April 17, 2014 | 1694 users online

Shampoo - Aphogee - Deep Moisture Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lionstar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for a shampoo which would give me shine even on the crown of my hair--I have an oily scalp so I have to scrub pretty hard and the mechanical stress adds up I guess. I got the shine with this shampoo, and less of a "crunchy" set. My hair is really soft. I say I will buy this again based on my first shampoo, but really until I use it repeatedly I can't be entirely positive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I love the fruity scent of this and how it leaves my hair soft and full. It has a good lather and does a good job of cleansing my hair without drying. I rotate this with my other favorite shampoos. I have never tried the original version so I can't compare that one to this. I can say it is as a good as my cream of nature ultra-moisturizing shampoo in terms of performance. I bought mine at Sally's for about nine dollars, though the aphogee line has sales sometimes so you could probably get it a bit cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is one that I rotate. I use this shampoo to assit with bounce and fullness when I'm going for a wrap. I use a deep moistuing conditioner after I wash and because of that I never have a problem with this shampoo. I have no problems with hair fall out or dring of hair. After using this, ors conditioner, husk placenta leave in and salon finish wrap lotion My hair is Salon Quality....I am AA with 4C hair. Relaxed affrim. I love this shampoo if you are suffering from dry hair use Kenra Deep Mosturing Shampoo with conditioner or try Desert Essence Organic Coconut Shampoo with conditioner, you will be happy.....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product made me go through the worst hair experiance of my life. I used this shampoo rather than the other Aphogee shampoo because i have really dry hair so the deep moisture part caught my attention. I used this product and after a while it seemed like my hair was even more dry than it was since the beginning when i started to use this product. The other worst thing about this product is that it contains mineral oil which is bad for hair because it doesnt moisturize, it only coats your hair and clogs the pores which deprives it of moisture and oxygen. Also this product and so does all of the other aphogee products have high levels of protein which can damage hair if your hair doesnt have enought moisture or anything else for that matter. My hair became so dry that it tangled up and lots of hair started to fall out. This is the worst shampoo i have ever used and i caution people who want to use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kaisofine

I have been using this product for a few years now and let me just say this is my favorite shampoo. The Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo replaced my Biolage Hydratherapie Shampoo. This shampoo ranks number 1 on my list, number 2 being Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo (only because it comes in a bigger bottle which is better for dorm life). It feels like I'm washing my hair with conditioner. It also has a pleasant smell to it. My only issue is that it doesn't come in a big 20oz.

This reason why I picked this shampoo over the one for Damaged Hair(also by Aphogee) is due to the lack of protein. You have to by careful of having protein overload in your hair regimen. BTW I'm a black woman with coarse relaxed hair.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No