the Max Factor facefinity powder foundation spf 15. It's also excellent, I've used it for years.But Armani to me is worth the splurge.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

It is a good powder foundation. It is very smooth and silky and it is not cakey at all on your face no matter how dry your skin is. The coverage is fairly light so I only wear it when I don't feel like heavy makeup or use it as a retouch. The sponge supplied is not good at all so using a brush will give you a much better finish. The only downside is, the compact dries out very quick, I used it for about 5 months and with no dropping or anything the whold compact just fell into pieces. So at the end, I grounded all of the pieces and use it as a loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by hina1983

One of the best powder foundations I have used. My only issue is that I can't find a perfect color match. I use it in 04, which is close enough, however, its a little on the yellow side (I find the majority of their colors are a little yellow). It's almost perfect, but not quite. It goes on smooth, sinks into my skin immediately, and lasts all day. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and even in the summer this will last 6 or so hours before I need to use any blotting paper. I use this over a moisturized and primed face, and generally use it wet (kabuki brush with evian mineral water spritz). I like full coverage, and this can provide that, however, if you prefer something more sheer that can be achieved as well. Of all the powder foundations I have used this is one of the top two (neck in neck with dolce and gabbana powder foundation). The packaging is ok, not great, but not bad either. I plan to continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by puka13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the first powder foundation i have ever purchased, because i have scars to cover up so i usually go for medium to full coverage foundations. I recently came to the realization that it is okay for skin to show through makeup so i opted for this compact at the GA counter. My opinion might short-sighted lol
The color i got was in 6 The color was not totally right was slightly pink (my skin has absolutely no pink in it.. if possible lol) I piled that powder on so the color was saturated
The powder glides on face (with the sponge it comes with) Initially face looks smooth. My hyperpigmentation scars showed through, so with clean shadow brush picked up some powder and spot corrected (not smart haha) Has that pretty 'powdery veil' look.
With in an hour i get oily, just a fact of my life lol
The powder sinked into my skin, looked like i was wearing a light cream foundation EXCEPT on the spots where i corrected hahahaa the spots looked like greyish/dark yellow splotches on my face!
I treated the powder like it was a cream foundation (not its proper function). I gave it another shot, i applied two EVEN coats with hyperpigmentaion slightly showing through. after it sank in. i got coplemented by more than one person "wow ur skin looks waaay better. What hav u done?" They did not realize i had on makeup. It was initially a bruise to my ego but then i looked at it a different way "Hell, i had on makeup that doznt look at all like im wherering something"
It is pricey for most people, but in reality by comparing it to other designer makeup its priced fairly

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by deborah92

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an HG product for me. Shade 3.5 is a very good match for my light Asian complexion. It doesn't look powdery, sink into pores or break me out. For a powder, it does a good job of hiding the red patches on my skin. Also does a decent job of oil control. Even though the price is outrageous, I'll buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by mystar456

pros:
-good coverage
-yellow undertones
cons:
-pafume smell-cant stand it
-looks cakey
-broke out like crazy :(
-high price

not gonna buy again