mark Fresh Approach body cleanser

2.3

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I keep the bottle upside-down, since this is thick. It lathers extremely well on a pouf. This is fragrance-free, however, I can smell the castor oil; I get a hint of cucumber as well. It hydrates and does not dry-out my skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and was not sure what to think being the packaging is so plain and blah. I was right to be worried. First off the scent of this is icky. I do not even know how to describe it, but it is not a pleasant scent. This has no moisturizing at all. My skin did not feel any different after using. And to boot the sample did not provide very much or it just takes a lot of this to feel clean. Would not purchase or recommend.

on 9/14/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this product as part of a BzzAgent campaign, and even though it was free I have virtually nothing good to say about it. It smells like old cucumber and castor oil -- nothing like what I expected from the description on the bottle. The cleanser is so-so and the packaging looks and feels cheap.

Despite all the fair trade talk most of the ingredients are the same as any other drugstore body wash. There's also a lot of debate (among economists) as to whether fair trade is even a good concept in the long run.

Considering the product and the price tag, I would never purchase these.

on 9/12/2010 3:16:00 PM

Received this product as part of a Bzzzz Agent campaign. Fresh Approach body wash is part of their "fair trade" line of products and boasts ingredients honey and white tea on the label. This was my least favorite of the fair trade line (relief effort body cream and the big fix balm were the best). Very average body wash, with very little lather, and not particularly moisturizing. No scent, however, so those with scent issues might appreciate. Ingredient list is long and a combo of natural and not so natural. Bottom line, much better body washes out there, but if the "fair trade" aspect of the products appeals to you (as it did me) you could check out some of the other products from the line.

on 8/22/2010 12:31:00 AM

This is supposedly a 'hydrating' cleanser, but definitely isn't. This left my skin feeling very dry. I also tried it has a shaving cream, which honestly it worked better for that than as a body wash. Nothing special here, and definitely not worth $10. I won't repurchase.

on 7/20/2010 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a hydrating body cleanser, reminded me of Dove silk ribbon body cream wash. I just didnt like this product. I didnt feel clean because it didnt create alot of soap suds. I just didnt feel fresh therefore still felt dirty (in know tmi) after use. Maybe I will put it away and try it during winter, because right now its summer, and i want a more squeeky clean from my body washes.

Popular Gels/Soaps