August 29, 2014 | 1798 users online

Polishes - MAC - Abstract

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by utopiasbows

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess this is pink but its very beige to me soft and frosty. nice neutral color. not sure if i will keep it might swap it

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by smuggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant on this one, but really love it now that it's on! The colour is a neutral pink, but quite frosted. It tends toward a golden-pink on my nails, and it looks like I have colour on my mani/pedi without looking garish or overdone. The polish is very thick, which necessitated dipping for each nail, almost, and re-shaking the bottle. Since it's so thick, I opted for two very thin layers with one thicker final coat, and got great payoff. Another review mentioned that this is streaky; to an extent, it is, but it comes down to how it's applied and the fact that it's heavy on the frostiness! I'd also like to try this with a softer brush, which I think would make a difference. In terms of durability, it's holding up well two days in without a topcoat; topcoat would likely smooth this out further, too. Qualms with the formula aside, it's the colour I love; this is an HG pink for me, a great basic/neutral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Abstract is pretty and understated light pinkish mauve that instantly makes my hands look polished (no pun intended). The finish is described as a frost but it is more of a subtle sheen rather than the tacky chunky shimmer from the 1980ís. Even with a base and top coat, this polish lasts 2-3 days before chipping occurs but as a frequent hand washer not even OPI or Essie polishes last on me. The color is not terribly unique and the quality is average but I have never come across a nail polish I love as much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC Abstract is a light pinky pearly nailpolish that I bought a little over a year ago. Since then I've tried to swap this and sell this on ebay (twice) with no takers. Finally I decided to give this nailpolish a try and now wondering why I was so averse to it. First off, the bottle color looks very mauvey pink and very frosty. The color and frost factor are toned down a few notches when applied. It looks more like a soft girly pearly pink, lighter and a tad more neutral than OPI's APN. It's a nice color for spring, will also be nice for those who shy away from dramatic color on their nails. Oddly, this is one of the few colors that I got an unsolicited compliment from my BF so yeah I guess I'll keep this one LOL :p

Application was smooth and opaque after 2 coats. The wear leaves a lot to be desired, I got "push back" on the tips within a few hours and chips by the 2nd day with my Stickey Base Coat and OPI Top Coat. For reference my skintone is Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, MAC Min Satinfinish NC30/35, and GA LSF 5.5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 7:21:00 PM More reviews by styrch

I probably won't buy this again. I found it to be a very streaky nail polish so I'm not that pleased at the moment. Don't get me wrong, it is a very beautiful light pink. I got it with the Classic Coordinate Coral set (came with coral co-ordinate lipstick). I don't think it's very "Coral" and it didn't match the lipstick on me. The color is very soft, good for summer. Maybe I'll grow to love it. At this point, it's too soon to tell.

Update: After wearing this nailpolish quite a bit I have to change my mind and say that if I run out i probably will buy another. There's nothing too special about it, but it does tend to look more "polished" and seems to stay on better than my OPI oddly enough.

Updated again: You know, I'm falling in love with this color. It's really grown on me. Had to add another lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by alyria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Fantastic colour. It's definately one of my favourites - I can't stop looking at my fingers when I wear it. Staying power is average; I'm a frequent hand-washer and this polish will chip after about a full day of wear (without a base coat.) The bottle is pretty and I actually like its large lid. It gives me more control during application. So, so pretty. Will purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2005 6:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkorchid98

I love this nail polish! The color is so versatile! I have received a complement on it almost every day since I've been wearing it! Definitely a hit!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMartyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty pink-ish color! No streaks or anything like that. I just got it and have been getting compliments :) i love this color! I am ppp if that matters.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by cete

Abstract is a satin frost, as you would hope from a MAC polish it goes on like a dream. It's like an antiqued rose sort of shade, my skin is quite warm/yellow toned and it is very flattering. There's something about the shade though, I can't quite put my finger on, maybe a touch too browny, so I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I like my hands to look really elegant and am not sure this is the polish to achieve that. I've said yes to repurchase but am not convinced on that yet. I'll have to report back. EDIT: have got used to this tone now; it reallly blends into my skin tone and looks very natural. I've also had quite a few compliments about this polish which has warmed me to it. FURTHER EDIT: this stuff chips like nobody's business if not surrounded by basecoat and topcoat. Annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by KateTheKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite MAC nail color (and I have many). When I lost my first bottle last year, I had to replace it immediately. A pinky-beige that is subtle enough to look classy on my fingernails without feeling boring.