April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Foundations - Burberry - Sheer Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Last year i used one bottle from this foundation.
The advantages were the lightweight formula, the luminous finish, the relatively good coverage, the good shade (no03 for my nc25 skin), luxurious packaging, perfect for dry skin.
The disadvantages were that my skin turned a bit oily after 5 hours and it faded after 8 hours. It is pricey too.
Maybe in the future i will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Mimaq

I received a sample and I tried it on , my shade is number 5 and it looks really nice on the face , light as in texture and has an amazing coverage , most of the imperfections that I have are acne scars and minor discoloration problems and it looked really nice on , both in daylight and the normal lightening , this is a product that I will definitely purchase as a full size =)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by guitargirlsings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I was lucky enough to get a sample of this product. So, I don't have to return this particular product. This is also why I rated the packaging the way I did. I can't comment as to how the Burberry pump system would work for me long term.

Days 1-4, I really liked this product and how it wore in my cheeks, where I have more "normal" skin. (In my t-zone, where I have oily skin, I used the Burberry Velvet Foundation.) It provided enough coverage without looking too "made up." It was days 5 & 6 that the Rosacea pustules appeared on my skin in some of the areas where I applied the Burberry Sheer Foundation. (I have type 2 Rosacea.) This was the only change in my beauty routine.

So, yes, I have stopped using this product and, no, I don't plan on purchasing this or the Velvet foundation. If you have sensitive skin and/or Rosacea (whatever you want to call it), I recommend you avoid this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This foundation made me break out so badly around the nose which is made me like having a red nose. I only use for 2 days straight and it's from the sample that I got from the counter.
The coverage is very sheer and have a natural finish which I like.
For reference, I'm chinese, nc 15-20 and use #4.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Selphia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The color is nice in 04. Coverage is nice but it was so glowy that my skin looked a lacquered plastic doll when I used my normal moisturizer under it.
On bare skin, in winter it looks fine and it is great in photos. Not a summer/humid climate item.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation isn't sheer and fluidy at all, it's almost like a cream foundation. It has a quite good finish right after application. But after 2-3 hours, it begins to melt around my nose and sits in my pores in a very unflattering way. I give 3 lippies partly because No.01 is a good match to my skintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

It's a nice light foundation with decent coverage and good color matches. However most of it melted off my face within hours. There was no oil control. Also the scent was way too strong and overpowering- I don't want perfume on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Gracielleanne

I felt like this foundation was pretty thick for a "sheer" foundation. It is also very drying. I got a couple of samples from the Burberry in Nordstrom and I've been using it daily to see how I like it. It would emphasize my dry patches and settle into fine lines. My skin is combination. I feel like the foundation also disappears after a couple of hours so the lasting power is not that great. I just think you can get a similar drugstore foundation, even a better one at that for a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

This is a pretty good foundation. It applies really smoothly, is very lightweight and probably gives light to light medium coverage. It's buildable to a certain extent. This wasn't good enough to replace my MUFE Invisible Cover HD foundation, but it's still excellent. There is a slight fragrance to it, so be careful if your skin can't handle the fragrance. This foundation supposedly has a primer already in it, but I still used a face primer. I have light/medium skin tone and Combo (with a very oily T-zone).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is so nice and light-- and the smell is gorgeous-- a faint rose smell... However, I'm not sure it is the best for someone with dry skin such as I have... Even after applying plenty of skin cream before I tried this, it still seemed to go on a bit chalky, and not as smooth and creamy as I would require... When I think of the ideal consistency of a foundation that is hydrating enough for my dry complexion, I think of GA LSF. I definitely don't want to bring down the ratings just because this foundation is not the correct formula for me and my extremely dry skin, so of course I won't. I think it's a beautiful foundation for anyone else who doesn't have as much of an issue with dry skin... I also felt like the colors were a bit lighter than normal, which I never usually have a problem with (it's usually the opposite-- hard to find a light fndtn!) #4 was a bit too light for me, and I'm around NW15-20....