December 18, 2014 | 1065 users online

Eye Shadow - Burberry - No. 6 Almond

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Burberry eyeshadow I own. Almond is a medium, fairly matte taupey-brown and is a great wearable shade for everyday. The formula is that very soft, buttery type of shadow. Compared to my MAC shadows (which I love) I don't find this shadow as long wearing. I have allergies and often get a little teary. This shadow isn't waterproof or resistant AT ALL like MAC is. Even with a primer the Burberry shadow doesn't stay on me all day. I am not super interested in getting any more shades, although they are pretty, because I haven't been impressed by how this one wears.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first Burberry shadow, and I do love it! The texture is incredible--so smooth and easy to blend, and it doesn't look powdery on the lid at all. It doesn't seem shimmery, yet there's a luminescence about it that's wonderful. And the color is perfect--a mid-tone, warmish (but not orangeish) brown that's utterly natural, yet showcases my deep-set blue eyes. This works as a crease color for me, as well as just a light wash on the lid for a casual but still polished look. I have many similar shades, but I think this may be my favorite. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

does an e/s junkie like me who owns a tonne of matte browns need this? YES. there are heaps of nice matte browns out there, UD naked buck tease, bobbi brown naked cement slate, mac wedge cork espresso, benefit quick look busy... you name it. but burberry's almond is out. of. this. world. i could not believe how buttery and smooth it swatched on my hand, and considering im getting such a high end product i should get a shade that i can probably use every day so i got this neutral brown. u know how people always talk about natural chic looks should have the eye shadow looking like a stain instead of full on pigment/ chalk on your eyes? this is it. it is pigmented (definitely not sheer), and gives u the most beautiful finish on your eyes - i hardly had to blend it because it just made my eyes look so beautifully "stained" by a gorgeous brown. perfect for every day. i need to go back and get more burberry shadows.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Almond by Burberry is by far one of my favorite shadows ever. I am a sucker for mid-toned browns for the crease and was excited to finally try a Burberry eyeshadow! Almond is the perfect crease color for a natural look. It can also be built up to get a deeper shade of brown. It's more of a neutral brown, not too cool or warm. It has some very fine shimmer than it is basically undetectable on the eye unless you're really looking up close. The texture is beyond good, it's super silky and blends so effortlessly even with a light touch. I'm very impressed with these shadows. True, $29 is expensive for one eyeshadow but the packaging and the quality of the shadow make that price tag fitting. The packaging is beautiful, it is magnetic and just looks sleek and chic. It will make your makeup collection look even prettier!

Almond looks beautiful with Trench, another Burberry shadow for a great every day eye. Almond looks great smudged under lower lash line and will look amazing with any eye color- especially blue or green. It can also be the perfect color to blend out a smoky eye. If you like shades like Urban Decay Buck, Naked, or MAC Wedge, Bobbi Brown Naked, you will love this color because it is even better! Because of the fine shimmer, you won't totally kick yourself for buying another color you already have something similar too. You can justify it that it's a bit different! :)

I will definitely purchase more Burberry shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Lynn2013

This is a great crease color if you have hooded eyes and don't want to mak a strong crease but want definition. It is a midtone. I use it with Gold Pearl, a new spring color on the lid. And mulberry in the outer corner. These are worth the $29 considering Lancome is up there to what, $21. They are not perfect, a bit powdery, but wear so very very long. More intesnse with eye primer. Good buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I waited a long time to buy this eyeshadow, mainly because I could not see it in person and it would be a pricey mistake if I ordered it and was disappointed. But I finally pulled the trigger, and it's quickly became one of my all time favorite eyeshadows. It is a soft slightly golden brown with a very pretty but subtle sheen. I think Almond is on the warmer side of neutral. It is not quite matte; I would call it a satin finish. And if you look at the shadow in the pan, you can see some small specks of sporadic shimmer, but the shimmer doesn't really show up on skin as anything more than a subtle luminous sheen. For N25ish or light, this makes a great crease shade, but it also looks great all over lid for a soft smokey brown look. I find I can wear it all by itself, and it looks polished and dimensional - there aren't many shadows that work this way for me. Very wearable shade overall.

For shade comparison, this is similar to Mac Cork and Mac Wedge, but with a much better texture and easier to work with (blends extremely easily). If you are familiar with the Urban Decay Naked palette, it would be right in the middle of the Naked and Buck shades. Same undertones and lighter than Buck but darker than Naked. Compared to Mac Soba, Soba is much more yellow toned and opaque. Personally, I can't wear Soba on my nc25ish skin because it looks a little orange-ish, but Burberry Almond works great for me. Before I saw Almond in person, I thought it might be close to Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmerwash or even Edward Bess Intimate (based on photos I saw online). It's quite different than both of them. BB Bronze is more shimmery and gold/bronzey. Intimate is a bit darker with more gray and khaki.

How to wear Almond - as I mentioned, this can be worn alone or it makes a great crease shade for a variety of color families (neutrals, greens, purples, mauves). It pairs really well with anything in the UD Naked palette. I like it in the crease with a shimmery champagne or beige all over lid (Burberry Pale Barley or Benefit Fawn Over Me). For a simple but classic look, you can wear Almond all over the lid with simple black liner or winged liner. Finally, really like to wear a dark reddish brown liner like Mac Teddy for a more classic Burberry look.

Others have already commented on the great Burberry packaging, but it really is luxurious and nice. It's a solid and heavy little box, and you do get a lot of product. I prefer to use an inexpensive brush (ELF eye brush for $1) rather than the included applicator. I hope this information helps anyone else who has been eyeballing this product online. :)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this as a crease color. It's a wearable, soft brown that I looks fairly universal. It's perfect as an everyday shadow and it looks great with just about any neutral color combo. It doesn't make me look tired or worn out as some browns can do. Very flattering. It's not a unique color but I love the pigmentation and the dense, powdery texture, not to mention the burnished gleam that so many of the Burberry shadows possess. It applies easily and it's buildable but I usually just do a light wash in the crease. At first glance it's similar to Chanel Sand (my other go-to crease color) but Almond is more pigmented, slightly warmer, and with a beautifully subtle sheen. Nice packaging with a secure magnetic lid. I can how this could be passed over for being an unexciting color, but the quality is lovely and it's a great one to check out for anyone looking for a staple shadow color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

beautiful neutral color! i love burberry eye shadow texture. it blends like a dream, feels so silky on the lids and this color is great to wear alone or to define the crease or to use as a blending shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

A lovely neutral colour that looks like lightly-toasted almonds, this eyeshadow is perfect for the natural eye look. It is also a good colour to use to blend out a smokey eye.

The texture is buttery and smooth as silk, the pay-off is consistent and long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade! As someone with fair skin and very little time in the morning to spend on makeup, I have been using this shadow consistently since I purchased it - because the Burberry shadows are high quality and sheer, you know you will end up with a polished, pretty look, without having to spend much time blending and working with it because it is so smooth and applies evenly. I wear Almond in the crease and outer corner of the eye, and usually go over my liner with it, and it gives a soft and pretty effect. This is probably the most expensive eyeshadow I have (next to Chanel?) but it has made me very happy!! Yes, the whole range is sheer, and that is part of the Burberry "look" - beautiful without trying too hard. This is currently my favorite crease color, cool and warm-toned girls alike will love this.