Tamanu Oil

4.3

Dried out my skin and made it break out. But I used it on my hair and it seemed to make the hair cleaner, fuller looking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

1/26

It's drying my skin and making me break out with deep cyst acne...

================================================================
I have been using this oil since 1/9. The claim is real!! I was using Avocado oil which is still great on my acne prone oily skin but I guess Tamanu oil is working better as it is anti-bacteria and helps regenerate skin cell faster! I can feel my spotty chin caused by Avene green cleansing gel is healing. And it is kind of astringent but not too astringent for me that cause irritation and peeling. My pores look smaller and refined compared how it was before using this oil.

The consistency is thick and has a herbal smell which i don't find it offensive. Smell like wood to me. It irritates eyes if I put too much around my eyes ie I don't suggest use it as makeup remover.

I add this oil to my moisturizer and apply to my face morning before sunscreen and night.

I bought my oil from Amazon by Leia Naturals.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I really wanted to love tamanu oil as much as I love rosehip seed oil but that just wasn't the case :/. Tamanu oil didn't get along with the skin on my face, which is acne-prone, sensitive and oily. After 2 days of pairing up a few drops of tamanu oil with my rosehip seed oil, I noticed I was breaking out in white heads and my skin was much more oily than usual. I knew it wasn't the rosehip seed oil, which leaves my face feeling supple and practically flawless.

If your skin is really sensitive, I would be careful using this oil. While it is very soothing going on, it still managed to clog my pores. Instead, I've been using this oil as an overnight eye serum and for stretchmarks. It works quite well for those purposes but I'll never again put it anywhere on my face except for around my eyes. Some people complain about the smell but I don't mind it. It smells kind of like celery. Oh well. Nothing a little lavender oil can't solve :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This didn't wow me in any way. By far my favorite facial oil is rose hip oil---it brightens, heals scars, calms skin, rejuvenates, and all other wonderful things (see a detailed review on my page). Tamanu oil didn't do very much for my skin, at least nothing more than what rose hip oil already does. My gripe with tamanu oil is *IT BURNS MY EYES* and *SMELLS UNPLEASANT--LIKE CURRY*. I mean, I love eating curry and while the smell of curry would excite me when I'm hungry, I don't want my face, towel, or pajamas to smell like it. Also, I like to mix my moisturizer with a few drops of whatever oil I'm using and apply all over my face, including my lips and eyes, and I can't do this with tamanu oil since it burns my eyes so much. If you want to try it out for yourself, you can use code YEW608 to get $10 off your order on iherb.com, which is where I purchased mine from (and also where I get my trusty rose hip oil from!)

I love this oil. I just ordered my second bottle. I am menopausal with very finicky skin. I either get irritated and burned or I get blemishes or worse yet I get ingrown hairs. I was at my wits end trying to get rid of a red fumanchu around the mouth when I read about this oil. I immediately ordered it. Luckily it came quickly. I mixed it with Camellia Oil which is my favorite carrier oil. Immediately it started to heal, although my upper lip has taken longer. Then I started to research more essential oils. I already used tea tree oil but found using it straight was rough on my skin. I also had two ingrown hairs which I used TTO and Camellia Oil, both are gone now. I read to exfoliate for the ingrown hairs and although I do exfoliate I am not good about remembering to do it. I am now since I hate those bumps. I now have a bottle with Tamanu/Camellia/jojoba and a drop of geranium for my legs. TTO/Camellia for blemishes, Camellia/Tamanu with two drops of geranium, two droppers of RHO one dropper TTO for my face and neck. I still use retin-a lightly and a firming cream on my neck only. I still try to use Isomers or Korres though on my neck. I am using BE mineral powder/It CC powder as my makeup with Tarte Amazonian Clay setting powder. Forgot to mention that my left eye is puffy and Tamanu really helps with that. The geranium takes away some of the Tamanu smell. After reading other reviews it has dawned on me that at night when I thought the furnace had a burning type smell that was probably the Tamanu. I only smell it late at night after I was my face, lol.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

CURSE THIS DEVIL JUICE! Seriously, this stuff sucks. I hate it so much that I almost think that all the good reviews are fake and that it is a conspiracy by tamanu oil companies lol. So.... I don't break out anymore (thank you spirolactone!!). Although, I do have some red spots that I would like to treat. So I decided to try this. My skin looked really nice after application. Didn't mind the smell. Two days later--- I break out. I decide to give the tamanu oil another chance, but only put it on my forehead (a place i never ever break out). Next morning-- three huge zits where I applied it. It really couldn't be anything else. Hate this stuff. I will never put an oil on my skin again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I cannot believe no one else thinks this reaks!!! If you like walking around town smelling like a skunk, then this is the product for you! I even tried more than one brand because everyone was saying what a miracle it was. First of all, not only did it not help with breakouts, I think it may have CAUSED them. So frustrating. In the end, the smell was the straw that broke the camel's back. Everyone was asking what the putrid smell was. It was me and I smelled like a skunk for weeks until I couldn't take it anymore. I hate this product!

I use this product from Shea Terra Organics and I cannot even begin to express how fast my skin is healing. I had a case of a few breakouts that came out of nowhere that were just not healing properly. I applied the tamanu oil directly to the breakouts twice a day for a few days and already after day one I could see a big difference. This reduced the size and redness of the pimples significantly. I only buy tamanu oil from Shea Terra Organics because I know that I am getting unadulterated stuff. The product itself reeks of burnt wood, so if you are using tamanu oil that smells pleasant, it has probably been mixed with other ingredients. This product is very reasonably priced and works wonders, so I will definitely continue to purchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love Tamanu Oil! it is incredibly moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and soothing. For anyone that has acne prone skin- do not fear! This will actually work to heal breakouts and prevent new ones from resurfacing, while still providing your skin with what it needs.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using the New Roots - Tamanu Oil for a few months now. I have suffered with acne/combination skin my whole life. I tried accutane when I was 16 and it worked wonders. I took birth contro at the age of 18 and stopped taking it at the age of 26. When I stopped, my skin got really horrible again. I'm currently 6.5 months pregnant and there are a lot of products out there that you can't use as they are apart of the aspirin family, depending on the %. I find that Tamanu oil is natural and works well without making your skin peel like other harsh acne treatments.

Tamanu oil does not make your skin oily. It actually can make it a bit more dry however it works wonders on scarring and marks. I find that it heals any existing acne. I mix it with a carrier oil, either vitamin E or Jojoba oil. I only use a few drops for my entire face. I put it on at night as it does not work well under makeup, at least for myself. On a good day (with minimal breakouts) I find my skin is glowing and I have been asked several times what kind of skin care products I use.

I have also done a mixture with a bit of tea tree oil, tamanu oil and jojoba oil with a bit of lavender essential oil. It really takes down any red and angry looking break outs and heals them up faster with minimal scarring. Something that I only put on at night as well.

Popular Face Skincare Products