December 20, 2014 | 1609 users online

Lip Gloss - Canmake - Nudy Glow Rouge

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by khairun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in 01 Rose Macaron for 19.90SGD, which to me is expensive. Lovely, lovely colour, soft brush (I can already see I'll have to be careful with it lest the bristles splay) applicator, which is my favourite kind, feels good on. I usually wear my glosses sheered out but this does seem opaque. I adore the sturdy packaging with its decorations.

First time I tried it I applied balm first because I heard the formula doesn't play well with any dryness on lips. Second time I just applied it neat on my lips and loved it. Didn't see any problems. I feel like it is also less sticky than Illa's sheer lipgloss and the brush applies better (probably because my Illa in Artifice is so thick).

Basically, I love it and wish I'd gotten it before, during a sale. There were very, very few left at my drugstore so hopefully they're not discontinuing this anytime soon and I'm trying to resist getting a back-up- at least, until a 25% sale happens! Must. Stop. Hoarding!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Brownie Chocolate, which unfortunately looks like it is discontinued. It's by far the darkest of their colors, and PERFECTION on me. Yes, this is my HG gloss. And wouldn't you know it that it's discontinued??!!!?! BUT OF COURSE!

It is wonderful, a true my lips but so much better color - a little lighter than my lip color and harmonizes perfectly with my skin. Just... perfect. The formula is also lovely, and sticks around for just about 3 hours with luscious shine. It gives some dimension to my lips, making them seem larger. I LOVE THIS GLOSS SO MUCH.

I bought a backup, of course. I think I should actually buy a couple more and stash them in the fridge... Yes. I think I shall do just that...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I bought mine when they came out in Japan in 2009.
I wanted a creamy, opaque pink lip gloss, so I got 02 Strawberry Milk.

It is hard to find these kind of colors at drugstore prices, even today. It also has no scent, and wears well.

Like other reviewers have said, it is hard to wear on it's own. The colors are milky and opaque, so it can look patchy or unflattering.

It is best when used over lipstick.When I want to soften a color, or add creaminess, I put this on top.
It looks amazing on top of orange, red, and pink.
If I want less shine, I just blot lightly and retain the color without too much shine.

I don't have a problem with the packaging or applicator, but it probably would be better if it dispensed less product each time, as you don't need a lot of this.

Canmake as a brand is hit and miss for me, as some of their products are great, while others are low quality for a low price.

For this lipgloss, I chose 'yes' to repurchase (although I don't know if I can ever actually finish this) because for it's price it really does serve a purpose, the color is a great find in a drugstore brand, and it allows me to create new color variations with my existing lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sewong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I definitely understand the negative reviews for this product. Though the nude colors are gorgeous, there isn't a huge selection and are aimed for people with light skin. (NC30)
I picked this up in "Rose Macaroon" and "Sugar Milk Tea". I happened to like Rose Macaroon more because it has more pink in it and makes me look less...dead.
The consistency is very thick and it is a little inconvenient because a mirror is needed to apply the gloss precisely. Staying power is a above average. Nonetheless, I do actually like this product, but it's best for people whose lips are in good condition.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have this in 'Sugar Milk Tea'. I hate to lower the ratings, but this shade wasn't for me. It's a milky brown-toned beige (creme finish) and has a slightly thick texture. The colour on my lips looked like I had rubbed concealer and applied a clear gloss over it. Very unattractive. Would work for someone who has fairer skin than me. They are a little sticky and wear is average. I'm not too fond of the brush applicator (like a nail polish brush), would prefer a doe-foot one. Must wear a lip-balm with this because it will settle into dry cracks.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The gloss looked really pretty in the wand, girly and quality packaging. This didn't work on my dry lips, and even after applying a generous amount of lipbalm before wearing it, the gloss still sunk between the cracks of my lips and made the lines very obvious. The consistency of the gloss felt pretty thin, pigmentation was so-so, and staying power was weak. The brush made it difficult to apply the gloss efficiently.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Catherin3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colors in this range are really pretty and perfect for nude lips. They give a strong, slightly glossy matte color when applied. It is also reasonably affordable, compared to brands like Candydoll although of course buying international prices are marked up. The gloss tends to be very unforgiving on dry lips though, it sinks into lines and accents dryness. Also it is a very sticky formula and I wish the packaging had a sponge applicator because it is very difficult to apply with the brush. I end up dabbing some on my fingers and applying it that way, which can be messy (it sticks to my fingers!) Further, it doesn't last very long. I currently own one of the colors and I was thinking about buying another but I am not sure anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Sonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss! It's really pretty. At first I had some difficulty with the brush since the bristles were too long and it was hard to blend on the lips because there's too much product and it is quite heavy in texture. I learned to swipe off a bit of excess gloss on the lid before applying, and it is an easy application. at first also, it was drying and accentuating my lip lines but since I used my lip essence every night, my lips are in better condition and i apply this gloss directly on my lips and it goes on smoothly. the staying power is not excellent but I don't mind reapplying. It's actually cute to carry it around me in my makeup kit and reapply because I love the product too much! I have Honey Latte and Strawberry Whip shade. I love the Honey Latte. It is a perfect nude and it's a matte gloss (I mean, no glitters or sparkles)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the product, hate the brush. The brush is synthetic bristles and it's one of the worst brushes I've seen. The product itself it pretty solid, opaque and pigmented in color, but it's unforgiving if your lips have lines, coz it will accentuate them more. This gloss actually contains very little product but is retailed at $9-10 USD, which is not what I want to pay for a Japanese drugstore product...The packaging is girly and sturdy though :D!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by walver

I can say this product is so so, have a nice soft nudy color, but a little bit sticky. The price is cheap (I bought it 70HKD). thing I don't like is the brush, I can't apply the brush directly onto my lips since it takes too much products from inside, so it will become too thick and wasteful. the only way is I apply a little on my palm and then had my finger to apply it on lips.