August 1, 2014 | 1643 users online

Sunscreen - Target up & up Ultra Sheer SPF 70 - 3 oz.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Jenyfyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this stuff is awful! I bought a can of the spray on sunscreen and my husband just tried it today. The smell is absolutely horrid - he applied it over an hour ago and that's all I can smell in our house right now. He also said it feels sticky/greasy and feels like it's sitting on top of his skin instead of soaking in. If this is Target's attempt at replicating Neutrogena sunscreen, they've got a long way to go. We've used Neutrogena's spray version in the past and it was not sticky at all and had almost no smell...will definitely not buy this stuff again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mama2chloe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awful. Sticky and feels like hairspray on my skin. I used it today and took a shower and it is still stuck to me! Hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by isingonrooftops

Ugh, first of all, this stuff reeks. I hate how heavily fragranced it is. The texture is alright for me, because my skin leans more towards the dry side, but this may be a bit greasy for you if you have oily skin. It also feels a bit sticky when you first put it on, although that eventually subsides. I would say that the Neutrogena sunscreens (which up & up sunscreens are often compared to) are still better, because those go on less sticky and don't smell as bad. If you like to buy from cheap drugstore brands, then this may be for you, but if you're more into more high quality brands with organic ingredients, then you may want to check out sunscreens from Badger, CA Baby, or Keys Soap.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Catzel

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Target up & up ultra sheer sunscreen lotion SPF 70 is Target's attempt to produce a ss **similar** to the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblocks.

The Target up & up ultra sheer sunscreen lotion SPF 70 active ingredients are Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (3%), Octocrylene (7%), Oxybenzone (6%)

These actives are NOT identical to those in the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblocks SPF 45, 55, 70, 85 or 100+. For the Neutrogena USDTS SPF 70, the actives are Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%). For the Neutrogena USDTS SPF 55 the actives are Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%).

I found the Target up & up ultra sheer sunscreen lotion SPF 70 to be greasier/oilier than the Neutrogena, which I also find greasy/oily in the recommended amounts for sun protection. In addition, the Target up & up ultra sheer sunscreen lotion SPF 70 is fragranced and to me smells like mosquito spray.

Summary: The advantage of using this product is that it's a few dollars cheaper than the Neutrogena brand; the disadvantages are oiliness/greasiness and smell of the Target brand.