MAC Eyeshadows in "Violet, Dear"

3.8

on 4/15/2007 3:19:00 AM

Ugh. In the pan this is a light, cool lilac-y color with silver sparkle. On me it's nothing. I can't tell I've even put it on. Very chalky consistency.

I was really lemming this badly...I finally got it and was pretty dissapointed. I did really like the color, a pastel lilac with lots of shimmer, in the pot but it was so shimmery that it didnt want to stick to my lids at all. What did stick washed me out. Its not a color for me...but if you love light purples you should try to track this one down.

I cant help but feel like this is Kitschmas's eye shadow twin.....overrated.

on 5/7/2003 2:12:00 AM

Very pretty lavendar. On the light side, but definitely goes on better than Nars Night Fairy. I had to put on a little more than usual to see any shimmer, but that wasn't a problem because eventually I did see it.

on 3/10/2003 10:57:00 PM

Violet, Dear is a shimmery lavender shade. It reminds me of Digit but with shimmer. To get a similar look, you might want to try Digit eye shadow with frost pigment on top.

on 1/24/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a light lavender type color. It was a limited edition shadow and I was lucky enough to receive it in a swap.

on 1/10/2003 6:38:00 PM

the color didn't work out too well for me, it was too light and hardly had any pigment. nice texture though and i guess it's my fault for buying it anyways. it would look good on someone else.

I think this is pretty similar to my shadow colour Digit. Its a soft lavender that would work on a wide variety of skintones. This was a limited edition product. But if you like it try the colour Digit.

on 6/23/2002 6:53:00 PM

This has been one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows but, unfortunately, has been discontinued. I was able to acquire another through a swap. It's a very light lavender color with a tiny bit of sparkle. I wear a lot of purples & plums, and it goes very well with them.

on 8/16/2001 10:19:00 PM

This is such a pretty color and quite wearable as well. I received it by mistake in a swap and ended up purchasing it from the person I was swapping with and I bought a 2nd one in case it was a limited edition. Nice on the lid with a deeper purple to line.
Ilene

on 6/15/2001 8:45:00 AM

I adore Violet Dear! Its a sheer lavender with tiny tiny silver sparkles. And at a modest $12 to boot!