October 26, 2014 | 1045 users online

Foundations - Burberry - Sheer Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by vhgg15

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After year of wearing the wrong foundation color,and undertone.I have finally found perfection, this is the BEST!!! Foundation I've ever had.its sheer yet it covers,feels like nothing on the skin,and last at least 10 hours, I love this,I also own the compact foundation it's nice too,but not as nice as this, I'm hooked, hope this is never discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by vespera

while i do like this foundation, i am on the fence about whether i would purchase it again -
the coverage, for me is quite sheer to light-medium, although it does provide a slightly dewy finish, i noticed that as winter approaches i find it accentuating my dry flakes but then again maybe it would perform better if i improved my moisturizing regimen. the texture and smell of the foundation is great, feels luxurious and never sinks into fine lines, is not heavy and doesnt feel like you're wearing anything so those are major plus points! i do like it, but i dont LOVE it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good (even very good) foundation, but ultimately I would not repurchase because it oxidizes on my face.

Others have described the formula below, but I will add that Burberry does a better job with pale foundation shades than most other non-specialist brands. As someone usually 1/2-2 shades lighter than the palest shade in most drugstore and HE, I was thrilled with the color match for Trench #2. The undertone was peachy and nicely balanced between warm and cool, so it was an excellent match for my neutral skin. The shade was pale enough without making me look chalky or ghostly, and the coverage was sheer but buildable, smooth, and comfortable. I wore this with silicone-based primers underneath and Burberry's pressed powder on top for my wedding, and it photographed brilliantly. I was very pleased with how my makeup came out that day, and 80% of it came from the Burberry counter.

However, regardless of the primer I used underneath, within 10 minutes of application the formula would begin to oxidize along my jaw, forehead, and cheeks, making it look like I was wearing either too much bronzer or the wrong shade of foundation. It still looked like the right color in the sunlight and in photos, but indoors I could clearly see that the color had changed - my forehead is oily but my cheeks and jawline are dry, so I am at a loss to explain it. I had a SA actually squeal when it happened before her eyes because she had never seen it happen so quickly before. Since she was the brand rep, it sounds like my experience was an anomaly, but I still can't rate this foundation a 5 because of it.

I kept the foundation for a few years and took it out occasionally to try with different products underneath, but always with the same result, and within the last year I threw it away in a purge.

I should also mention that, while the scent does not last, it is surprisingly strong, as are the matching powders and blushes - a rose/iris scent that I do not find offensive but would still prefer not to have at all. Those who are very sensitive to fragrance should bear this in mind.

If you have normal to dry, fair skin, this range is absolutely worth your consideration. If you have trouble with other foundations oxidizing easily on your skin, as I do, give this product a pass.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I was given a few samples of this foundation, the good thing is, this product has a skin like finish, covers flaws & looks natural. BUT .....
with such modern package, this liquid is laced with this awful sweet floral yester-century fragrance, its like rubbing perfume on the face.
Thank goodness I have other foundation that does equally good for me, around the same price range. If it is not for this gawd-awful smell, I would buy this in a heart beat.
Are these manufacturers in their right mind?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by zohaprvz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Why is this foundation so under rated!!! Cause for me i think i finally found my HG foundation !! First off the price i guess its 52$ in the US which is pricy but i live in Saudi Arabia and here it costed me SAR 209 which i feel is not that bad for a Burberry foundation. My shade is nc 30 - 35 in mac and i was matched to trench no.3 which suits me perfectly. The coverage IMO is a medium to full coverage and that is suprizing cause it says sheer foundation but its not. Its lasts a good 6-7 hours (without powder) and it can last even more with it. The best thing about this foundation is that it does not cling to my dry paches, i have dry skin and previously i was using the mac studio fix fluid which used to dry me out like crazy !!! So my hunt for a foundation began and i ended up buying this one :) from the moment the lady on the counter tried this on me it felt so hydrating and moisturizing as if i just drank 4 glasses of water !! i just loved the finish it gave me and the overall look of the foundation after 10 mins of setting was amazing. The finish is so beautiful and luminious that i never feel like powdering it i prefer wearing it on its own. I would highly recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin i don't know how will it work with oily skin i suggest you to try it out before you buy it so you know exactly weather you like it or not :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ioannana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The past 2 years I have been coming back to this one. It is so light I forget I wear makeup but it has a great buildable coverage. I love love love that healthy glow it leaves on the skin and the actual flawless finish I get! My shade is trench #4 which is a great match for me. The only disappointing thing for me (except the price...) is that it is not very stable. It goes easily to my clothes and phone even with a setting powder.
Overall, I think I'd feel insecure without this in my makeup kit. Still searching for the p e r f e c t foundation though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Last year i used one bottle from this foundation.
The advantages were the lightweight formula, the luminous finish, the relatively good coverage, the good shade (no03 for my nc25 skin), luxurious packaging, perfect for dry skin.
The disadvantages were that my skin turned a bit oily after 5 hours and it faded after 8 hours. It is pricey too.
Maybe in the future i will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Mimaq

I received a sample and I tried it on , my shade is number 5 and it looks really nice on the face , light as in texture and has an amazing coverage , most of the imperfections that I have are acne scars and minor discoloration problems and it looked really nice on , both in daylight and the normal lightening , this is a product that I will definitely purchase as a full size =)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by guitargirlsings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I was lucky enough to get a sample of this product. So, I don't have to return this particular product. This is also why I rated the packaging the way I did. I can't comment as to how the Burberry pump system would work for me long term.

Days 1-4, I really liked this product and how it wore in my cheeks, where I have more "normal" skin. (In my t-zone, where I have oily skin, I used the Burberry Velvet Foundation.) It provided enough coverage without looking too "made up." It was days 5 & 6 that the Rosacea pustules appeared on my skin in some of the areas where I applied the Burberry Sheer Foundation. (I have type 2 Rosacea.) This was the only change in my beauty routine.

So, yes, I have stopped using this product and, no, I don't plan on purchasing this or the Velvet foundation. If you have sensitive skin and/or Rosacea (whatever you want to call it), I recommend you avoid this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This foundation made me break out so badly around the nose which is made me like having a red nose. I only use for 2 days straight and it's from the sample that I got from the counter.
The coverage is very sheer and have a natural finish which I like.
For reference, I'm chinese, nc 15-20 and use #4.